• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Consistent transfer window failings

Signmeup

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and wanted to let off some steam! Ive been an arsenal fan for 26 years and unfortunately I'm falling out of love with the club and losing interest until there is change. I appreciate there is a lot wrong with our club but the place for me to start my rant is the transfer window.. I've made some points below, it would be good to know your thoughts and also if there are enough of us who support my view and are interested im making a stand to change the current way we go into the transfer market..

We can all relate as Arsenal fans that every transfer window closes with sheer disappointment whilst we see our rivals make solid signings who add quality. The points below happen in every transfer window but why?
Take last summer, we purchased Lacazette early and also Sead, yet Lacazette is not given enough game time and Sead after a run of solid performances is now benched with Wenger playing M-Niles just to prove a point his youth player is developing. That same transfer window saw us sell and loan players but more importantly we still held on to players that should have been sold. We at no point were going to purchase Lemar, a 90m bid was made knowing he wouldn't move, this was to dupe the fans into thinking the effort was made, furthered by a deceitful claim by Wenger that "we're going back in for him in January". We left it until the closing minutes when the deal could have been completed a month before so this was a move made purely to pull the wool over the fans eyes and reduce the uproar of yet another failed transfer window.

Consistent failings;

-We immediately enter the transfer window and buy unestablished youth players who are loaned out and have no impact to the team over purchasing high quality players who can make an impact to our campaign. The youth players we rush to buy rarely feature for the team and are often sold before being given a chance.

-We leave it until the last minute in every transfer window to make moves on high quality players. Our rivals all purchase early in the window so they can integrate into the team and stop other teams signing that target. Too often we have been interested in a player only to see our rivals purchase them.

-We often sign players that are at the back end of their career and past their best, an example being Cech. How often do you see our rivals buying older players who 3 seaons ago were at their peak?

-We hold on to players who are no longer needed then over price them so no one is interested in buying them. Examples like Jenkinson, Walcott and Debuchy should have been sold long ago yet are still part of our team.

-We consistently offer under the valuation of players only to see them purchased by a rival who had no problem offering the asking price.

-Why are we always under achieving in the transfer window and never making progress on the season before. An example is at the end of a season it will be clear we need to add a defender and a winger for instance yet we will sell 3 players and only bring in 1, we are now worse off starting the new season than when the last one finished.

Off topic but it happens too often..

-Our manager makes erratic team choices, we field a weak squad in big/important games yet for smaller games he will field a full strength squad. When was the last time we dominated a game against our rivals?

Our fanbase is content with these consistent failings and are afraid to voice they're opinion or want change. Are there enough of us out there who can form a taskforce to see that changes are made for our transfer window policy?

Thanks for reading/replying.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We moved for Lemar early but were rejected by Monaco. Monaco then made contact late in the window with Arsenal but Lemar wasn’t keen on any last minute transfer.

Generally though, yes, we’re poor in transfer season. Most of all, it seems we don’t have anyone at the club who can close out deals, our transfers seem to drag on too long and we miss out only player anyway. The ex Barca guy might help us here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You’ve posted a fair bit of rubbish. We don’t often sign players at the end of their careers.

Lacazette has had enough game time and hasn’t cut it. Niles is better than Kolasinac too, Wenger isn’t trying to prove any point here in regards to youth.

Signmeup

GDeep - I'll help you out.. Podolski, Arteta, Debuchy, Kallström (loan), Mertesacker, Cech to name a few. They were in their prime before they joined Arsenal.

Completely disagree with your view on Lacazette and especially AMN who is miles away from being as strong as Sead, as aware of his surroundings on the pitch and as capable of scoring/assisting.

I appreciate there are some that will defend Arsenal until they are blue in the face but those are hard facts above. We are slipping to a mid table side and need a complete overhaul to bring back our glory days.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We buy ok.

Our issue is we are pretty much the only big club in Europe that doesn't sell.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We buy ok.

Do we? Every window failing to buy what we need the most, the window where we only got Cech, making a profit then sitting on it and not resolving our gaping holes in the first team? Almost never sign those "about to explode" players that Leicester, Liverpool etc have managed to find.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We moved for Lemar early but were rejected by Monaco. Monaco then made contact late in the window with Arsenal but Lemar wasn’t keen on any last minute transfer.

Generally though, yes, we’re poor in transfer season. Most of all, it seems we don’t have anyone at the club who can close out deals, our transfers seem to drag on too long and we miss out only player anyway. The ex Barca guy might help us here.

This has probably been our biggest issue, that and there are lots of rumours that we more or less focus on one thing at a time and never have backups.

We're quick to lambaste rumours in the press and from "ITKs" as bollocks but I have a feeling a fair few have been right and we never managed to close the deals but the interest and attempts were real.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The last five years have seen Özil, Alexis, Cech, Xhaka & Lacazette in.

Granted I feel Xhaka has completely flopped & a large section have no faith in Lacazette but we made big moves in the market.

Youth (say 18-20) about to explode certainly stood still though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This has probably been our biggest issue, that and there are lots of rumours that we more or less focus on one thing at a time and never have backups.

We're quick to lambaste rumours in the press and from "ITKs" as bollocks but I have a feeling a fair few have been right and we never managed to close the deals but the interest and attempts were real.
We’ve never replaced Dein. They used to say he has the phone number of every agent and representative, and when he rang they picked up straight away. He built that respect level.

Recently we’ve had people like **** Law who seem to go on a plane trips all over the world and come back empty handed. They spent 2 months trying to sign Joel Campbell ffs.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
You’ve posted a fair bit of rubbish. We don’t often sign players at the end of their careers.

Lacazette has had enough game time and hasn’t cut it. Niles is better than Kolasinac too, Wenger isn’t trying to prove any point here in regards to youth.

that Kola has been dropped is yet another mystery
I like the talent of Niles of course but Kola had such a huge impact at the start of the season.

Monreal gets frekkin games instead of him, that is a slap in the face for Kola IMO

we have loads of those mysteries for some reason
Perez now most recently, never looked bad to me and yet never really got a chance

The whole Park thing is still crazy

And we have done the stuff the TS talks about

Gallas
Benayon
Silvestre
Cygan? (can't be arsed to look up how old he was, still looked like he was dying)

BBF

Granted I feel Xhaka has completely flopped & a large section have no faith in Lacazette but we made big moves in the market.

Yeah, with only two being quality, and one that hasn't hit the ground running over a 4 year period. Top clubs sign these players in 1-2 windows, we take 4, and we're still left short.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Properly used Xhaka would be ace

still think he shows glimpses of it

but we stick with either our old 4231 or the stupid, moronic, ludicrous and ridicolous 3421

we should play a 3 men midfield

Jack, Xhaka, Ramsey
Xhaka dropping staying behind slightly
it solves so much

Özil gets to play behind two strikes he can feed

Jack/Ramsey can both go forwards more and not leave space totally open

all strikers can be pretty much paired of and it would work

Laca/Sanchez as first choice but Giroud with either isn't too shabby either not even Welbz

We have wingbacks that have the stamina and ability to cover each flank

GDeep™

League is very weak
that Kola has been dropped is yet another mystery
I like the talent of Niles of course but Kola had such a huge impact at the start of the season.

Monreal gets frekkin games instead of him, that is a slap in the face for Kola IMO

we have loads of those mysteries for some reason
Perez now most recently, never looked bad to me and yet never really got a chance

The whole Park thing is still crazy

And we have done the stuff the TS talks about

Gallas
Benayon
Silvestre
Cygan? (can't be arsed to look up how old he was, still looked like he was dying)
Gallas was quality, Benayoin came to help us out for a few months and done well, Cygan was excellent the season before we signed him.

Monreal is better in a 3 than Kolasinac. Kola lost some form and got injured, I think AMN is here to stay now.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think we're finally on track now with Mislintat and the Barca guy, **** Law was a huge problem it seems.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We buy ok.

If I'm being honest, I think every signing since Alexis has failed, or at least not lived up to the hype. That's 4 years worth of signings.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He looked like a knob too. I wonder how many deals he’s cocked up with his *****-ness.
I read somewhere that Özil/Özil's agent had stopped all contract talk and refused to deal with ****.

I think he was sacked this summer tbh.

Top Bottom