• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Consistent transfer window failings

BBF

I think we're finally on track now with Mislintat and the Barca guy, **** Law was a huge problem it seems.

Probably Steve Rowley. Not quite sure on what he did towards the end. I'm not sure I'd trust this fatty to judge football players anyway.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You know what the problem is? You have four fans and five opinions.

There seem to be few issues on which there is anywhere near unanimity. The main thing I agree with OP is that David Dein was never replaced but then that goes to the heart of the ownership of the club which, in my view, is the main problem we have. Everything else stems from that.

Lacazette is being given plenty of time, he is often subbed, but after being given an hour or 70 minutes, This is not to say he might still not make it but if this time next year we're still talking in these terms it will be loss-cutting time.

Last edited:

VancouverCanuck

Give credit where credit is due. If the reported 12mil fee we got for Coq is true, we did well in this instance.

Now use that money wisely and get a quality player.

marting

Mustafi/Gabriel has been missed from players in the last few years as well. Jury is out on mustafi still in my opinion.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Gabriel was signed based on some statistical analytics software. He didn't cost that much so I assume he was an experiment to see what results an approach like that could yield.

Mustafi was signed out desperation in my opinion. We'd just signed Holding and Wenger was happy with the CBs we already had, given how he's used Holding since he clearly has and always had a lot of faith in him. Mustafi was signed because at the moment Mert, Kos and Gabriel were all out injured and they basically caved into fan pressure. Doesn't look like Wenger was ever knee on him.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Mislintat, Sanllehi, Cagigao - The key players behind Arsenal's scouting & transfers network
With the January transfer window well underway, we take a look at who is making the calls at Arsenal
By
Charles WattsArsenal Correspondent

• 08:09, 13 JAN 2018
  • UPDATED08:10, 13 JAN 2018
* No player will arrive at Arsenal unless the Frenchman has agreed to it.

https://www.football.london/arsenal...-transfers-malcom-14088227?service=responsive

KROENKE SUCKS

Gazidis is also the boardroom link with majority shareholder Stan Kroenke, who ultimately decides whether the deal can happen.

Stan Kroenke - Majority shareholder

As above, any deal that goes through at Arsenal needs to get the green light from the club’s majority shareholder over in America.

So if Stan isn't the absent owner we've all been led to believe he is.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Gabriel was signed based on some statistical analytics software. He didn't cost that much so I assume he was an experiment to see what results an approach like that could yield.

Mustafi was signed out desperation in my opinion. We'd just signed Holding and Wenger was happy with the CBs we already had, given how he's used Holding since he clearly has and always had a lot of faith in him. Mustafi was signed because at the moment Mert, Kos and Gabriel were all out injured and they basically caved into fan pressure. Doesn't look like Wenger was ever knee on him.

And that is stupid, he is a proper player

he would look much better obviously in a better set up team
german national, 2 league experience etc etc

Latest posts

Top Bottom