• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Copa América 2020

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
BTW, Venezuela face Brazil tomorrow and they have 10 poeple out with COVID already.

Five players and five staff.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
It's on BBC in the UK FWIW.

BTW, Venezuela face Brazil tomorrow and they have 10 poeple out with COVID already.

Five players and five staff.
Are Brazil favourites? On paper I'd give Argentina the edge slightly.

El Duderino

It's on BBC in the UK FWIW. Kick-off times are not terrible but the Euros running concurrently could be a problem.

Are Brazil favourites? On paper I'd give Argentina the edge slightly.

It's either or, really. I hope we do well, as I want Tite to stay and think the players really dig him and in tournaments like the World Cup, the buy in factor is really important.

Chile's team is very meh and Uruguay usually choke.

Reactions: A_G

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Argentina look interesting, Paredes, Lo Celso and De Paul are quality midfield options, and they seem to have put to bed the striker problem that was plaguing them for years (i.e having too many).

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
It's either or, really. I hope we do well, as I think the players really dig Tite and in tournaments like the World Cup, the buy in factor is really important.
What's the first XI looking like? I saw he tried to fit Richarlison, Neymar, Firmino and Gabriel Jesus into a 4222 but it looks like an awkward shape.

The group phase should be straight forward really, Colombia would've been the main threat but no James makes a huge difference. Zapata is a nice player but the rest of their attackers flatter to deceive, you figure there's a lot of pressure on a 33 year old Cuadrado.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Games are on at an ungodly hour for me. No chance of me catching any, unless insomnia hits.

El Duderino

What's the first XI looking like? I saw he tried to fit Richarlison, Neymar, Firmino and Gabriel Jesus into a 4222 but it looks like an awkward shape.

The group phase should be straight forward really, Colombia would've been the main threat but no James makes a huge difference. Zapata is a nice player but the rest of their attackers flatter to deceive, you figure there's a lot of pressure on a 33 year old Cuadrado.

Think he'll keep Richarlison in, and he might drop both Jesus and Firmino. Left field, but Gabigol might just start.

I just don't like Neymar central. He's tinkered a lot and I've honestly not kept up.

Reactions: A_G

El Duderino

Tomorrows line up is already in:

lisson; Danilo, Militão, Marquinhos e Renan Lodi; Casemiro, Fred e Paquetá; Neymar, Richarlison e Gabriel Jesus.

Meanwhile, Venezuela has called up 15 new players, including 3 GKs, which leads us to believe that all their GKs tested positive for COVID.

CONMEBOL changed the rules so that teams with positive test can call up replacements.

I can only imagine if more of the players called up test positive from now on. What a great tournament!

El Duderino

I guess Bolsonaro wil drive his motorbike to the first Brazil game...

We spent 1.2 million BRL so he could have his bike ride rally. 100k people expected, 12k showed up.

IIRC, close to half the police force for São Paulo was mobilized for this.

Fun times!

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Must be hard for Bolsonaro to be beaten by that Argentinian lad for quote of the week.

Mexicans came from the Indians, Brazilians from the jungle...

Must have worked on that one. Embarrassing.

Last edited:

El Duderino

Must be hard for Bolsonaro to be beaten by that Argentinian lad for quote of the week.

Mexicans came from the Indians, Brazilians from the jungle...

Must have worked on that one. Embarrassing.

Bolsonaro asked his 4th Health Ministre during a pandemic to end the mask mandate. This came a day after said Ministre said that he thinks masks work and hydroxycloroquin doesn't during his second testemony in our parlimentary inquisition into the federal government's COVID responde.

This is what is called "fritar" or to fry, in political parlance it means close to hang out to dry.

The worst thing about the Argentinean president's quote is that he attributed it to a Nobel prize winner, but it is actually from an Argentinean rock singer. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
are fans going to be allowed? without fans copa america won't feel the same.

El Duderino

Game about to start, the real competition (to see how gets the most positive COVID tests) starts now!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom