• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Could we afford to pay out £25m

r_blair2

Rooney looks to be going to one of our Premiership Rivals. Do you think arsenal cound afford to buy Rooney? With him, Henry and Reyes I could see us being the worlds most dominant team.

I would love to see him at the Champions. Hopefully we make a bid. Im sure he would re-pay us :D

kel varnsen

Established Member
r_blair2 said:
Rooney looks to be going to one of our Premiership Rivals. Do you think arsenal cound afford to buy Rooney? With him, Henry and Reyes I could see us being the worlds most dominant team.

I would love to see him at the Champions. Hopefully we make a bid. Im sure he would re-pay us :D

i think arsenal may have 20-25 mill available, but i doubt they would spend it all on one player. nevertheless, i would love to see rooney play for arsenal!

A

Anonymous

i think im like the only person on the planet at this moment in time that hes going to do a micheal owen and flop at the age of 23-24 lol i wouldnt like him at arsenal end of story on my behalf :D

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think the boy is bordering being overweight. one kebab too many could push him over the edge. definately not worth 25 million IMO.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
AFC FOR LIFE said:
He is not worth that , got more bookings than goals last season :!:

My thoughts exactly. 4 goals againt two mediocre teams is still nothing to write home about. Let him prove me wrong. He can start by scoring more goals than receiving cards

r_blair2

Still a very talented player. Wenger would mature him to be worldclass. Also the Arsenal Medical Staff would sort him out to be a powerhouse :D like Kolo and Campbell

arsenal4life

Very much overrated
all English players are overrated

25M is a hell of money

we beter get Tevas if we really want a striker and he's MUCH better than Rooney and much less in money

tbbosa

patrick42uk said:
i think the boy is bordering being overweight. one kebab too many could push him over the edge. definately not worth 25 million IMO.

LOL!. He might bring his slatty ways to Highbury. Not interested really. He might take either the Owen route if not the Gaza route.

kanuuu

Established Member
He's not overrated, well he is, but he's a ****ing good palyer, at a team like the Mancs he will turn into one of the worlds top strikers, he looked lively even against france in the Euro's and he has troubled us a few times.

Guns and Arses

I think Rooney is overrated, I really do. By receiving so much attention at such a young age, and by getting rated too highly, he will probably end up indulging himself with wealth and the celebrity lifestyle. He's like a spoiled kid now. All that pay-rise and visits to hookers, that's very un-Arsenal. IMO Defoe is the best young English striker at the moment, not Rooney. Rooney isn't Arsenal material and I highly doubt that he's world-class material. I can see him making headlines for all the wrong reasons. Arsenal do not need him, not at all.

arsenal4life

kanuuu said:
He's not overrated, well he is, but he's a f****g good palyer, at a team like the Mancs he will turn into one of the worlds top strikers, he looked lively even against france in the Euro's and he has troubled us a few times.

only one question

Him or Tevas ?

CloudWalker

I would love to have Rooney at Arsenal, but we have a good squad and the best striker in the world: Henry - so we don't need him unless we are going to sell somebody off.

A

Anonymous

kanuuu said:
he looked lively even against france in the Euro's

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool sorry but could u please tell me who didnt look lively against france in the euros? france played crap end of story lol.. rooney does have all the attributes to be a world class player.. but i dont think he will be

johe

I think Rooney was a one tournament wonder. He's quite talented, but is he really more talented than someone like Defoe or Downing? He's untraditional and unpredictable, and those are big strengths if you can couple it with lots of skill like Thierry does. I think however that the English hype syndrome will kick in on him eventually and will never fulfill his much hyped potential. He has one advantage over someone like Owen however, he is much more robust and not as prone to injuries I suppose.

In my opinion it is glaringly obvious that Rooney is going to go the Gazza way, and not even necessarily be as successful.

A.Hussain

we dont need another striker. with bergy's form, and bentley returning next season, we are gonna be spoilt for choice upfront.

Canuck

Established Member
I'd have to agree with that. No need for strikers with our selection of attacking choices up front and in midfield. It should be defenders that we are appraising and Wenger is doing just that...

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom