• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Could we afford to pay out £25m

KingReyes

Established Member
Wenger cool on Rooney

In this Article Wenger talks about the impact Rooney could have on the title challenge if he joins Manure.

He also goes on to say...

"I rate Rooney. The talent is there for him to be a great player and, as he's 18 years old, his price looks quite normal for a striker," he added.

"But we have what we need because we have (Jose) Reyes, Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry and Robin van Persie. So on that side of the game, I'm not looking for somebody."

And comparing his to Reyes..

One is 20 million euros (just under £14million) and the other is £25million. There is no comparison there.

"Jose can play left, right or central. I didn't look at whether it was better to buy Rooney or Reyes. I looked at what we were missing and I didn't think Rooney was available at that stage."

Mark

Established Member
Making a bid, to pressure the Mancs into raising their bid might be an idea, but although I do rate Rooney, I don't think we need him.

omega man

wouldn't want him at arsenal. Too much baggage with
him already. No doubt he has great potential but as usual
the media has hyped him up so much that i think he faces
too much pressure at such a young age.

A

Anonymous

Scottish Lass said:
i think im like the only person on the planet at this moment in time that hes going to do a micheal owen and flop at the age of 23-24 lol i wouldnt like him at arsenal end of story on my behalf :D

no your not
i think he is grossly overrated by the english media and he'll probably flop earlier, around 21
too many prostitute visits

A

Anonymous

Scottish Lass said:
i think im like the only person on the planet at this moment in time that hes going to do a micheal owen and flop at the age of 23-24 lol i wouldnt like him at arsenal end of story on my behalf :D

no your not
i think he is grossly overrated by the english media and he'll probably flop earlier, there so many other players better than him who go unnoticed i honestly think defoe would be a better player than him

AFCG7

Established Member
We wont spend 25 million on any player..unless he is that good and needed badly.
We dont need Rooney
He isnt worth 25 million.
So we wont buy him.

Lord Dula

Established Member
I've never posted after Dula has had his liquor, but I've decided to now. So read up good you lot.

Rooney is a very talented youngster - that's not in question. Even Wenger has stated his admiration on numerous occasions in the past.

The question is - does he suit our style of play? Don't ask me! I'm a trainee accountant not a premiership manager on xk a week ie I'm in same boat as yous lot.

N' for those of yous who say he's heading the same way as Owen n Gazza, how can you verify your assumption? Cos he's young n English? That's a bowl of guff if ever I've heard it (PS I know she's a tad diff, but aint Uma Thurman in Kill William 2 kinda hot?)

Chances are, Roonash will succeed in most teams, n as pleasing on the eye as you are Scottish lady, you cannot write this pork chop lad off just yet. That aint fair.

P.S. Don't you just love looking forward to seeing Reyes play next? More so than Henry n Pires in my case!

Canuck

Established Member
No denying Rooney has skills...but it's the consistency that he needs to work on. I don't think he's going the Gazza way, but he's not the greatest thing since sliced bread...I kind of expect he'll end up at ManU. But wouldn't it be awesome if he went to Newcastle and we could call him Roon the Toon?

LeTallec

Scottish Lass said:
what a stupid comment.. Michael Owen scored 1 in 2 games on average has Ballon D'OR which not many British players have won.. Its a disgrace that fans think that Owen is a bad player.. watch out as he goes on and win everything in sign with Real Madrid

ethanen

LeTallec said:
Scottish Lass said:
what a stupid comment.. Michael Owen scored 1 in 2 games on average has Ballon D'OR which not many British players have won.. Its a disgrace that fans think that Owen is a bad player.. watch out as he goes on and win everything in sign with Real Madrid
as a bench player :?

LeTallec

ethanen said:
LeTallec said:
Scottish Lass said:
You probably know that Owen is Ronaldos replacement who will be sold end of this season

Canuck

Established Member
I'll believe that when Tubby is packing his bags and catching his flight out of madrid...

ethanen

LeTallec said:
ethanen said:
LeTallec said:
Scottish Lass said:
You probably know that Owen is Ronaldos replacement who will be sold end of this season
no I don't and I don't really care...
so good luck to him... hope he'll find something to do until ronaldo is sold.

Top Bottom