• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Could we afford to pay out £25m

quattro

he's good, probably going to get better but we quite simply dont need him. 25M is a lot of money, surely if we could spend such an amount we would have a dozen better things to spend it on.

A

Anonymous

Rooney looks to be going to one of our Premiership Rivals. Do you think arsenal cound afford to buy Rooney? With him, Henry and Reyes I could see us being the worlds most dominant team.

I would love to see him at the Champions. Hopefully we make a bid. Im sure he would re-pay us
****ing stupid if you ask me. Why on earth would we want to spent 25 million on a totally unproven player to come and sit on the bench? Yes if we had him we'd have a great squad but why would we spend that much. 1. hes not worth it, 2. who pays 25 million for someone who couldnt start for us. Think about it properly. In a squad you need to top class strikers to start, an experienced player and then a solid player to back up along with a young'un. We have the 2 class strikers, the experienced one and the young ones, just need that solid back up, should of kept kanu. No way do you want 3 top strikers because one has to miss out, hence it is a HUGE waste of money and will cause fewds between players/management.

A

Anonymous

LOL!. He might bring his slatty ways to Highbury. Not interested really. He might take either the Owen route if not the Gaza route.
Which gazza route are you talking about? If you mean it in the way i think you do i think you are slagging gazza off are you not? Gazza was one of the greatest players ever to play football, hes one of the most exciting certainly. Rooney doesnt even compare, even when he became an alcoholic and fatter than usual gazza would still rip rooney.
How often have we all seen rooney? Not that much if you think about it, hes either been a bench warmer or injured at everton. He really needs a good string of games as starter before we can judge whether he is overated or not. He has undoubted class, but then he could go the owen route, which, although he keeps scoring, hes not the legend everyone was hoping he would be.
Lets hope for englands sake that rooney keeps going up as opposed to owen who peaked at 19.

Canuck

Established Member
True, Rooney still has a lot to prove, and the time to do it...
Anyone think that Owen will experience a resurgence in Madrid? Or will he learn a couple of new tricks, and then be back at some mid-table team in the EPL inside 2 years?

Aussie

Established Member
juz7_pi12es said:
remember, the prostitute said he's ugly
(respond to this if you want me to copy&paste the story)

Please do. I wont be able to sleep tonight if i dont find out :lol:

JazzG

Established Member
77 games, 17 goals, 19 yellow cards and 1 red card.

Isn't he gonna cost £28mill? What a bargain ;)

tox

rooney is a great player and is only 18. Probably overpriced at the moment after the usual english player hype. To say he is **** is pretty stupid. I would have him at arsenal if he cost less.

n_henry

I would rather Tevez..what's he worth at the moment? :D

But that said, Tevez will need some time to adapt to English football (and South Americans are often not well suited to the English game), whereas Rooney would need next to no time to fit into the team compared to what Tevez would probably need...

But Tevez is the better player, IMHO. Rooney is definitely not worth 25mil.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom