• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Could we afford to pay out £25m

EJub

I can't think of one player in the world who is both;
a) worth 25mil
b) doesn't already play for Arsenal

orion

I think he'll end up costing more like 30 million. United will be desperate to get him and he should turn out to be sensational for them for a year or two. But there's a bit of Gazza in him and we could see his form drop in a few years and even if we could afford him I doubt Wenger would be interested. We rather sign players like Reyes who have their priority's right and will continue to progress and shine for thier whole career.

Ossi

orion said:
I think he'll end up costing more like 30 million. United will be desperate to get him and he should turn out to be sensational for them for a year or two. But there's a bit of Gazza in him and we could see his form drop in a few years and even if we could afford him I doubt Wenger would be interested. We rather sign players like Reyes who have their priority's right and will continue to progress and shine for thier whole career.

Couldnt agree more...

Although after a) summer of "Vieira to madrid" and b) Reyes playing like the way he is i cant help but doing maths: 1+2 and having (already in August :roll: ) unpleasants thoughts ...

Ossi

AdamT

rooney is not that great, its just that there are so few good english strikers, that the ones who are "ok" get lionised and hyped up. defoe is better than him by a ways.

EJub said:
I can't think of one player in the world who is both;
a) worth 25mil
b) doesn't already play for Arsenal

Gerrard, Adriano, Tevez, Totti, Kaka
you might disagree though.....but i really rate those players

Only one of em plays in the EPL so thats good

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Rooney isn't WORTH 25 million whereas Ronaldhinio clearly is.

Rooney MAY be worth 25 million or Manure may end up, asuming they sign him, wiping a great deal of egg from their visage.

That said if we had sold Viera, I suspect we would be in the running here, we wouldn't be talking abouit Angulo & Trblesi would already have been signed.

Personally I prefer the Reyes/Fabregas route.

gunner13

Rooney? What did he do? Ok, he scored that couple of goals for England and what else? I don't want him to be in an Arsenal shirt! And 25 Mil? Does he worth that much??

Latest posts

Top Bottom