• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Could we afford to pay out £25m

zerofeel

Nah i beg to disagree on this one... Rooney will go on to become a world class player and with the manures,he will become more powerful than he is at the tender age of 18... this pudgy kid doesnt let the big occasions fear him nor does he let those world class centrebacks get him nervous... gotta agree with Wenger when he said the signing of ROONEY will be the turning point for MANURES EPL challenge ...Wenger rates this kid very highly ..would have jump at the chance of buying him but at that staggering price of 25million???Only british players can command such high price for a kid tat age... it makes for an interesting season right now as three teams going hammers and tongs at one another ...what a season to look out for.Just hope Rooney will burn out and fade away by the time hes 24...while Reyes just gets better.... ;D

jollyak

r_blair2 said:
Rooney looks to be going to one of our Premiership Rivals. Do you think arsenal cound afford to buy Rooney? With him, Henry and Reyes I could see us being the worlds most dominant team.

I would love to see him at the Champions. Hopefully we make a bid. Im sure he would re-pay us :D
without him we still are one of the most dominant team in the world

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
zerofeel said:
Nah i beg to disagree on this one... Rooney will go on to become a world class player and with the manures,he will become more powerful than he is at the tender age of 18... this pudgy kid doesnt let the big occasions fear him nor does he let those world class centrebacks get him nervous... gotta agree with Wenger when he said the signing of ROONEY will be the turning point for MANURES EPL challenge ...Wenger rates this kid very highly ..would have jump at the chance of buying him but at that staggering price of 25million???Only british players can command such high price for a kid tat age... it makes for an interesting season right now as three teams going hammers and tongs at one another ...what a season to look out for.Just hope Rooney will burn out and fade away by the time hes 24...while Reyes just gets better.... ;D
Let us pray for that day.

Arnie

arsenal4life said:
Very much overrated
all English players are overrated

25M is a hell of money

we beter get Tevas if we really want a striker and he's MUCH better than Rooney and much less in money

That's funny, i think english players are underrated!!
for instance sol campbell and ashley cole are not regarded among the worlds best because their names don't sound mainland european!!

People like trezeguet and wiltord score one decent goal and suddenely they are the best things since slice bread!!

burnsjed

Established Member
I do think that Rooney's price was about right, he is still a tennager and has the prospect of having a wonderful career, that alone tends to hike up a players valuation.
But we certainly do not need him, and I am not totally sure Man U do either.
They have now bought 3 first teams strikers since January, and also have horse face to boot.
Who the bloody hell are they going to play.
I think Smith is a great player for them adds another dimension, and as he has shown against us in the Charity Shield & the goal he scored I believe against Norwich.
To me Man U bought him as they were panicking.
1) They have had a bad start to the season
2) Horse face is out
3) He as a big name player, and they didn't want to let anyone else get him.
Who here believes they would have bought both Smith & Rooney, if Rooney had been available earlier, I feel sorry for Smith.

Canuck

Established Member
Fergie has already publicly said that if NewU hadn't made a move, they prob wouldn't have bought him.
I'm starting to think that old Fergie's going to try and mold Rooney into a midfielder to take over for Keano! May work, may not. Both Ferg and Wayne are pigheaded and stubborn.

quattro

I'm starting to think that old Fergie's going to try and mold Rooney into a midfielder to take over for Keano!
well that would be nice. waste the kid's striker potential. the england team would just love it. :D

kanuuu

Established Member
He will become a star at united, hopefully however good they will be, we will be better.

jeromelee

kanuuu said:
He will become a star at united, hopefully however good they will be, we will be better.

Miller or Rooney? If it's rooney, it's likely he will be a star there. As for miller, I haven't seen anything to impress me yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom