• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Could we get better?

Do you think this Arsenal team could get any better?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gooner#1

Now , I know loads of people will say yes-in Defence- but If we had campbell back I think it would be a different situation.I think apart from that I dont think we could get any better.Any other ideas?
(If you Mods think this is a stupid thread , go-ahead and lock it)

tbbosa

If Pennant/Freddie and Luaren can improve to their best at the right side, YES.
If Sol comes back fit and firing , Yes!.
If Edu plays more like last season yes.!
And the Henry-Reyes partnesrhip is still improving...YES!!

gooner#1

tbbosa said:
If Pennant/Freddie and Luaren can improve to their best at the right side, YES.
If Sol comes back fit and firing , Yes!.
If Edu plays more like last season yes.!
And the Henry-Reyes partnesrhip is still improving...YES!!
well, i kind of meant the same thing ...

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I actually believe we can improve on last season. We can cut out some of the silly draws we had and capitolise on our chances more often so that cases like last season are not as frequent an occurence.

AFCG7

Established Member
*Loyan* said:
I actually believe we can improve on last season. We can cut out some of the silly draws we had and capitolise on our chances more often so that cases like last season are not as frequent an occurence.

Why dont we cut out all the silly draws and win every game hehe

Everyone can dream 8)

Mark

Established Member
Obvious answer is Yes. There are always things you can improve on. The obvious thing is we need to improve in Europe. Hopefully this year we will and we will also retain the league which would be an improvement as we have not done it.

More specifically we could improve our defensive backup, and perhaps work on making our right hand side as brilliant as our left. I think this team can and will still improve.

weelip

Certainly....like we can pass better, run faster, defend better...etc even if those qualities are great already. There are always barriers to break, limits to stretch.

A.M.A.G.

We've recently done the improbable... going unbeaten for an entire season... but within that season there were imperfections... games were drawn... so we can improve
1st. we can win the league with a 100% record
Then we can win the league with a 100% record without conceding any goals
Then we can win the league with a 100% record without conceding any goals, and winning every game by a minimum of 2 goals

all of these goals are improbable... but not impossible... meaning there is room to get better

Canuck

Established Member
There is always room for improvement. Our attack seems to be nearly perfect right now, our midfield has had some new additions lately, and as we all know in the forum our defence is good but could be great> So I would think that our goals against could probably be improved through better defensive play in midfield, and as the defense gains experience and a working relationship that gets stronger all the time. See, we are improving all the time. :mrgreen:

Then there's the Champions League, we all crave success in Europe!

slapz

We could improve attacking from set pieces and corners.... we dont seem to get too many players willing and able to get to the ball first and direct it on target.

The other thing is we could improve the spreading out of the goals as they come from the front two and the wingers.. centre mid have to chip in with quite a bit and with Patrick coming back into the team, he has to learn to shoot when he has space 30 yards out

The Mini

Last season we werent consistently in charge. Its not our defence that needs improving (as in major improvement, our defence needs some oorganisation). We need a consistent partnership in the CM positions, I know I said a few weeks ago that we can just rotate Gilberto, Edu and Cesc according to our needs, but I'm wrong :shock: . Our best bet is with Vieira and Gilberto, who have played most together, but Cesc is good for the long term and Edu is a very good sub to be used to bring an slight attacking edge to the middle. Lehmann, is a brilliant keeper, but not consistent. I'd much rather have a very good consistent keeper than a world class keeper who is inconsistent.

If we tweak a bit, possibly one change, not desperate though is Lehmann.

efurze

Obviously our defense needs more depth. RM is a relative weak spot - though if Bob or Reyes play there it's not an issue. Cesc notwithstanding, we could use more creativity (and goals) from CM. And for some reason that I don't understand our set-piece defense continues to be pretty shabby - I always find myself holding my breath during corners. Other than that I think the team is pretty fair...

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
AFCG7 said:
*Loyan* said:

Why dont we cut out all the silly draws and win every game hehe

Everyone can dream 8)
Why not?

tcs

i agree the AW that we need to improve again our instinct killer...its all about getting things done in more efficient way.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom