• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

countdown to transfer window closure

shaz

moderators to close this if you think its unnecessary

anyways, with 5 days left to go till the window closes (i think), who do you think Arsène would get, and who would you like to have (being realistic of course).

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
AW is likely to get Trabelsi or Oddo. For me I would do the same or get another CB as we seem to be completely full in terms of squad places and quality i positions. I just think we need another defender be it a CB or a RB.

Mark

Established Member
It is most likely to be Trabelsi or Oddo. It could of course be some total surprise, someone we have never heard of perhaps. The next Toure hopefully.

eddiej321

Right now I am more focused on the other teams dealings. We are close to set, if not set. Rooney is worrying me though. Hopefully Newcastle will snatch him instead of Man U. Anyways Trabelsi would be a nice finishing touch. I dont want Arsène to bring in anybody who might upset the chemistry though, because it is outstanding right now.

shaz

so whats this talk of a saviola loan deal i have been hearing about?

Mark

Established Member
I thought it would be cool if we could get Saviola on loan, but it won't happen. The reason he is going out on loan is to get first team football which he can't be guaranteed here.

jeromelee

Think it's gonna be Trabelsi. It's very seldom that our dear old manager would hint that he's still trying to bring him in. Usually he just lies :D

jacc_7_1

could be oddo..
but he seems determined to remain in italy to join juve..
lets see if Arsène can change his mind

A

Anonymous

I cant see the point in signing Trabelsi.

Lauren is our first choice right back, and is not going to be dropped. But Trabelsi is not going to want to sit on the bench.

Wenger said we need more experience at right back. But last season he brought in Clichy for cover for Cole who had hardly any experience. Wenger must not rate Hoyte as good enough if he signs Trabelsi, because Hoyte is in the same position Clichy was when he joined.

Split

Trabelsi.

From the little I've seen of both Hoyte and Trabelsi.

It appears Trabelsi has more flair going forward and would help bolster the right side of our attack as well?

Hoyte seems to be being groomed to cover CB aswell as or instead of RB.

I still feel we need cover for CB as I'm not convinced by Cygan and I've never seen Senderos. But i'll trust Arsène.

JazzG

Established Member
I still think we need to bring in another defender or two. Trabelsi would be a good signing but a RB should not be a priority right now, a CB should be

Adam

Established Member
We have 4 (5 if Hoyte plays there) CB's, 3 LB's, and 2 RB's.

The only players in those numbers that could be replaced are: Cygan, Senderos, Garry and Hoyte.

Trabelsi would give us 3 RB's, allowing a potentially good CB in Hoyte to cover at CB.

cappy

eddiej321 said:
Right now I am more focused on the other teams dealings. We are close to set, if not set. Rooney is worrying me though. Hopefully Newcastle will snatch him instead of Man U. Anyways Trabelsi would be a nice finishing touch. I dont want Arsène to bring in anybody who might upset the chemistry though, because it is outstanding right now.

Was disucssing the Rooney to ManU thing last night with an East Stander and he made a very good point.

ManU have got a lot of money but they are NOT Cheslea. They have limits. ManU really need cover for their defence positions and they need quality in the midfield as well as adding depth to their squad. If they spend £25m on Rooney, They won't be able to buy anything more than say one superb player between now and this time next year. They may get the odd cheap player who turns out well but they will not be able to improve their squad to be able to chalenge us for the League.

They will have a great strikeforce but still, ours is as good and we have a fantastic midfield and defence, whereas theirs is laughable at times.

As the forementioned gooner East Stander said to me last night "Their [Man U's] problem is that their extremely talented young side has grown old and they can't afford to replace it all at once". It's true.

I for one hhope they buy Rooney and hope that RvN plays OK so they don't cash in on him.

Then their spending for the next 12 months is limited and they'll fall further behind us and Chelski.

The only reason they'll buy Rooney is because they can't afford not to. There's no way they can let Chelsea buy him. And once they do, their wallets are empty for a while.

Here's hoping anyway.

johe

I think we could do with a utility man at the back who can play both center back and right back.

And let Man Utd and Chelsea try to get Rooney. If he goes to Man Utd, they will be stronger up front, but they need a defender. If he goes to Chelsea.. well that's his career out the window right there in my opinion. Will the likes of Mutu and Kezman accept having an 18 year old kid in front of them in the pecking order? I doubt it.

Knowing Wenger, he will probably find some super guy from China PR who can play every position on the pitch and is willing to sit on the bench the whole year, only to make Vieira, Sol and Henry rotate with him for their positions. ;)

kutz

johe said:
Knowing Wenger, he will probably find some super guy from China PR who can play every position on the pitch and is willing to sit on the bench the whole year, only to make Vieira, Sol and Henry rotate with him for their positions. ;)

hehehe....

Latest posts

Top Bottom