• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cozier-Dubery: It’s A Me, Amario

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

A shame. But this will happen if the manager refuse to use youngsters. This is as far from the Wenger years that you can come.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵

Player:White
I think making sure the kids go out on the right loans to the right clubs at the right time is worth in excess of £15-20 million per year to the club.

Didn’t we just make the club hairdresser the new head of loans or sth?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:
Not really bothered as I never watched him but reading it seems he is highly rated. Good luck to you son

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Looking forward to people who never followed the academy telling us he’s crap anyway
Also looking forward to other people telling us he is the best academy talent since Wilshere & sh!tting on us for not playing him😁.
I think going out early in the cups limited his chances.
Tbf I understand he wants to play and it's a shame we can't renew & send him on loan. His choice though & I understand it.
😁
Kids need a top trim so they look the part on loan tbf

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I think making sure the kids go out on the right loans to the right clubs at the right time is worth in excess of £15-20 million per year to the club.

Apparently the model is to not loan out your star youngsters so they learn internally but that only works if you make them feel like they are going somewhere with the club. Like there's a chance Nwaneri never goes on loan

He looks decent, maybe even good. But unless he’s the level of a Nico Williams, or very close to it, I don’t think him staying is worth it to either party.

If he stays and fights for his place, this time next season he’ll be getting as many minutes as Eddie and Reiss are getting right now, and they’re considered relatively “established”.

Like someone said quite a few posts above, we are now at a level where the gap between our Academy players and our Starting 11 is no longer close it’s cavernous. We’re becoming a big boy side again. We need big boys not hopefuls. Nwaneri and Co. seem like potential big boys. They don’t look and play like hopefuls.

This is correct. It's not 5 years ago and we were finishing 8th. Also naive to think money doesn't play a big factor. His agents have an idea what offers he will get. Much more than what Arsenal will pay him.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I fear for @MutableEarth the day Max leaves in 2 years after seeing Chido leave I think he will give up on the academy with the Spanish moyes in charge

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵

Player:White
Apparently the model is to not loan out your star youngsters so they learn internally but that only works if you make them feel like they are going somewhere with the club. Like there's a chance Nwaneri never goes on loan

I agree with the model for Nwanweri level talents but for the ACDs of this world we needed to send them out on good loans and put them in the shop window and make bank.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
That's probably fair enough if very top level but most players benefit from a loan.
Question is can you give Cozzy D that assurance. He knows Saka is ahead of him & Nelson tbf.

Perhaps we should have loaned him last season but if he wouldn't sign a renewal why would you?

Badger_Revenge

I had a hard time seeing how he would get into the first team. But I think a loan would be better.

I do really hope the club keeps Chido Obi though. It's a risk banking on a striker this early, but the upside is worth the risk.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Not that fussed tbh. Good player, was never going to make it here - a sort of poundland Saka. Slower, smaller, not as strong, not as good decision making. A shame we didnt get him a good loan and profit accordingly, but ultimately, its hard to loan out players who aren't extending their contracts.

Much more disappointed by Walters' departure, but he had mentally been in the exit lounge for some time.

Rattata

The problem is not academy players leaving it's academy players leaving for free. We need to loan way more players and sign them under longer contracts.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I mean are O.Hutchinson or X. Amaechi at 23 yrs old pulling up trees? Or Nelson and Nketiah? It takes a big talent to compete with Saka.

We will be lucky if Nwaneri can find minutes and look good for us. The problem for him is Ødegaard and Saka. Maybe he can play LCM but he's diminutive unlike a guy like Zaire-Emery who has core strength.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, July 24

Inter have reached an agreement with Jakub Kiwior [Gazzetta Dello Sport]

Real Sociedad midfielder Mikel Merino is keen on joining Arsenal this summer [diariovasco]

Leicester City have opened talks to sign Reiss Nelson on loan with an obligation to buy [Fabrizio Romano]

Total agreement reached for Calafiori, only the medical remains [David Ornstein]

Arsenal have made an enquiry for Juventus winger Federico Chiesa [SportItalia]

Latest posts

Top Bottom