• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cris

bobo69

no... but you try and get a world class centre back for peanuts old chap and good luck!

games are won and lost (all too easily in our case) from the back not the front.

you think we have problems in the premiership there???? wait until you see us up against real opposition in the Champions.

its not the place where you make speculative buys... and if it is why do the major teams that win consistently at the highest level NEVER do so? they buy the finished article that guarantees stability... You can have 50 shots on goal, 95% possession. counts for nothing... the other team with a decent pass or even more basic route 1 ball over the top will erase any gain you make in 1 second with 1 shot IF you pay peanuts and yes get monkeys.

i love my club and iam a realist but if you think any of our back four (apart from Cashley) is world class you need yr head examined or may i suggest watching a little more football outside of the UK.

so how much is Cris or Ferdinand worth again??? you tell me.

end of story.

:roll:

Tony Montana

Established Member
bobo69 said:
hes worth what the market will pay...

thats why the usual suspects pay top dollar and usually win all the major competitions... thats why simple balls aimed at no one in particular have had a habit of ending up in the back of our net.

what part of this dont you understand???

you really think the likes of Juve are a bunch of mugs that over pay????

its probably the best run club in italy. they do what is necessary, if it means paying up on a goal keeper, defender, MF or CF they will.

something that we still havent figured out yet and probably never will. never heard of 'pay peanuts get monkeys'?

Excellent post.

Luciano Moggi, a club director or something like that, is successful with transfers and Juve in general because he sells what he doesn't need and brings what he does need and this kind of effiency is why Juve have won 28/29 titles.

Mostarac

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Luciano Moggi, a club director or something like that, is successful with transfers and Juve in general because he sells what he doesn't need and brings what he does need and this kind of effiency is why Juve have won 28/29 titles.

Moggi is a mug/crook, his son owns one of the biggest agent-companies in Italy, this gives Juventus a big advantage when they decide to buy a domestic player. Udinese`s Iaquinta is contracted to Moggi`s son, and some people say that his son orchestrated Iaquinta`s contract-problems with Udinese when Juventus were playing them in September/October(Udinese were in top-form back then) which led to Iaquinta being suspended by Udinese and missing that match. It is speculation, but it makes you wonder about certain things related to Juventus.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Tony Montana said:

Moggi is a mug/crook, his son owns one of the biggest agent-companies in Italy, this gives Juventus a big advantage when they decide to buy a domestic player. Udinese`s Iaquinta is contracted to Moggi`s son, and some people say that his son orchestrated Iaquinta`s contract-problems with Udinese when Juventus were playing them in September/October(Udinese were in top-form back then) which led to Iaquinta being suspended by Udinese and missing that match. It is speculation, but it makes you wonder about certain things related to Juventus.

True Mostarac, Juve are a bit dodgy in terms of money and competiton in Serie A. That is why I feel that the Premiership is superior to Serie A because smaller teams have greater chances against the bigger teams. We don't have any club that has come close to winning 28/29 titles, that's almost ridiculous after only 100 years of proper professional football in the biggest leagues.

pg1989

Cris is a Brazilian international and one of the best defenders on the planet. He is pure quality and is also experienced.

bobo69

All of the major italian clubs are bankrolled buy someone... FFS Milan are rolled by the italian Prime Minister (Premiere) who also owns the Media (Mediaset) and has interests in most Italian institutions .... So what???

Juve are one of the very few well managed clubs here in Italy. I dont partularly like them but i respect their work considering how much cash the others have and the ways in which they spend it. Its a tight ship for an Italian club which is saying something.

All I know is ... We need world class CBs and if we want them we will have to pay for them.... Just like everyone else in the market. We are supposed to be competing with the top teams on the pitch in Europe, to do so we have to compete financially and that means paying up (because they certainly will)... Its a simple as that.

The cheapo option is always avaliable... I just think if we take it again and we have the same sort of season next year heads will roll including AWs.

bobo69

Mostarac said:
Tony Montana said:

Mostarac you just put all things italiane' in a nutshell!

:) :D

Mostarac

Established Member
bobo69 said:
Mostarac you just put all things italiane' in a nutshell!
:) :D

Haha, the things work that way in Balkan aswell, so I am familiar with that system, haha.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom