• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cristian Pavon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The "doom mongers" tend to be (but are not exclusively) the biggest Wenger lovers over the past few years.

I think maybe a little bit of denial/resistance to change is going on more than anything else.
Its just unbearable tbh everyone is entitled to an opinon but every player we are linked with really??

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

Had a pretty bad game against Haiti, looks very raw..

He has Messi's approval though so maybe he's impressive in training..

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The "doom mongers" tend to be (but are not exclusively) the biggest Wenger lovers over the past few years.

I think maybe a little bit of denial/resistance to change is going on more than anything else.
Odd one as we have been linked to this kid since 2016.

Stannis

Thing is with gelson he runs into alot of blind alleys and loses the ball or it goes dead. Just from what i have seen imo.

Yep, that’s why I think Pavon may be more suited. Better with his link up and decision making (though finishing needs work). That and he does pretty well defensively which Emery would also love

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I would have loved Higuain here (even if he's one of the biggest bottlers around), especially at the time we were linked to him..
Me too. He's more of a bottler for country than club anyway. :lol: And of the 3 Real Madrid players we were linked to that summer you could argue that we got the most talented but least needed in Özil given that we already had Cazorla.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Yep, that’s why I think Pavon may be more suited. Better with his link up and decision making (though finishing needs work). That and he does pretty well defensively which Emery would also love
We wanted him in jan i think gelson is our back up

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

To my eye Pavon is lacking in pure pace and explosiveness, especially when considering the level of competition. He's kind of like Sanchez at 85%.

Not saying he's slow, more like just average for the EPL. Gelson certainly looks much quicker to my eye. Pavon is more skillful.
No idea about Pavon but Gelson is definitely part of this new breed of lightning quick forwards. Gelson is scary fast, up there with Mbappe, Salah, Mane, Sane, Sterling etc. Thing is he’s lightning with the ball too whereas some of the names I’ve listed aren’t.

Remember thinking Walcott was the ultimate pace merchant, I could probably list 5+ players I feel are quicker than he was these days. Bunch of test tube babies this new generation.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Has there ever been a quicker player than Walcott when he had that run against Liverpool in CL for Adebayor goal?
I don’t know...we need a footballers olympics.

I’ve watched that Walcott run but I genuinely feel like Salah, Sane and Mane and Gelson are all faster than he was. I also think that Mbappe, Coman and Dembélé are around his level but I haven’t watched them in a while and my memory might be playing tricks on me.

There just seem to be so many insanely fast players now where before it was just Theo then the rest.

Goonerfan

I’ve watched that Walcott run but I genuinely feel like Salah, Sane and Mane and Gelson are all faster than he was. I also think that Mbappe, Coman and Dembélé are around his level but I haven’t watched them in a while and my memory might be playing tricks on me.

There just seem to be so many insanely fast players now where before it was just Theo then the rest.

Walcott was definitely as fast as Salah and faster than Mbappe, Coman and Dembele. Think your view is clouded by Walcott's later years here, he lost a lot of speed the latter half of his stay here

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Has there ever been a quicker player than Walcott when he had that run against Liverpool in CL for Adebayor goal?

What has happened to him after ? :(

I mean, I think he was doing alright here and he was one of the more loyal players or at least one felt like he really wanted to be here and felt connected, but he had such high promise and the outcome just does not add up to it.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus

Credit where credit is due, Walcott in his prime was quicker than all of the mentioned players. Will always remember this goal against Shakhtar in the UCL, what a run and cool finish.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

What has happened to him after ? :(

I mean, I think he was doing alright here and he was one of the more loyal players or at least one felt like he really wanted to be here and felt connected, but he had such high promise and the outcome just does not add up to it.
I feel like he just didn't have enough technical ability to go with his lightning pace, was always going to be difficult for him at a top side.

Some will blame Wenger and I do think he could have done better with Theo but there's only so much technique you can learn. Pace and finishing wasn't enough, he needed one other attribute.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Mane for me is the quickest in the league right now, Salah is more high profile but I've seen Mane do some things I couldn't believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom