• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Arsenal | Friday 5th August 2022 | KO: 20:00 BST | SKY SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Premier League is backkkkkk šŸ”„

61e97b91721b490498cd72a339fd511f

We get the ball rolling under the lights with the world to see but I see us going here and getting the result if Iā€™m being honest.

Pre Season Form:

0AA67FE2-4253-4580-873A-586C9DA1FF32.jpeg

72C5E358-C4EA-4A68-97DD-CEA0B03190F5.jpeg

Stick to the same as lineup as above with Fabio Vieira hopefully getting some minutes and Tomiyasu on the bench.

Going for Palace 1-3 Arsenal

šŸ”“āšŖ

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
First half we outplayed them, second half we just refused to be out battled...really happy with this game, confused why other people are not.

Reminded me of our win away to Villa in 2007/2008...first half they couldn't get a kick, played some of the best football I have seen...second half was all them, but Kolo and the defence were brilliant...matches in the Prem are like that.

This has given me a lot of confidence, ngl...feel are gonna finally get back to the Champions League this season!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
First half we outplayed them, second half we just refused to be out battled...really happy with this game, confused why other people are not.

Reminded me of our win away to Villa in 2007/2008...first half they couldn't get a kick, played some of the best football I have seen...second half was all them, but Kolo and the defence were brilliant...matches in the Prem are like that.

This has given me a lot of confidence, ngl...feel are gonna finally get back this the Champions League this season!
I would have preferred a more comfortable victory and more sustained periods of fluid attacking football but I also totally understand and agree with everyone saying that getting wins in this fashion can be important for building confidence when you might need to grind one out in similar style later in the season.

shoot for the top

What?

Palace was very good in that game and already led for nearly an entire half before the red happened. Also there was no red card in the home fixture and the best City could manage was still only a 0:0 draw.

Again, treating Palace as scrubs is understating what they achieved last season.
What are you talking about? CIty dominated CP both matches.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Most of the time, he does.
Oh that's strange, because it seemed as though you were using the not-walk-in-the-park 2-0 win at Crystal Palace as evidence that Arteta isn't getting enough out of his players, and then when it happens to Klopp the next day its suddenly not evidence of the same thing.

Weird.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I would have preferred a more comfortable victory and more sustained periods of fluid attacking football but I also totally understand and agree with everyone saying that getting wins in this fashion can be important for building confidence when you might need to grind one out in similar style later in the season.

Feels like every time we play away from home at night, we have lost our heads and get easily beaten since about 2017 to now...our contrasting home and away records in that time is very annoying.

If I am nervous about every game like that, then the players must be too over the years...they are the ones actually losing the games constantly :lol:

We aren't Liverpool or City, or Arsenal at their peak at Highbury or even during better periods at the Emirates...those teams know they can compete with anyone in any circumstances, they have that mentality with the results they have had in the past.

Think wins like last night will go a long way to getting us that mentality back, so we can not only win consistently away from home but also in better style too.

shoot for the top

Oh that's strange, because it seemed as though you were using the not-walk-in-the-park 2-0 win at Crystal Palace as evidence that Arteta isn't getting enough out of his players, and then when it happens to Klopp the next day its suddenly not evidence of the same thing.

Weird.
No, I have seen Arteta do this for 3 seasons. Klopp has won the Prem and Champions League with an entertaining style of football. There's a huge difference.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Feels like every time we play away from home at night, we have lost our heads and get easily beaten since about 2017 to now...our contrasting home and away records in that time is very annoying.

If I am nervous about every game like that, then the players must be too over the years...they are the ones actually losing the games constantly :lol:

We aren't Liverpool or City, or Arsenal at their peak at Highbury or even during better periods at the Emirates...those teams know they can compete with anyone in any circumstances, they have that mentality with the results they have had in the past.

Think wins like last night will go a long way to getting us that mentality back, so we can not only win consistently away from home but also in better style too.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't care if the winner comes in the 95th minute and deflects off Xhaka's buttcrack, as long as we get the three points.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

No, I have seen Arteta do this for 3 seasons. Klopp has won the Prem and Champions League with an entertaining style of football. There's a huge difference.

Of course, but you're missing the point. Struggling to get a 2-0 away win and complaining because it should have been easier due to squad cost is moot and whiney.

shoot for the top

Of course, but you're missing the point. Struggling to get a 2-0 away win and complaining because it should have been easier due to squad cost is moot and whiney.
I just say it like it is. I don't see enough from Arteta, yet he gets support from the board like no one before. We could of easily drew or lost the match and that's only because our defense pulled through.

Only Arsenal fans can moan over a 2-0 win, I swear.

Its crazy actually. People not even trying to be positive. Just negative every day... Over 500 pages in Arteta thread during the summer and all just negative rambling and we not even playing meaningful football.

I guess men are juat frustrated. No sex and they are filling up and drowning in their own semen.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Yes, I think that has to be the hope. Michael Jordan always said he wasn't nervous taking a last second shot because he'd already made tons of them so the hope is that these players take moments like yesterday where they weathered the storm into other challenging matches as proof it can be done. Look at what City did in the final game of the year when they could have panicked and bottled the league. They drew on their experience and retained their title. We need to do the same on a smaller scale to get us to that level.

Gunner Matt

Canā€™t understand the negativity over a 0-2 win away from home on the first game of the season. After the way we started last season, this is a great result and considering Palace took 4 points off us last season and Vieira has got them playing really well, I donā€™t think we should have any reason to complain.

Every single addition to the squad that played yesterday had a good game and I think improve us from last season. It is just the first game so Iā€™m not getting too carried away though, but letā€™s be positive!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We could of easily drew or lost the match and that's only because our defense pulled through.
Come on mate! I know you want to **** on Arteta, but get a grip. We won 2-0! Sure, it could have been a draw, but that would have been unlucky, or even a loss, but that would have been unjust. With your logic we could have been 3 or 4 nil up at half time and game over. You are just reaching and stating hypotheticals.

Calling it "I just state what I see" is totally disingenuous. You want to **** on Arteta at any turn. Just admit it and then make your statements. Would be more believable and someone might actually take your posts seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom