• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Arsenal | Friday 5th August 2022 | KO: 20:00 BST | SKY SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Premier League is backkkkkk šŸ”„

61e97b91721b490498cd72a339fd511f

We get the ball rolling under the lights with the world to see but I see us going here and getting the result if Iā€™m being honest.

Pre Season Form:

0AA67FE2-4253-4580-873A-586C9DA1FF32.jpeg

72C5E358-C4EA-4A68-97DD-CEA0B03190F5.jpeg

Stick to the same as lineup as above with Fabio Vieira hopefully getting some minutes and Tomiyasu on the bench.

Going for Palace 1-3 Arsenal

šŸ”“āšŖ

Legend14

Established Member

Arsenal twitter are going to be in for a big shock when they actually watch Vieira. He's not really all that different to Ƙdegaard. Hell, I'd argue that he gives the ball away more.

People seem to be thinking we've got some press resistant Cazorla/Nasri/Bernardo Silva type. He's not, he's probably closer to Bruno than them.
Maybe, but he is faster and he will shoot.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
This is why we need more dribblers who can play in our front 5 IMO. We need to be in a position where players can create more space for each other, by dragging markers out of position.

This is why I think we need someone more technical than Tielemans, who has an eye for a pass and excellent close control. Pairing them with a "less technical" player like Ƙdegaard/Vieira is better to me.
I don't get your last sentence bro.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Agree with EBL here.

Gary Neville is probably irredeemable at this point. Unbelievable levels of stupidity on the regular now. What a ****ing dummy, and whatā€™s sad is that I think his opinion on Arsenal is likely driven by jealousy and envy.

I'm sure he's just slyly trying to trot out one of the old Arsenal tropes of "they don't like it up 'em" or "they can't see a game out" by feigning surprise at our professional performance. Nothing new.
I meant Bruno Fernandes
I'm pretty sure he knows that :lol:

Xanth

Agree with EBL here.

Gary Neville is probably irredeemable at this point. Unbelievable levels of stupidity on the regular now. What a ****ing dummy, and whatā€™s sad is that I think his opinion on Arsenal is likely driven by jealousy and envy.

I'm sure he's just slyly trying to trot out one of the old Arsenal tropes of "they don't like it up 'em" or "they can't see a game out" by feigning surprise at our professional performance. Nothing new.

I'm pretty sure he knows that :lol:

I was amused by the number of pundits praising that aspect of our second half performance like it was some newfound ability we had acquired, this is how we won pretty much every away game last season. It's so lazy.

Normally I would be concerned by how we lost control of the ball in the second half but I think I can be lenient considering Palace's recent home record against us and top teams in general.

blrgooner

Established Member
While watching it for the first time, I had thought that the midfield was quite poor in the second half. After watching again, I thought Partey and Xhaka were actually pretty good individually. In fact the whole team was pretty good and the only period of sustained pressure which Crystal palace had was for 5 mins between 75-80 mins. Overall we were easily better and deserved the win.

I thought that the reason Crystal palace had more possession and where we missed a trick a little bit was in fact that we were trying to move the ball to our forwards too quick.
Crystal Palace basically had 4 forwards and 4 defenders and thier moves usually were passes between their defenders ending with Anderson playing a long ball to one of their forwards. We had enough reinforcements to cover them usually which was 4 defenders + Partey and Xhaka covering with Martinelli also tracking back a lot. The only issue was when we got the ball in the midfield, we should have passed the ball short more and then started to move forward as a team. Instead we tried to immediately find the forward players which left them isolated and outnumbered and also meant that the Crystal Palace forwards didnt need to track back and defend with numbers. This is where we are different to Man City who keep control of the game by ensuring that they keep possession. Its not possession in opposition half that was the issue for us, it was possession and passing in our own half.

Legend14

Established Member
While watching it for the first time, I had thought that the midfield was quite poor in the second half. After watching again, I thought Partey and Xhaka were actually pretty good individually. In fact the whole team was pretty good and the only period of sustained pressure which Crystal palace had was for 5 mins between 75-80 mins. Overall we were easily better and deserved the win.

I thought that the reason Crystal palace had more possession and where we missed a trick a little bit was in fact that we were trying to move the ball to our forwards too quick.
Crystal Palace basically had 4 forwards and 4 defenders and thier moves usually were passes between their defenders ending with Anderson playing a long ball to one of their forwards. We had enough reinforcements to cover them usually which was 4 defenders + Partey and Xhaka covering with Martinelli also tracking back a lot. The only issue was when we got the ball in the midfield, we should have passed the ball short more and then started to move forward as a team. Instead we tried to immediately find the forward players which left them isolated and outnumbered and also meant that the Crystal Palace forwards didnt need to track back and defend with numbers. This is where we are different to Man City who keep control of the game by ensuring that they keep possession. Its not possession in opposition half that was the issue for us, it was possession and passing in our own half.
Two of our midfielders are uncomfortable under pressure and cannot create space on their own because they do not have pace on the ball. Therefore they look for the immediate pass anywhere to relieve pressure. Hence this creates the problem you stated if the safest option is forward.

To mitigate this, other near players must offer outlets. Ƙdegaard must have at least two options. If other players are slow to support, weā€™ll give away possession.

The other option is to have midfielders who can carry the ball through and pressure the defense. I prefer this option because it unbalances the opposition and forces them to expend energy tracking back.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

I think this is one of the big problems of our play, we try to constantly hit the other team on the break and then turnover possession. We have a lot of very technically skilled players with very good close control now, we should definitely learn to take advantage of it

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Some good analysis folks, keep up with the good stuff.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
CP was tough matchup. After seeing these numbers, I rate our win even more.
CP away won't be an easy 3 points for any Top 6 side as it was last year.

Think they're going to finish even higher this year by turning some of these draws into wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom