• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Wednesday 19th May | KO: 19.00 BST | BT Sport

Is This Thread Better Than Rich's?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This time next year we could be seeing: Ryan, Chambers, Holding, Gabriel, Bertrand, Berge, Partey, ESR, Saka, Auba, Draxler.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Teta will not play Azeez or Balogun against Palace.
Why should he though? We’re trying to finish as high up the table as we can, so deciding to blood academy players now makes zero sense. The game might be a dead rubber to a lot of weirdo fans who have been wanking themselves to death all season for a glimpse of bAlOgUn, but the manager has a duty to to win football matches first and foremost, believe it or not.
Preseason is the time to have a look at them and decide if they’ll have enough to make the senior squad. I reiterate—it makes zero sense other than to please the disconnected, disassociated weirdos 😊

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We have a chance to qualify to Europa league conference so we have to play our best 11. If we win the Europa league conference we can qualify to Europa league the following season. Will be hard to get back to Europa league otherwise

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
We have a chance to qualify to Europa league conference so we have to play our best 11. If we win the Europa league conference we can qualify to Europa league the following season. Will be hard to get back to Europa league otherwise

We are working hard to get that hugely important Intertoto Cup spot. The state of Arsenal 2021.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Why should he though? We’re trying to finish as high up the table as we can, so deciding to blood academy players now makes zero sense. The game might be a dead rubber to a lot of weirdo fans who have been wanking themselves to death all season for a glimpse of bAlOgUn, but the manager has a duty to to win football matches first and foremost, believe it or not.
Preseason is the time to have a look at them and decide if they’ll have enough to make the senior squad. I reiterate—it makes zero sense other than to please the disconnected, disassociated weirdos 😊

He can put Balogun on the fvcking bench.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It makes sense in the fact that Ceballos is no longer going to be our player. He contributed to us going out in Europe. We know what Elneny has to offer. Playing Azeez next to Partey is worth the try. You wont get another more meaningless league game to test him out in. He winter get one at the start of next season and pre season isn't a true indication either. Why not try it?

I'd also argue that Balogun is self preservation. Playing him and him actually scoring would make Arteta look incredibly stupid by refusing to involve him and putting Nketiah ahead of him. His ego is too big for that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He can put Balogun on the fvcking bench.
Why, if he has Auba, Laca and Martinelli fit? To make people who in their own minds think this game is a dead runner, happy? He’s just signed on ffs. Put the banana grease away for next season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It makes sense in the fact that Ceballos is no longer going to be our player. He contributed to us going out in Europe. We know what Elneny has to offer. Playing Azeez next to Partey is worth the try. You wont get another more meaningless league game to test him out in. He winter get one at the start of next season and pre season isn't a true indication either. Why not try it?

I'd also argue that Balogun is self preservation. Playing him and him actually scoring would make Arteta look incredibly stupid by refusing to involve him and putting Nketiah ahead of him. His ego is too big for that.
The games aren’t meaningless. So your argument for them to play is on a false premise. Preseason games are meaningless games. You’ll see them then.

As for your argument that not playing BAlOgUn is ‘self preservation’ in case he scores a goal... That’s just all sorts of twisted and tin foil hat fodder 🤣

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why, if he has Auba, Laca and Martinelli fit? To make people who in their own minds think this game is a dead runner, happy? He’s just signed on ffs. Put the banana grease away for next season.

And it he's on the bench and Mik brings him on in the 85th minute or whatever people will be more angry than him being left out entirely.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
And it he's on the bench and Mik brings him on in the 85th minute or whatever people will be more angry than him being left out entirely.
I’d like to see Arteta gone nearly as much as the next guy, but some people’s brains have gone to mush on the matter. If the player scores people already waiting to kick the **** out the manager for not playing him earlier. That’s already been admitted on the previous post that I quoted. Quite shamelessly too.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’d like to see Arteta gone nearly as much as the next guy, but some people’s brains have gone to mush on the matter. If the player scores people already waiting to kick the **** out the manager for not playing him earlier. That’s already been admitted on the previous post that I quoted. Quite shamelessly too.
All boils down to the level of frustration the fans are feeling. I’m like a 9/10 at seeing my team mid table, out of all competions, likely not even in Europe at all next season and watching this shambles of a management team make fundamental mistakes everywhere. I’ll criticise Arteta at every turn if need be.

Whilst you seem chilled. It’s the exact reverse of 2015/16 when I was happy being 2nd in the league, qualifying for CL, winning FA Cups for fun. I understood the limitations of a club spending 5th and was a happy bunny. But your frustration at not winning the league was 9/10, criticising Arsène for absolutely everything.

What a strange world the likes of you and Hairspray live in? :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
All boils down to the level of frustration the fans are feeling. I’m like a 9/10 at seeing my team mid table, out of all competions, likely not even in Europe at all next season and watching this shambles of a management team make fundamental mistakes everywhere. I’ll criticise Arteta at every turn if need be.

Whilst you seem chilled. It’s the exact reverse of 2015/16 when I was happy being 2nd in the league, qualifying for CL, winning FA Cups for fun. I understood the limitations of a club spending 5th and was a happy bunny. But your frustration at not winning the league was 9/10, criticising Arsène for absolutely everything.

Pure fantasy and the rewriting of history.

The frustration wasn’t at not winning the league, it was at getting 5th a d 6th place with a squad capable of far better and the manner of the failure which is, strangely enough, the exact same reasons I want the latest manager gone—and off the back of winning an FA cup too.

You yourself said Wenger failed 😙

You simply cannot get more consistent than that. 😮

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Probably a better world than the strange perpertual twilight Wenger years that seem locked into like an episode of 'Black Mirror'.

• The job was impacting Wengers health. Its patently obvious he has had a new lease of life since he left
  • 'Maybe I stayed a little bit too long' - Wengers own words

Can I honestly ask, did you want the guy to die at his desk? Is that the end game you were looking for?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Tomorrow will be bit emotional for palace last game for Roy there and many players out of contract there will be like 6k fans. It's sound like testimonial game lol

Wiggins

I wonder what place Arsène would have this lot finishing at if he were still here? 5th? I doubt even he could motivate them much more than that. The squad isn't that bad talent-wise but they sure don't seem to care much, it seems mostly attitude rather than ability. It all just seems so aimless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom