• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Wednesday 19th May | KO: 19.00 BST | BT Sport

Is This Thread Better Than Rich's?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm still slightly on the fence, I like him a lot but I worry a bit about his stiffness. He's a technically perfect player but a physically limited one. I'm pretty sure he'd like to stay here though. Who knows, maybe he can stay here and we can bring in another creative player. We need everything we can get.
I think I’m more worried that you are worried about his stiffness 🤔

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Clever man is Zaha… He saw what was unfolding before him and thought even the most theatrical dive could well win him a penalty. It’s a mystery how one of ours wasn’t sent off or a really dodgy penalty wasn’t given against us. I think Mason had used up his quota by keeping three of their players on the pitch. How jammy are we?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
That's a good win, better than I expected. We scored some very good goals, none of the three finishes was easy. It's an improvement and maybe with some reinforcements we can take the improvement into next season. I'd like to see Martinelli play more.

Was certainly a hard fought victory, Palace went in hard and the ref game them some lovely gifts. We still didn’t create enough in the box, which has been one of the main themes of the season. For the first 2/3 of the first half it seemed like Partey was the main creative outlet?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Didn't get to watch the game due to work, but watching the highlights, I am not clear how Benteke can get away with that elbow / arm to the face of Elneny, nor how the stamp on Chambers isn't more than a yellow? It's like VAR decisions that can go our way for fouls against our players simply are not made. Yet when Pepe's head barely touches a Leeds' players head it's a straight red.
It's what fans want, corrupted FA and no to Super League, fans saved the football they say

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Nice to see Roy Hodgson get a nice send off with some fans back at Selhurst Park. He deserves great credit for such a long and mostly succesful career. A true gentleman and a class act that has always been very respectful towards Arsenal, or The Arsenal as he often calls us. Wish him all the best in his retirement.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Bloke I used to work with was once stood next to Roy on a packed tube, both with one arm in the air holding on like you do. He couldn’t resist saying something to him so he decided to make small talk. Roy obliged and they had this quiet ten minute convo until he got off at Lancaster Gate. He always used public transport apparently. Probably drew the line at buses I’d imagine. He’s a good man.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Bloke I used to work with was once stood next to Roy on a packed tube, both with one arm in the air holding on like you do. He couldn’t resist saying something to him so he decided to make small talk. Roy obliged and they had this quiet ten minute convo until he got off at Lancaster Gate. He always used public transport apparently. Probably drew the line at buses I’d imagine. He’s a good man.
article-1033518-01E3B09400000578-79_468x286.jpg

Finesse

Hate to say it, but there probably is an element of truth to the "Little Mafia" stuff in that they are good friends. If we got rid of Laca do we know Auba won't sulk? Selling Auba woukd be hard also due to his wages. Unfortunately we will continue with both. The writing was on the wall when a PR campaign was in effect about Laca's importance in the dressing room, and in truth I did like what I saw with personality and leadership at Slavia. Auba is not really a leader, let alone a captain. When things are going well he is great, but when things get tough he slumps. It's almost as if the best of both has to be combined into one, which frustratingly isn't possible.

For a man who has got his kids and himself tattooed on his body walking into the Arsenal Stadium , I cannot reconcile the passion and desire that matches that when things are not going his way. We can corroborate the mafia but the facts are clear. Both players are happy its either me or you playing. We must break that and get one of them angry enough not to be playing. That is enough to make them work harder and out themselves about especially with the kind of service Pepe , Saka and KT keep giving from the flanks.

See the ball from MO for yesterday. First and foremost how many times do we get this crosses every game and no one not even Auba or Laca is breaking their balls to attack them or be a nuisance to the keeper and defence? Benteke was terrorising our defence all day yesterday from those kind of balls. Secondly the desire to get to those balls has been lacking. Gabby had his eyes on that ball yesterday and he was going for it. His build up play at his age may not be there yet for him to start all games and play every week , but that will improve. However you cannot fault his desire when he is on the pitch and sees an opportunity. Be it closing down the opponent or get into the think of any fight for the ball.

It seems Auba and Laca are waiting for the perfect balls or taps in etc. Funny enough I count keep count of how many Auba fluffed this season alone. We need a reinvigorated captain and Auba playing like he wants to end his career here and be that legend he craves.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There was a time when nobody would even try it with @Jury.

Long gone those days.
@Jury 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
He’s right as well. I used to look up to you, really hurt me when I had to batter you in the Özil thread a few years back.

Student becoming the master/circle of life kind of thing I guess. :(

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Jury 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
He’s right as well. I used to look up to you, really hurt me when I had to batter you in the Özil thread a few years back.

Student becoming the master/circle of life kind of thing I guess. :(
You can’t talk alpha stuff into existence. You’re a little lion still... in the AM wilderness. I’m not a Lion, I’m a AM Rhino. Weighing in lame Jackals all day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom