• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Curtis Davies

Henry_Pires

Liverpool, Arsenal tracking West Brom defender Davies
tribalfootball.com - February 9, 2006

West Brom boss Bryan Robson is desperate to hang onto defender Curtis Davies.

Robbo took a £3million gamble signing Davies, 20, from Luton last August.

Bolton, Sp**s, Birmingham and Aston Villa were all interested but unwilling to pay that much.

Now Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle have been checking on the central defender.

Robson said: "I know a lot of people looked at him when we brought him in and I expect the top clubs to look at him if he continues playing how he is.

"Curtis Davies is proving he will be a great Premiership player for years to come.

"At 20, he can only get better but we want him to stay here."

Anyone knows anything about his guy?
Is he highly rated and how much he is valued at?

Raghav89

brom brought him for 3 million quid,i don't see many WBA games but i don't think he's better than what we already have i.e. senderos etc.

phonics

at the age of 20 according to the official baggies supporters website he's been voted their MOM 13 games running

Ratinho

Established Member
Raghav89 said:
brom brought him for 3 million quid,i don't see many WBA games but i don't think he's better than what we already have i.e. senderos etc.

Based on this season, there's no debate who's been more impressive between him and Senderos tbh, and it aint Phil.

He's a talent, wouldn't be adverse to a move for him, but looking at the source there's likely nothing to little in this right now.

Henry_Pires

19 Curtis Davies | Defender

Born: March 15, 1985
Birthplace: London
Height: 6' 2''
Weight: 11.10

Pos: D

Well, he just score an own goal just now when Fulham trash The Baggies 6-1.

Asterix

Established Member
Could be a great buy, and typical of Wenger to go for the less heralded young player. I still think on the evidence of this season that we need a more experienced Cb to partner Kolo next season, and it won't be Sol.

James

Established Member
One of my mates is an Albion season ticket holder, and rates him very highly.

From what i've seen, he looks a decent prospect.

Tribalfootball though? Seriously...

gunnerGH

Established Member
phonics said:
at the age of 20 according to the official baggies supporters website he's been voted their MOM 13 games running

What! didnt they concede 6 against fulham!

phonics

that was posted before the fulham game. And if you look at the statistics they didn't get thrased actually. 50/50 possesion, west from 16 shots, fulham 8,

its just after 2-0 their heads went down and then every single shot that fulham took went in.

longrufus

Established Member
Good news in my eyes, tabloid speculation isnt always correct when it comes to buying, but generally get interest right.
So showing interest in a defender is a good thing. Was hoping for someone who would challenge for a place in the first team right away, but Davies does look a good player.

Captain

Established Member
We wanted him before Albion but our bid was turned down, so there may be some truth in this rumour.

Captain

Established Member
I believe that it was in the region of £1.5M.

Looks like we'll have to pay £5M now, but I suppose these things happen.

Top Bottom