• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cygan leaving?

Bergyfan

We wouldn't want anyone who isn't 100% committed. Nothing more than a handy squad player who is easily replaced.

beaney

he has definitely come on more this year, but he will only ever be a squad player here.

generally he is alright, but he still ladks pace and can get caught out.
so basically, if he stays fine if he dont, i ownt cry myself to sleep.

Jinn

Established Member
All the best to him.

He wasn't quite good enough to cut it here, wish him all the best if he decides to go.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Good to see Pascal considering his future rather then being content sitting on the bench and getting his big fat pay cheque every week!

satan_beckham

he is now 29 years old and its not good for him to just stay on the bench,its better for him to play first team football now in france where he can be a better player.not to worry though as we got many talented youngsters but should he really leave,then wenger must sign a new centre defender,someone like mexes

Alexone234

I like Pascual, he seems like a "stand up guy", but I won't be worrying about filling his boots with a younger, quicker and better player because there are many on the market.

Mexes is still an option there, and I know he is much better than Cygan. With Toure playing so well, we have plenty of time to groom Serendos to become a key player in this role.

I wish Cygan every success at his new club (unless they are playing against us) and I hope his exit prompts Wiltord and Kanu to scoot too.

Superdudes

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 09,00.html
as i say in the fourm somewhere else.. why not try a defender from stuttgart.. they have an impressive defence record.. conceding just 3 goals from 14 matches.. this is in a league where there's bayern, dortmund and leverkusen.. not to mention that werder bremen is there as well.. noone might give a damn about it but the club mention has scored an impressive 38 goals in 14 matches.. though i hope that Arsène might get either one of these mention: boumsong, mexes and those youngster from ajax..

lewdikris

Established Member
No surprises if he goes - he doesn't mind going to a smaller club if he gets first team action, which he won't here.

He's too patchy for us longterm, and although he won't make us much money, every little helps as we pursue someone top-notch.

A

Anonymous

If he goes (which i wouldnt lose any sleep over) it will be time for Senderos to step up.

Adam

Established Member
I'd expect a Boumsong or Mexes to come in. With Keown and Cygan leaving at the end of this season possibly - reinforcements are needed. Senderos is unproven at this level and would not suffice as third choice back up.

kazu

just when i thought he's starting to come good... but realistically i don't think he can ever provide that kind of confidence that we have in kolo, campbell and keown...

well, good luck to him... for his sake, i hope he won't have to come up against henry... :lol:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
If Cygan does leave then hopefully we can sign someone likes Mexes. PSG, Bastia are his former club Lille are the clubs said to be interested in Cygan.

n_henry

Darn.....not that we'll really miss him all that much (though he really has looked quite good when he's come on for us so far this season), but we don't exactly have the finances to sign proven players it seems....

And if we now have to put a defender on top of our priority list..then perhaps we'll have to make do without another striker/attacking player...

Yeah, Mexes or Boumsong please. Hopefully the French connection works..

Latest posts

Top Bottom