• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dancing to the Wenger Beat - Generation A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyla

Lewdrikis- can I ask what you do for a profession? Your writing abilities are second to none. I'm well impressed. I think the back-pages of a quality newspaper are in store for you! I do agree with Sol on this though- our performance was definitely professional- no fuss or frills (second goal was a gem)- but the opposition were so feeble- of course this was through their own doing, however we can't really gauge our chances in Europe based on two games. I am scared to say progress has been made with this team cos they always manage to shoot themselves in the foot at some stage.

I am usually critical of Ljungberg- if he ain't scoring then you ask what else does he bring to the team, but I thought he looked like his old self last night- popping up when it mattered, hustling and harrying- I don't know why Adam has left question marks over his game y/day!

PS: I feel quite sad losing Sylvain- his abject performances are always highlighted on this forum but he was an integral part of our 2002 double season, scoring some important goals and part of the best of Wengerball last year. I just have worries what his potential "exit" could have for the rest of the French lads and the squad in general- he would be the first "big name," if not big player casualty. I think it's all quite sad really.

lewdikris

Established Member
Kyla - cheers. I appreciate it. Ex-music journalist for a lot of the now defunct dance press, occasional film journalist ... currently finishing a PHD on american literature and terrorism. Hence I have plenty of spare time on my hands to contribute here!

Trying, finally, to get a proper job aged 25 ;D

Sammer

Established Member
I always wanted to ask him that question, too. Can´t say enough that your articles are a big part of the excellent quality of arsenal-mania.com.

Hey, I used to be in the music industry, too (although on the industrial side at a major company) ;D

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lewd. you are very talented
Must be something on the cyber airwaves for all our reporters are talented.
You should apply for The Times .
Send sample of your writing to Arsenal FC you never know they might hire you for some of their reporting
You got a gift in your writing

Kyla

slapz said:
can i be the simon cowell of the forum world and say it didnt inspire me :lol:

Lol. Oh Slappy- don't rain on Lewdrikis' parade! They boy's got talent! Simon Cowell indeed :D

neebz

Lewd,

itz ironic enough how ur change ur statements altogether,

if u jst go a few articlez, u wrote urself that Ljungberg and Pires don't go together...

and now when they are rocking, ur all with the roses for them !!!

explain ! :)

nEEbz

Adam

Established Member
Neebz - i think you are reading into something differently. I didn't see that in there. He praises the indivudual, but not neccesarily the effect of them in the same team. They both float and are not disciplined positionally unless the team is on the back foot. Why our wingers are so prominent is because we don't play with strikers - so our style of play demand the players to float and often adopt more forward positions.

I think this works better though if Parlour is in the team. Gilberto can sit too deep and invite to pressure on. Yes he makes alot of interceptions, blocks etc but that is because he is sitting back and allowing them to do so. Parlour is more proactive in his position and pushes further forward. Yesterday we saw a huge gap in midfield where Gilberto and Vieira sat back and allowed Blackburn to control. They couldn't hold onto possesion in the manner in which we lost many leads last season. Gilberto is only playing sideways and backwards passes at the same time as sitting deep.

This hurts us.

lewdikris

Established Member
Neebz: it's fairly obvious that when Freddie and Bobby play badly, we're not an effective unit at stopping the opposition from scoring, and Wenger shouldn't play them. That's when i'd play either Lauren or Parlour in right-centre mid, with Bobby or Freddie in a freer role.

But Bobby and Freddie are both on fire at the moment, both scoring goals. Whilst that happens play them - it's simple, but adapt when they're not. Wenger doesn't drop out of form players enough, but NEVER drop people when they are in form - this is why Cygan fully deserves his place at the moment. Which i never thought i'd say, but it's true.

neebz

Thats the point i am talking about ,

He was is full praise for the both players .... in terms of their individual skills, but he wasn't favouring them both at the same time on the pitch.

And now when Wenger got his Intelligence on the roll and both players are (really really) rocking, now he is like ..fantastic performance !

I guess thats where the difference between Lewd and Wenger lies :D

The gap in the midfield which you pointed out is i beleive because of the over-cautious gameplay of Arsenal. What happened to Arsenal last season and in Europe for so many years, Wenger and co have gone towards a very cautious approach and for that reason the gap generates.

If u look at the Inter Milan game at home, Viera wasn't sitting back. He was the defensive midfielder actually stranding on the half way line.
And as Lewd pointed out in his review of the match, that was of no use. If Vieira robs the ball from the progressing opponent, he has to face the whole defence yet ( and in that case, Zanetti , standing ahead of the defence line). The technique was fine enough to stop the progression of the opponent but only if the midfielders are successful enough to rob the ball. Else .. 3-0 !!!

nEEbz

lewdikris

Established Member
Er, what exactly do you want me to say. If we play badly, i'll say it and think of ways to change it. If we play well, which we did last wednesday, should we change the team then? No, i don't think so.

It looked to me a couple of months ago that Bobby and Freddie were not the threat they used to be. So we had to think about the future and how we could change. Now they're both playing as well as they ever have... So???

If you want absolute consistency, pay me to write a book. :wink:

neebz

muhahahw...

dats wat i wanted to make u say ...

You were wrong when u said Pirez/Ljungberg are well pass their prime
and i am warning you again about watever you are saying abt Wiltord,
I still don't underestimate him, and u better stop jumping into conclusions sooooo early :D

but neva mind, A trainee made A Gold Trusted Member revert his statement,

quite an achievement..isnt it ? :D

slapz

neebz said:
muhahahw...

dats wat i wanted to make u say ...

You were wrong when u said Pirez/Ljungberg are well pass their prime
and i am warning you again about watever you are saying abt Wiltord,
I still don't underestimate him, and u better stop jumping into conclusions sooooo early :D

but neva mind, A trainee made A Gold Trusted Member revert his statement,

quite an achievement..isnt it ? :D

I agree with lewd about Pires. He maybe turning in some good performances this season but no way is he ever going to get near how he was in 2002.

Wiltord is rubbish as he is so predictable. He'll get the ball, run a few yards and then try cut in to the left.

As for your comment about a trainee making a gold member revert his statement... i dont know why you are so pleased with yourself over it as being a trusted member or favoured does not make you a better gooner than anyone else

neebz

hahah ...
slapz beleive me ...
itz ur inferiority complex speaking !!!!!!

ur the junior gunner, aint ya? :D

I am a great admirer of Lewd articlez, so no personal grudgez !! :p
nevertheless, i am a genious too :D

nEEbz

Kyla

slapz said:
I agree with lewd about Pires. He maybe turning in some good performances this season but no way is he ever going to get near how he was in 2002.

That's a sad thought- Pires- a one season wonder ey. I agree that his performances have yet to reach the heights of the double season but I'm still harbouring hopes- remember Liverpool away last season, he turned the clock back with that performance even if it was a one off. As long as his telepathy with Cole and Henry continues, then it's all good. I don't know why Wenger is so reluctant to play Pires just behind Henry b/c he no longer has the attributes of an out and out winger- he's too slow for all that running malarkey. His ideal position is now far more central. He's more of a threat there. Freddie ought to switch on the left and perhaps Parlour on the right. But then again I want Bergy and Kanu to have a role to play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom