• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This deal feels weird from the start. I think we are talking about a very skilled player who is probably better than everything we have here, but I have concerns over everything except his quality.
1. Xhaka is already our captain and we are bringing in a player who is a far superior player and usually plays the same position.
2. If he plays with Xhaka on the pitch, we will have to play one defense minded player (Torreira) which means tough luck for Özil. The thing is with that, Özil is by far the most paid player in the squad and it makes no sense to have him on the bench.
3. This leads to moving Özil back to the right wing where he failed so many times and we are still on the market to bring in top quality wide forward.
4. If we plan to use Ceballos as a rotation player, what do we say to Willock and Douzi? Are we planing to play him and keep him in form without any assurances we can actually buy him next year at the expense of our highest rated young players? Didn't we do that with Suarez last year?

Very confusing deal if you ask me but it has nothing to do with the player quality. It's the strongest loaned player we've ever had at our club.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This deal feels weird from the start. I think we are talking about a very skilled player who is probably better than everything we have here, but I have concerns over everything except his quality.
1. Xhaka is already our captain and we are bringing in a player who is a far superior player and usually plays the same position.
2. If he plays with Xhaka on the pitch, we will have to play one defense minded player (Torreira) which means tough luck for Özil. The thing is with that, Özil is by far the most paid player in the squad and it makes no sense to have him on the bench.
3. This leads to moving Özil back to the right wing where he failed so many times and we are still on the market to bring in top quality wide forward.
4. If we plan to use Ceballos as a rotation player, what do we say to Willock and Douzi? Are we planing to play him and keep him in form without any assurances we can actually buy him next year at the expense of our highest rated young players? Didn't we do that with Suarez last year?

Very confusing deal if you ask me but it has nothing to do with the player quality. It's the strongest loaned player we've ever had at our club.
True

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Might be a good problem to have. If a player wants to keep getting games he has to damn well show up and perform or get dropped.

Divided_Pie

It becomes less confusing if you replace Xhaka with Ceballos, captain or no.

4-2-3-1, Torreira and Ceballos behind Özil. Without Xhaka we gain press-resistance and the ability to drive forward with dribbling. We become more technical and build through possession rather than long balls. We gain mobility and lose nothing defensively.

Xhaka can start in EL.

OSBK

Established Member
There is more than enough games for this guy. Alot are assuming he is going to walk into the team, he will need a while to adjust. I think he plays further forward xhaka or torreria and has the ability like cesc did to control games further up the pitch.

I hope this is a long term and not a 1 season loan, we wont see the best of this guy for a few seasons yet but what a great talent.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Our last worry should be about accommodating xhaka ffs

Kingofthebongo

Top top top quality player.

I only worry that the refs will get raging boners watching the Shawcrosses of the world go at him with over the top tackles. His style draws tons of fouls and he looks like he weighs as much as a pair of Doc Martens.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Top top top quality player.

I only worry that the refs will get raging boners watching the Shawcrosses of the world go at him with over the top tackles. His style draws tons of fouls and he looks like he weighs as much as a pair of Doc Martens.

Shawcross wont be going at anyone for some time. Did his ankle real bad today, season over before it started.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Enjoyable sight. Watching that **** in pain.
Better than sex. Hate them stoke c*nts. Had a scrap with a few of their inbred fans when I went Stoke away a few seasons ago. Their mums their sister up them ways. Horrible people.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Shawcross wont be going at anyone for some time. Did his ankle real bad today, season over before it started.
What goes around comes around.

This Cabellos geezer is a bit of a weirdo btw, it’s gonna be a fun season lol. (the fun bit is sarcasm)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
What goes around comes around.

This Cabellos geezer is a bit of a weirdo btw, it’s gonna be a fun season lol. (the fun bit is sarcasm)

Weird in what way? I've seen him play but know nothing of hi mas a person. Loved his welcome photos.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Enjoyable sight. Watching that **** in pain.

I have no thoughts on it really. I don't like to see anyone in pain, that would be odd, but at the same time I have no pity for him because it happened in a sport he chose and is well paid to play.

nick gould

Very small sample size today but he looked absolutely classy. We should have bought him upright. Now our midfield will be interesting. Guendouzi and ceballos and a third player. Most likely Xhaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom