• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't know why but I don't like this guy all that much. There's something very flashy but little substance in the way that this guy plays. It's annoying at how much he takes to dwell on the ball.

I'm starting to feel the same, seems more focused on his hair than his game.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Was poor today, but at the end of the day we’re playing him as a 10.

If he played in a 3 like vs Burnley we’d see more from him. So either do so or drop him for Willock

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He holds onto the ball too long at times, very good close control and dribbling skills but at times I just want him to pass it quicker. There's times where he'll do a Cruyff turn or something for no apparent reason.

I remember Wenger and Ramsey had a conversation back in 2012 or 2013 about how Ramsey was doing stupid stuff and trying to be flashy when it be better for him to just keep things simple. Pass and move, don't worry about trying to beat a couple of players, doing a fancy flick or something complex when passing it will suffice. He then went on to have the best form of his career at that point. You'd hope that Emery might be able to do something similar with Ceballos because he has a lot of talent and can be a top midfielder here.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He actually did a lot of good tracking back and defensive work in the 1st half. Not his day going forward but he wasn't invisible on the pitch.
Yeah I liked that about his game.

It's not really his job to be a player that catches the eye, that Burnley performance might have been too good for his own good in terms of expectations.

I just wanted a midfielder who can get back and forward, without being a technical passenger. Emery keeps forcing his a no10 and he's clearly not one.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Which is what I’ve been saying since we signed him but.. as you were..
Emery is trying him out as a #10, as it seems Guendouzi has taken his spot.

He doesn't have the vision or the ball retention of Özil to be a primary #10. He could work maybe in a Brazilian style 4-2-2-2

samshere

Why so serieuse?
You'd hope that Emery might be able to do something similar with Ceballos because he has a lot of talent and can be a top midfielder here.
Unfortunately, we've got Ceballos for only one year so even if we have him make a correction, it'll be too late to be of any use to us. We've got what we see. I'd like to see him play the Cazorla position with a pure destroyer next to him.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Emery continues his history of playing CM‘s as AM‘s. Ceballos has good ball retention, good ball control, great at dictacting the midfield, works hard defensively - great qualities for a CM. But lacks the final ball, movement and goal threat to be an attacking midfielder. Stop playing him as an AM, you Neanderthal.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He holds onto the ball too long at times, very good close control and dribbling skills but at times I just want him to pass it quicker. There's times where he'll do a Cruyff turn or something for no apparent reason.

I remember Wenger and Ramsey had a conversation back in 2012 or 2013 about how Ramsey was doing stupid stuff and trying to be flashy when it be better for him to just keep things simple. Pass and move, don't worry about trying to beat a couple of players, doing a fancy flick or something complex when passing it will suffice. He then went on to have the best form of his career at that point. You'd hope that Emery might be able to do something similar with Ceballos because he has a lot of talent and can be a top midfielder here.
Ceballos is leading the stats for possession lost.

Maybe it is related to him hanging on to the ball too much.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Good cameo from him yesterday. He still does some pointless turns but I feel like the speed of the PL might smarten him up a bit. He’ll realise he’s got to move the ball quicker- he’s an intelligent enough player.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I still think his best position is beside a holding midfielder in Torreira supply the ball from there. and put Özil at no10 it will work no doubt.

We are crying out for a player who is creative from deep we have one, but we need to play him there.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I still think his best position is beside a holding midfielder in Torreira supply the ball from there. and put Özil at no10 it will work no doubt.

We are crying out for a player who is creative from deep we have one, but we need to play him there.
That's similar to Wenger's Coquelin-Cazorla-Özil midfield.

It worked for the majority of games and only came up a bit short against high quality opposition. Definitely worth a try.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
That's similar to Wenger's Coquelin-Cazorla-Özil midfield.

It worked for the majority of games and only came up a bit short against high quality opposition. Definitely worth a try.
Might even be a better midfield than that Wenger one.. would have to see it though.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Might even be a better midfield than that Wenger one.. would have to see it though.
Yeah I think so.

While I'm not a fan of Lucas in possession he is undoubtedly better than Coquelin, Ceballos isn't as good as Caz but for the little he gives up in on the ball ability he makes up for it with youthful legs.

All depends on what Özil can do, I'm 50% confident that with that regular supply line he'll be able to shine as our no10.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yeah I think so.

While I'm not a fan of Lucas in possession he is undoubtedly better than Coquelin, Ceballos isn't as good as Caz but for the little he gives up in on the ball ability he makes up for it with youthful legs.

All depends on what Özil can do, I'm 50% confident that with that regular supply line he'll be able to shine as our no10.
Stole the thoughts, almost to the word, right out my mind. Partiocularly the Cazorla bit. Lose a bit here and gain a bit there, so to speak.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So Madrid derby was 0-0, and Real has conceded 0 shots against their goal now 3 games in a row according to the commentator. 1 shot towards their goal in this derby in livescores though.

Anyway, looks like Zizou will keep his job, even if they have injuries. Early in the season, but their trajectory is clearly upwards.

Looks a lot better now that we can buy Dani at the end of the season. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom