<

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by krengon, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

Torreira is too limited and too lightweight and does not progress the ball that much either.

2. iamdaguy

iamdaguy Well-Known Member

We don't want someone to progress the ball. We need a holding midfielder to protect the two CBs.

Given how high up we play, having a mobile defensive midfielder helps.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  3. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Ceballos - The MOTM in my opinion just ahead of Martinelli. Everything he does oozes class, so skillful, clever flicks, back heels, turning opposition inside out, making exceptional through balls, intercepting, tackling, tracking back and being involved in everything.

Kingofthebongo and TakeChillPill like this.
  4. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

Class player, would've fitted in perfectly during the Wengerball era.
    CM is his position.

5. Santi's Left Foot

Santi's Left Foot Sleeps in Theo's bed

Nonsense.

Mitch likes this.
  6. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Superb. Ran the show. Want to see him in a midfield with Guendouzi. Genuinely believe those pair can dominate a game between them.

7. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Really nice to see him get a goal. We're gonna need this guy to start delivering.

LGooner98 likes this.
  8. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Can't believe we have not seen a team of guen/willock/balloz yet.

Kingofthebongo and Maybe like this.
  9. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

Who holds his position to defend in that midfield? Unless we go with a diamond or a 3-5-2, which isn't necessarily too bad for certain games to be honest.

10. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Everyone in that team defends and attacks. Not sure Xhakas strength is defensive work.

11. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

Not a fan of Xhaka lately, no it isn't, but his positioning is very conservative and that does have some benefits in this team.

Don't get me wrong - I'm just wondering. Overall I would agree with you, even two weeks ago, that those 3 are our best CMs right now. That's despite some bad showing from Ceballos.

12. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

I think/hope this is the regular Dani C performance we’ll be getting by the end of the season but in the PL.

Kingofthebongo likes this.
  13. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Will be dropped for xhaka obviously.

14. Eirico

Eirico Active Member

Really good game today, and I think he will be a really good player in the future. He has great technique, vision and intelligence, but he just takes way too many touches. It seems like he’s obsessed with tricking/turning his opponent when he has the ball. You can do that some times to be unpredictable, but he does it too much which just results in slowing our game down. Often its better to play it simple. Ramsey and Diaby had the same problem in particular when they were young, and I’m sure Ceballos with time will find the right balance. But then he will probably not be an Arsenal player.

15. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

We played them together against Burnley earlier this season

16. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

I hope from now on we start him and give him a run of games to settle in and get more confidence.

quality is obviously there we should trust him

17. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

At this point, he is not doing enough. We may have much better options in the summer.

Fewtch likes this.
  18. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

Interesting, your view is quite out of sync with others above, and I don't have you down as an 'out-there' commenter. Haven't had time to watch a recording of the match with proper attention.

19. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

he hasn't even started 3 games and in a row, has been played out of position and our midfield has been a mess so far :lol:

North5 likes this.
  20. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

The closer he is to our box, the easier it is for him to give away penalties.

Sound reasoning bro

m-due likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.