• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
he hasn't even started 3 games and in a row, has been played out of position and our midfield has been a mess so far :lol:

He's played out of position because in his natural position is the superior Guendouzi.......... it was a mistake for us to sign him on loan cause we never needed a player in him. We needed a Ramsey replacement and Ceballos was anything but that.

If Emery finally decides to ditch Xhaka then he'll want us to buy an Arteta type experienced midfielder who can bring some stability and brains into our midfield.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He's played out of position because in his natural position is the superior Guendouzi.......... it was a mistake for us to sign him on loan cause we never needed a player in him. We needed a Ramsey replacement and Ceballos was anything but that.

If Emery finally decides to ditch Xhaka then he'll want us to buy an Arteta type experienced midfielder who can bring some stability and brains into our midfield.

I don't agree.
guendouzi is much closer to Xhaka than ceballos imo. the Spaniard is a much creative player.
and we don't need another Ramsey who plays almost like a second striker at times, in the squad imo.

both can play together, guendouzi can play the xavi role and ceballos the Iniesta role. idk who can play in the DM position. we should try torreira for a few games, or even Chambers (I haven't watched Fulham last year at all but there was a consensus about him having a good season in midfield) or Luiz who would add more physicality in our midfield when Holding gets back in the first squad.

Kingofthebongo

At this point, he is not doing enough. We may have much better options in the summer.

As a 10, I would agree. There are far better 10's out there we can get than Ceballos. But as a CM, I am afraid if we don't get him and blood him as a CM, we just might regret it.

Only thing is, we are stacked in CM. It is still early of course, but I would consider clearing out some players in CM to make room for him, alongside Guendouzi and Willock. The rest can be replaced.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As a 10, I would agree. There are far better 10's out there we can get than Ceballos. But as a CM, I am afraid if we don't get him and blood him as a CM, we just might regret it.

Only thing is, we are stacked in CM. It is still early of course, but I would consider clearing out some players in CM to make room for him, alongside Guendouzi and Willock. The rest can be replaced.
That's the strange thing really. Guendouzi and Willock have been wonderful, and it makes me feel that Ceballos is slightly surplus, especially since he is a temp

scytheavatar

Established Member
I don't agree.
guendouzi is much closer to Xhaka than ceballos imo. the Spaniard is a much creative player.
and we don't need another Ramsey who plays almost like a second striker at times, in the squad imo.

both can play together, guendouzi can play the xavi role and ceballos the Iniesta role. idk who can play in the DM position. we should try torreira for a few games, or even Chambers (I haven't watched Fulham last year at all but there was a consensus about him having a good season in midfield) or Luiz who would add more physicality in our midfield when Holding gets back in the first squad.

We need someone to win the ball high up the pitch, which is why Torreira is being played as a Ramsey replacement. Modern football is all about that, and that's why classic number 10s like Özil are being pushed out of modern football.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Think he's best utilized in the same way Juve play with Pjanic. He's the deepest midfielder that distributes from deep and is flanked by two b2b players with high energy and a good all-round skillset, which in our case would be Guendouzi and Willock.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Think he's best utilized in the same way Juve play with Pjanic. He's the deepest midfielder that distributes from deep and is flanked by two b2b players with high energy and a good all-round skillset, which in our case would be Guendouzi and Willock.

Agree. Saw him at the U21 EC and that's basically the role he played and I think it's his best position.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
he hasn't even started 3 games and in a row, has been played out of position and our midfield has been a mess so far :lol:
I'm finding hard to connect with him. He had a wonderful first game, but the rest of the games have been quite hohum. When you're on a loan, you need to hit the ground running.

Edit: Not to forget the hospital passes and constant dispossession.

username checks out
and?

Iceman10

Established Member
When he joined I was definitely up for trying to make him a permanent after the season loan based on his talent, but now not so sure. It's not so much that he has disappointed, but we have Willock and Guendouzi as #8 players, and there is too much overlap with Ceballos who is more of a DLP/b2b, and #8 himself. What we need over the next two transfer windows is a new #6 and new #10.

Iceman10

Established Member
'I was right to leave Real Madrid': Dani Ceballos insists he has no regrets over Arsenal move as midfielder earns Spain call-up ahead of Euro 2020 qualifiers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...s-Arsenal-midfielder-earns-Spain-call-up.html

With emergence of Valverde at Real Madrid I would say we have an open lane to making this a permanent, but he might need to adapt to be a pressing #10 with us having Guendouzi and Willock to take care of #8.

avalonhse

He is more like Kovacic than Pjanic, the latter pass more than dribble.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What we need over the next two transfer windows is a new #6 and new #10.
I'm willing to wait for ESR to see how he does this season. There is a huge potential in this lad and unfortunately really bad injury record. If he sorts out his injuries, I would be thrilled to have him behind the striker.

Ceballos is a no brainer, cheap on the market and brings a lot of quality to our midfield. By far the best midfielder we currently have

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No #10s please. We need a mobile DM.

I'd throw everything at Kante and see if he is willing to come. Maybe try Luiz in the role, like Conte did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom