• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
He’s had a very marmitey start to his Arsenal career, lots to love and hate in his game so far.

He’s clearly got immense talent but I’m not at all surprised Zidane isn’t sold on the evidence of what we’ve seen so far. He looks like a very rough diamond at the moment, and there’s little scope to develop for players like him at Madrid. Hopefully he does the good stuff more consistently as he settles in here.

If you’re more cynically inclined, his start has arguably been ideal in that it maximises our chances of signing him permanently. He’s been good (and appears to have settled in well) but not good enough that Real will refuse to sell him in a year’s time.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I agree with some of the recent posts here. He's talented but hasn't shown much to say he's on santi levels. Some real moments of finesse, but i don't feel convinced he's a fit for the Premier league. I'm not really basing that on his cold spells, you just get an instinct at this point. We've seen a lot of these type of players at Arsenal, and he is one I am very uncertain is going to deliver a lot in terms of tangible attacking threat, or consistently running games.

Zaza

Play him as a 8. Wenger was a huge fan when he was at Betis.
I'm not judging any of our creative players till Emery is out of this club.

Zaza

'I was right to leave Real Madrid': Dani Ceballos insists he has no regrets over Arsenal move as midfielder earns Spain call-up ahead of Euro 2020 qualifiers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...s-Arsenal-midfielder-earns-Spain-call-up.html

With emergence of Valverde at Real Madrid I would say we have an open lane to making this a permanent, but he might need to adapt to be a pressing #10 with us having Guendouzi and Willock to take care of #8.
I wanted Valverde at one point. Too late now to get him

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was part of our best midfield performance this season v Burnley. He had a relatively free role operating deeper and progressing play, flanked by Guendouzi and Willock doing similar things but providing more thrust and physical pressure. That to me was our best performing midfield of the season and we haven't seen it again not once. Ceballos is stationed too far forward IMO and looks far more effective when involved deeper and able to roam between 3rds.
The issue is putting him next to Xhaka and Guendouzi IMO.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He was part of our best midfield performance this season v Burnley. He had a relatively free role operating deeper and progressing play, flanked by Guendouzi and Willock doing similar things but providing more thrust and physical pressure. That to me was our best performing midfield of the season and we haven't seen it again not once. Ceballos is stationed too far forward IMO and looks far more effective when involved deeper and able to roam between 3rds.
The issue is putting him next to Xhaka and Guendouzi IMO.
In other words, Grani Xhaka is the most limiting factor to what we can put out

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Not just that but more that there are relatively similar functions that all 3 players fulfill, that being the ability to pass forward most of the time and into relatively dangerous areas. We dont need all 3 on the pitch together. 2 will suffice and even then, we see that Xhaka and Guen aren't a great partnership.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
"I never thought of leaving permanently. My goal is to succeed at Real Madrid. I'm going to fight to fulfil my dream. I want to go to the Olympics and Euros. I don't care about not having holidays, I'm 23 years old and I'll rest when I'm older."

Great timing Dani. You start - slowly - to settle in to the team and club, and then this rubbish.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I wonder if he feels he is "above this sh!t"..

Its not like we are playing sexy football or are going somewhere soon. Each game must feel like a grind.

However we are a big step up from real betis

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Agree. Although I do rate Xhaka to some extent his issues in this league are quite obvious and as you say to balance him out in midfield I think there's really only one option: Torreira next/behind him to shield the defense and a clearcut 10 to which Granit progresses play from deep in front of them. Kind of like Benitez' Mascherano - Alonso - Gerrard combination in which iirc the 10 (Stevie G) was a pretty clearcut attacking outlet and not "another central midfielder" like Emery tries with Ceballos/Willock.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Agree. Although I do rate Xhaka to some extent his issues in this league are quite obvious and as you say to balance him out in midfield I think there's really only one option: Torreira next/behind him to shield the defense and a clearcut 10 to which Granit progresses play from deep in front of them. Kind of like Benitez' Mascherano - Alonso - Gerrard combination in which iirc the 10 (Stevie G) was a pretty clearcut attacking outlet and not "another central midfielder" like Emery tries with Ceballos/Willock.
My post there seemed very agenda based but I was actually thinking out loud in a sense. I'm in favour of a Willock Xhaka midfield and I think it could work.

Beast Incarnate

Probably not the best source, but Daily Mail are saying there's a 15 mil permanent deal in place. Can't find anywhere else saying this?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

"I never thought of leaving permanently. My goal is to succeed at Real Madrid. I'm going to fight to fulfil my dream. I want to go to the Olympics and Euros. I don't care about not having holidays, I'm 23 years old and I'll rest when I'm older."

Great timing Dani. You start - slowly - to settle in to the team and club, and then this rubbish.

That was an old interview though . There is no option to buy anyways .

Impact

Established Member
Meh, he's not so good that we need to lose sleep about his future. I mean he can do a job, but we'll have equal or better options available at 60-70m.

Agreed entirely. Ceballos is a very good player with a bright future but it is certainly a buyer's market for his type of midfielder at the moment. Good if he wants to stay but we should lose no sleep if he wishes to return.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Mascherano - Alonso - Gerrard combination in which iirc the 10 (Stevie G) was a pretty clearcut attacking outlet and not "another central midfielder" like Emery tries with Ceballos/Willock.
That lot got outplayed by Arsenal kids at the time. Such a wrong setup which only tries to hide flaws with player recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom