• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
setup which only tries to hide flaws with player recruiting

Which is exactly what I was alluding to. To accomodate Xhaka you need to hide his flaws, which such a setup does. Wasn't arguing it was a good idea or advocating for it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
"I never thought of leaving permanently. My goal is to succeed at Real Madrid. I'm going to fight to fulfil my dream. I want to go to the Olympics and Euros. I don't care about not having holidays, I'm 23 years old and I'll rest when I'm older."

Great timing Dani. You start - slowly - to settle in to the team and club, and then this rubbish.

He’s just hedging his bets. He loves it here and of course, like any player he’d love to be a hit at Madrid. If we decide not to sign him, he won’t want to go back to Madrid with the Madristas thinking he doesn’t wanna be there.

If we want him, he’s ours.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Only thing I can see today is this from the guy.

That may be his plan but in general I dont know how I feel about this, on one hand you got to admire his determination to succeed at Madrid but on the other you just question why say that publicly, I was slightly on the fence regarding what I've seen so far from him but now I genuinely dont really care, it would be great if he performs and stays here, he's filled a gap this season but I'm so bored of players being here with no interest in the long term goal of the club.

9jagooner

I don't know what else we were expecting to hear him say. Imagine us sending Saka on loan, would you expect him to desire more for his on-loan team or for Arsenal?

Ceballos obviously wants to play for Madrid. Whether this will materialize or not is down to Madrid. But whilst he's here, we expect him to give 100% and he hasn't failed to do so thus far

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Not fussed about it, we knew what we were getting. If he can help us in to the top 4 that's all that matters.

Woulnd't be surprised he goes back to Madrid and then want's a move back to Arsenal after a season as a bit part player there.

Exactly. He’s on loan and didn’t want a option to buy clause. We knew what we were getting. He sees himself as a R Madrid player. As long as he puts in a good shift for us, it’s all good.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The only saving grace is that he's absolutely nowhere near being close to good enough for Real Madrid, so in that regard it's unlikely they'll actually want him back.

zilfy

with Guendouzi, Willock, and Ceballos we essentially have three no 8's.

I like him but I think it might be better to let him go back home and spend the money that would have gone towards his purchase on a Xhaka replacement or an attacking midfield player. I know Ceballos can play there but he's clearly better coming from deep

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That lot got outplayed by Arsenal kids at the time. Such a wrong setup which only tries to hide flaws with player recruiting
Oddly enough that's what you do in a team game. If you've got a great attacking midfielder who is poor at defending you get a great defensive midfielder to counter balance. Of course the attacking midfielder should still try to defend just as the defensive midfielder should still try to attack. But ultimately they hide each others flaws.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The away fans have to take some credit if that true.. All I hear is his name being sung.

Personally a bit less hyped about him now. The midfield looks unbalanced as hell at the mo with multiple niche players.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
The away fans have to take some credit if that true.. All I hear is his name being sung.

Personally a bit less hyped about him now. The midfield looks unbalanced as hell at the mo with multiple niche players.

How is Ceballos a niche player though?
He has everything he needs to be a modern CM and to succeed in the premiership.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
As a player I like him but I need to see more and need to know what kind of fee we'd have to pay. Clearly there are other players out there and if we get CL next season our choice is improved. If Madrid say £30m because they have no place for him then fine but it could be double that, we don't know.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
As a player I like him but I need to see more and need to know what kind of fee we'd have to pay. Clearly there are other players out there and if we get CL next season our choice is improved. If Madrid say £30m because they have no place for him then fine but it could be double that, we don't know.
Read 35M somewhere but not sure how reliable that is.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
with Guendouzi, Willock, and Ceballos we essentially have three no 8's.

I like him but I think it might be better to let him go back home and spend the money that would have gone towards his purchase on a Xhaka replacement or an attacking midfield player. I know Ceballos can play there but he's clearly better coming from deep
Ceballos is essentially taking Willock's spot right now. So yeh unless Ceballos has a massive improvement (which could happen) I wont be too sad to see him go.

If we get CL and actually sell Xhaka, we can sign a Fabinho standard DM if there is one on the market.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's Ceballos' first season in a new country, team and it's EPL. The guy is starting games in Spanish national team.

35 million is pretty cheap in current market, but I'm afraid they want north of 50 million. 50-60 actually. For that he has to improve, but it's really early still.

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
http://www.fussballtransfers.com/nachricht/ceballos-arbeitet-an-arsenal-verbleib_110205

Dani Ceballos is working on making his move go Arsenal permanent. According to el desmarques, there's going to be a meeting with Perez planned in which he will be trying to convince him that his future is better sorted with Arsenal.

I don't dare dreaming just yet, but this would be so so ****ing good.

In tears, if we get Ceballos permanent.

Hardly set the world alight imo.

Not yet shown that he is worth it tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom