Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by krengon, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Active Member

The curse of the Spanish attacking midfielder on loan strikes again.

m-due and Alan Latchley like this.
  2. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

The only reason he's didn't play that much for us is because he has contract with RM, not us. He is twice the player Douzi is currently but somehow Douzi got much more game time, which indicates that the problem is not his quality, it's his contract.
    The guy is 21 or something and looks better than all of our youngsters except for Martinelli, but in the end, he was completely ignored by managers.

Bergkamp1988, truth_hurts and Riou like this.
  3. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

Either revisionist history, or you didn't watch the game and just looked at the highlights. That goal wasn't the reason why Ceballos received plaudits for that game. His technique and involvement in build-up play was spectacular, he was constantly beating Burnley's press by approaching the defenders and collecting the ball.

I was, and still am, surprised that his follow-up performances were so lacklustre, considering how brilliant he was in that game.

Bergkamp1988 and Kysus like this.
  4. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Burnley aren't a top team though, the immediate next match against Liverpool he lost the ball. Decent at retaining the ball, but good for not much else.

5. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

6. AndStill

AndStill New Member

Fair enough, Arteta doesn’t rate him enough to gift him a place. Let’s see if he wants to stay and fight or go elsewhere.

7. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

You are moving the goalposts. You disputed the notion that Ceballos was great against Burnley and I responded to that.

8. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

Apart from his debut, whenever I’ve seen him I’ve not seen anything to suggest that he should be starting ahead of anybody.

Well, apart from a half dead Özil, and he gives us a decent 40-60 mins nowadays. I myself would also start Zombie Özil over this guy as well tbh. He may as well go sit on Madrid’s bench before his inevitable move to Celta Vigo or something.

9. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Wasn’t he good in his few mins against Bournemouth?

10. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

I thought he looked decent away at Watford as well? Didn't our collapse come after he, and possibly one other, had been subbed. God, that day was rough.

11. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

12. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Suspect he'll still find his chances limited with Arteta looking at who he can rely on for next season.

You compare it to the two new loan signings who will be busting a gut to earn the permanent move here whereas Dani has already said he wants a Madrid return in the summer.

Macho and Riou like this.
  13. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

What about Diaby-Cazorla :trophy::(

m-due and Riou like this.
  14. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Such a shame this midfield barely played together, bossed Liverpool and City away, before the inevitable Abou injury...stick Arteta behind that, and it's everything you want in a midfield :(

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  15. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

[​IMG]

the kind of trim you'd expect @OnlyOne to get

Trilly, Gooner416, Pop Tart and 3 others like this.
  16. Camron

Camron Established Member

This is when my garbage bags are stuffed to the brim and I can only manage to tie a very last minute knot to hold it all together.

[​IMG]

17. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

Do you ever notice bin juice at the bottom after you’ve pulled the bag out of the bin and think ‘oh fvck, it’s going to leak as I take it outside’ but there is no leak... So where does the bin juice come from?

Pop Tart, Toby Andrl, tap-in and 2 others like this.
  18. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

It would help if you stopped p!ssing in your bin.

Trilly, Pop Tart and American_Gooner like this.
  19. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

@OnlyOne

American_Gooner likes this.
  20. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Jury Lite II

Have fun until Jury gets back. Then you’re fvcked.