• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Could possibly be, one of, if not, the worst post I've seen on AM since my debut.
tenor.gif

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Getting rid of one of those three hype jobs and replacing them with a Spanish international is a no brainer idk why you guys are upset

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Getting rid of one of those three hype jobs and replacing them with a Spanish international is a no brainer idk why you guys are upset

This is very different to what you said initially! Guendouzi was being quoted at 40m after alleged PSG interest. RB Leipzig seemed quite keen on ESR and Willock was loosely linked to Bayern. All 3 would fetch decent money and I rate Ceballos higher than all 3.

Ideally, I'd keep all 3 of our prospects and buy Ceballos. They all have the potential to be amongst the best in the league in my opinion.

The problem is all 4 players are developing. We need at least 2 midfielders who are bonafide high-level performers who do it on a consistent basis and none of Torreria, Özil or Xhaka are doing this.

-------------------Guendouzi----------Ceballos-----------
----Nelson----------------ESR-----------------Saka------

-------------------AMN-------------Willock----------------
---Nelson--------------------------------------Saka--------
----------------------Martinelli---Nketiah------------------

Is the best array of u23 talent in Europe in my opinion. No reason for us to rush and try to sell any of them. The problem is our alternatives in these positions are not performing

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Because I bet you're one of those who cries 'why did we sell Gnabry' etc. All three players you mentioned show unreal potential so why on earth would we sell them to buy a guy who's had 2/3 decent performances.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Because I bet you're one of those who cries 'why did we sell Gnabry' etc. All three players you mentioned show unreal potential so why on earth would we sell them to buy a guy who's had 2/3 decent performances.
Gnabry didn’t want to sign a contract so I don’t see the point of crying about selling him. Wenger wanted to keep him, would you rather we let him walk for free?

I don’t believe any of those three have ‘unreal’ potential and replacing one of them at a net spend of 10-15m with a better player would be good business. It’s not like we would lose a Wilshere level talent, these guys are not even on Iwobi’s level.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gnabry didn’t want to sign a contract so I don’t see the point of crying about selling him. Wenger wanted to keep him, would you rather we let him walk for free?

I don’t believe any of those three have ‘unreal’ potential and replacing one of them at a net spend of 10-15m with a better player would be good business. It’s not like we would lose a Wilshere level talent, these guys are not even on Iwobi’s level.
Ceballos has shown absolutely nothing to make us keep him. He's give us about 3 good games at best

This has been so bad signings at all accounts. He hasn't shown a single thing. Maybe he has a lot of talent but most players need time to settle in the league. Its why we shouldn't be doing loan deals. We were just waisting time on developing him for the next team he will go too.

Another massive L for Raul.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Cellabos is the definition of a 5 a side footballer and I don't mean it in a good way. I bet you, he'll always look great playing cage football but when it's on a pitch he leaves a lot to be desired. I don't like the idea of building up another man's trash especially when he hasn't been so great for us. Better than Dennis Suarez but in general he's a waste of money just like his predecessor.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He was starting to settle in tbf.

In a sense this will be like a second season for him so I expect him to be much better.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Problem is that we are replacing those "hype jobs" with yet another hype job......... rather than someone who is good enough for us to build the midfield around.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Cellabos is the definition of a 5 a side footballer and I don't mean it in a good way. I bet you, he'll always look great playing cage football but when it's on a pitch he leaves a lot to be desired. I don't like the idea of building up another man's trash especially when he hasn't been so great for us. Better than Dennis Suarez but in general he's a waste of money just like his predecessor.

What is this disrespect. He was in the winning midfield of the U-23 Euro's, he was incredible breaking through at Betis, he was picked up by Real...you're talking like he doesn't know how to kick a ball more than 10 yards.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Problem is that we are replacing those "hype jobs" with yet another hype job......... rather than someone who is good enough for us to build the midfield around.
At the very least we will be raising the baseline quality of the team for cheap. I’m not saying he’s a world beater but he’s clearly better than most of our options in midfield and is worth keeping imo.

scytheavatar

Established Member
At the very least we will be raising the baseline quality of the team for cheap. I’m not saying he’s a world beater but he’s clearly better than most of our options in midfield and is worth keeping imo.

Raising the baseline quality of the team marginally. At a time when the quality of the team in midfield is utter ****. We will never get anywhere without signing at least a Partey level midfielder, and our ability to do that will be hampered greatly if we sign Ceballos.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Raising the baseline quality of the team marginally. At a time when the quality of the team in midfield is utter ****. We will never get anywhere without signing at least a Partey level midfielder, and our ability to do that will be hampered greatly if we sign Ceballos.
I didn’t know that we couldn’t buy other players if we wanted to buy Partey. If it came down to it, I’d much rather we signed Partey than Ceballos of course but that’s why I suggested that we could sell a player to fund a move in the first place?

scytheavatar

Established Member
I didn’t know that we couldn’t buy other players if we wanted to buy Partey. If it came down to it, I’d much rather we signed Partey than Ceballos of course but that’s why I suggested that we could sell a player to fund a move in the first place?

Sell who? How many players in our squad are worth big money? To sign Partey would probably already take us selling a few players. Don't expect our net spending in the summer to be a positive number, it will be hard to explain to our players what they took that 12.5% paycut for if they see us spend big money on signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom