• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcahill

This has been so bad signings at all accounts. He hasn't shown a single thing. Maybe he has a lot of talent but most players need time to settle in the league. Its why we shouldn't be doing loan deals. We were just waisting time on developing him for the next team he will go too.

Another massive L for Raul.

I don't understand the logic behind blaming Raul for this. Raul got us a highly regarded, first team quality midfielder on a cheap loan, so we could put off buying one until this season and address other squad gaps.

Hardly Raul's fault that Dani struggled in English football. Hindsight is 20/20.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I don't understand the logic behind blaming Raul for this. Raul got us a highly regarded, first team quality midfielder on a cheap loan, so we could put off buying one until this season and address other squad gaps.

Hardly Raul's fault that Dani struggled in English football. Hindsight is 20/20.

We would have qualified for the CL last season if Ramsey didn't get injured. Common sense would have told us that replacing Ramsey is the biggest squad gap in the summer and nothing else should be a higher priority. The chance to sign Partey was there for the taking, so why did Raul go for the cheapskate option instead? Also any Madrid fan could have told you how frustratingly inconsistent Ceballos is and how he's not good enough.

tcahill

We would have qualified for the CL last season if Ramsey didn't get injured. Common sense would have told us that replacing Ramsey is the biggest squad gap in the summer and nothing else should be a higher priority. The chance to sign Partey was there for the taking, so why did Raul go for the cheapskate option instead? Also any Madrid fan could have told you how frustratingly inconsistent Ceballos is and how he's not good enough.

I'd argue that we had four big squad gaps last season, LB, CM, CB and winger. We spent big on winger and LB, and so had to go cheap on CB and CM.

Dani played well for Betis and Spain, and true, he was inconsistent for Madrid, but he was also a squad player for his entire time there. When I looked at Madrid forums when the loan deal was announced, most were saying he was talented and would help us, but wasn't good enough to start in front of Kroos or Modric.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I'd argue that we had four big squad gaps last season, LB, CM, CB and winger. We spent big on winger and LB, and so had to go cheap on CB and CM.

Dani played well for Betis and Spain, and true, he was inconsistent for Madrid, but he was also a squad player for his entire time there. When I looked at Madrid forums when the loan deal was announced, most were saying he was talented and would help us, but wasn't good enough to start in front of Kroos or Modric.

That's the problem, we should be filling our squad with players that Madrid would love to nab from us. We should be filling our midfield with players on the level of Modric and Kroos. Why have we become a club that accepts players who are not good enough and then pretend they are better than they actually are?

There is a fact which fans and our board are in denial of: you can have a front 3 of Neymar/Mbappe/Messi and they are going to underperform if they need to rely on Xhaka getting the ball to them. What was the point in having a good front 3 if your midfield sucks? There never was a hole in our squad as big as our midfield.

Signing Ceballos is signing another player on the level of Guendouzi and Torreira. How many of these players do we need to have in our team?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Think we'd be missing a trick by not signing him now he's acclimatised to the league and Arteta. This guy can ball.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
This mini season should be his trial by fire. He's fit, Arteta seems to trust him, he said he wants to play consistently in an Euros year and in the current market Madrid would potentially sell him for peanuts. It's all up to him to earn his place, still think he can do it and we probably need 2 midfielders so snapping one up earlier would be nice.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This mini season should be his trial by fire. He's fit, Arteta seems to trust him, he said he wants to play consistently in an Euros year and in the current market Madrid would potentially sell him for peanuts. It's all up to him to earn his place, still think he can do it and we probably need 2 midfielders so snapping one up earlier would be nice.

Is that your dog, or just a dog? (It's a nice dog)

scytheavatar

Established Member

Madrid is not Barca, Perez is a good businessman and have been running the club competently. They are not in the position where they need to sell Ceballos for peanuts if they don't want to.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This guy isn't good enough for a top club. Arsenal fans seem to think having a nice touch is enough to make you a top midfield player. In reality his passing is average, he can't defend and has the athleticism of a 60 year old chain smoker. Guys had about 3 good games and people want us to drop money on this guy, then wonder why we are rubbish.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Madrid is not Barca, Perez is a good businessman and have been running the club competently. They are not in the position where they need to sell Ceballos for peanuts if they don't want to.
That's the key I guess. Zidane dislikes him, he wants regular playtime and he's already settled here. They would be in a situation where they don't want the player and the player doesn't want to be there, those kind of things always drop the price.
When I say peanuts I'm not saying 5-10M just not the 50m or so quoted months ago.
Is that your dog, or just a dog? (It's a nice dog)
It's just a cute internet dog sadly:
8FR3S5R.png

Hoping to get a golden in the near future though.

truth_hurts

25m for Ceballos would be an absolute snip. I've made 25m up, but seeing as we've paid a loan fee and considering football finances are all over the place at the moment, that would seem a fair fee. El Nenny, Mkhi and Özil out in the next 12 months with Ceballos, new CM and the likes of Willock, Guendouzi and Smith Rowe developing fills me with confidence. Jury is out with Torreria and Xhaka.

truth_hurts

Partey, Torreria and Ceballos on paper would be very tasty. Yes it lacks goals, but technically, athletically and IQ wise it's great. That said, we only own one of those players and he's constantly linked to moves abroad!

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Partey, Torreria and Ceballos on paper would be very tasty. Yes it lacks goals, but technically, athletically and IQ wise it's great. That said, we only own one of those players and he's constantly linked to moves abroad!

That sounds like a horrendous three. Not one of them is willing to run off the ball, get forward, break the lines. Torreira does it, but he's not the most effective in the final third. Firm no from me.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
This guy isn't good enough for a top club. Arsenal fans seem to think having a nice touch is enough to make you a top midfield player. In reality his passing is average, he can't defend and has the athleticism of a 60 year old chain smoker. Guys had about 3 good games and people want us to drop money on this guy, then wonder why we are rubbish.

This. Sense at last.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeh we shouldnt be signing him, he's not the right profile we need in midfield. We dont have the money to sign two.
Exactly, he's not a bad player. The problem is that he's not what we need at present. We need a Partey-like midfielder

scytheavatar

Established Member

Defending is actually the best thing about Ceballos, and I would argue he easily defends much better than Guendouzi for one. But yeah his passing isn't good enough to make him a DLP we can rely on, so where he fits into the team I have no idea.

nick gould

I agree with you on his passing and Athleticism. But I would say his passing is above average. I would say the fact that he is press-resistant should count for something. You guys have complained about lack of a press-resistant in our ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom