• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I thought he was good. Very busy and barely lost the ball. Admittedly, he didn't offer much going forwards.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He was alright today - honestly, I actually rate his work-rate and tackles more than his passes and dribbles :lol:. He puts in a shift and I can always respect that, but he's not as progressive as I'd like him to be.
Maybe you're asking too much if you want a player who has the same work rate as he does but is also our main playmaker. That's basically Paul Scholes only without the goals. If a player like that exists today, we're probably talking about 70-100m bracket.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yesterday was about doing the hard yards. when the legs burn and still going strong. It's fair to say dani done that. He wants the ball as well and is happy to take it in tight areas. Still firmly in the there is a baller in there camp.

A poor domestic campaign, 3 managers, a new country and injuries havent made this season easy for him.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't like him at all. I cringe everytime he gets the ball in a defensive situation.

We'd be better off trying to fix Guendouzi.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Sorry, I don't follow German football that much but I would guess that they were a mid table club in a league that is less intense than the PL. That's why I'm always saying that Xhaka is a good player to keep us in EL, but for anything more than that we would need an upgrade. I don't buy that story because when you play top teams it's usually not enough that someone will cover for your flaws, every player needs to be great at something and at least good at other stuff.
That is why I always give advantage to Torreira compared to others here, amazing ability to win the ball with decent balling skills, basically what you would expect from your DMC. You know that his partner needs to be a more mobile technical player, but with Xhaka and Ceballos, you have no idea what their partner should bring.
It's not always the case that the 2 midfielders need to be different. We've seen with top Spanish teams that the two midfielders can function if they are technically superior even if they are not ball winners, but Xhaka and Ceballos are nothing like that
I was tipped on Torreira sox months before we signed him and I'd keep him if possible. I'd sell all senior midfielders apart from him and Guendouzi. I only watched Xhaka highlights when we were linked and I cant compare him here to his time in Germany as our system was so different/non existent. For me, he was a Gazidis/Stat DNA buy that doesn't suit us. I cant compare him to any player Graham or Wenger (pre 2016) used. I agree with you on Ceballos. For me, both players would do better if we played a three man midfield and they were given a free role. We sort of did that with Ramsey and without top players, its not sustainable long term. As that's not happening, I'd move on from both with no hard feelings.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Do we have an option to keep him for another season? Tbh if Real don't want him back yet then staying with us would make sense. I don't think we've seen enough to decide either way, he's been good recently that's for sure. A proper season playing regularly for us would help us and Real.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I think that if your reaction to Ceballos is to want to loan him again, you're implicitly saying he isn't good enough.

I think we should try to loan him again not because hes not good enough, but because we're only starting to see him now with a few starts in a row in a consistent formation and we don't know how good he really is to go splurging 30 million on him. Its a good solution for both us and Madrid as they don't include him in their future plans. A loan deal with an option to buy for next season is the best .... especially considering that with him we already need at least another midfielder. Like if he keeps performing and improving like he has been he'd be a good purchase but where in the fk do we get cash from if we want Partey as well.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Maybe you're asking too much if you want a player who has the same work rate as he does but is also our main playmaker. That's basically Paul Scholes only without the goals. If a player like that exists today, we're probably talking about 70-100m bracket.
:lol: I didn't say I wanted a player who has the same work-rate, I said I respected it. I'm just not having Ceballos personally, he's been very decent last few games but I ultimately don't think he takes us forward personally and given he's only a loan signing, I don't think we should be bringing him in permanently. I haven't been that impressed with him at other points this season. I would even be hesitant to bring him on a second loan. That said, I'm open to having my mind changed!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s growing on me I have to admit.
Our midfield lacks imagination with both him and Xhaka though.
He spins himself into trouble often too, needs to release the ball a bit quicker but if he stays in the league I’m sure he will get used to that.

Wryer

Odd one. He clearly has that technical ability and creativity. He was near unplayable in his first full home game. Burnley was it?

I'd make a choice between him and Guendozi. Both has similar attributes and profile. Prefer Guendozi myself but his discipline is poor.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Arteta on if he wants to keep Dani Ceballos at the club next season: "Yeah, we are talking to the club. Obviously we don’t own the player, he’s not in our hands so the clubs will need to have a communication & see what we can do" #Arsenal

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I'd like to keep him - he seems to be very passionate and enthusiastic so will put in the effort, hopefully

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Is he willing? That's the question.
Probably on a second loan he might. Everything points to him wanting to go back to Madrid but I think they might just extend his loan for another season. I'm not completely against that idea, but I still think there are limitations in his game that I'd rather us not have to make concessions for all the time. I think while him and Xhaka have formed a relatively decent pairing together, I'm still very much of the opinion that it's a flat midfield that doesn't progress play as well as I'd like them to. There's just a few too many touches and too little dynamism in terms of speed and breaking lines consistently (either through passing or the odd dribble forward).

I'm very "ehh" on him staying admittedly. He's playing well right now, but not enough for me to want him here permanently.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Interesting one with him. Do you buy now while his stock is low or take him on loan again and risk him having a great season, meaning we’d have to pay probably double what we could get him for now. Real would probably take €20m for him at this point. A loan with an option might be worth doing.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Probably on a second loan he might. Everything points to him wanting to go back to Madrid but I think they might just extend his loan for another season. I'm not completely against that idea, but I still think there are limitations in his game that I'd rather us not have to make concessions for all the time. I think while him and Xhaka have formed a relatively decent pairing together, I'm still very much of the opinion that it's a flat midfield that doesn't progress play as well as I'd like them to. There's just a few too many touches and too little dynamism in terms of speed and breaking lines consistently (either through passing or the odd dribble forward).

I'm very "ehh" on him staying admittedly. He's playing well right now, but not enough for me to want him here permanently.

What if you add Partey to that and play a midfield 3? Got a bit of everything there, although we might still lack a bit creatively.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Zidane doesn’t rate him apparently, but he seems on a return to Real.

The big fear would be Zidane leaves by the end of next season and any new manager wanting to integrate Dani into their squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom