• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Feels like only a few weeks ago i was saying sign him up and the doubters were everywhere. Someone giving my stick for highlighting his performance for Spain v Poland in the under 21s which showcased his ability as a complete baller.

Luckily for you everyone likes being reminded of such things!

For the record I also thought he was good ;)

Gunner-Union

How many times does he pick the ball up and you see him looking around but absolutely no one is making runs or losing their marker or becoming available.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
That's somehow true, not that he was good, but everyone else was on another level of poverty

It was a really pretty top all around performance for a pivot. Yes it's Villa but still, the performance in a vacuum was really good. So yeah, he was good, and the rest of the players were pretty poverty. The two assertions are not incompatible. Dani was the best player on the pitch.

Haven't watched enough of Grealish but based on today's performance I wouldn't sign him. We need players who are comfortable operating in between the lines in the #10 space. We actually don't even have one, except for Özil who's finished as we know. So frustrating watching our build up forced into unthreatening positions out wide, and easy to defend, because there is no one capable of offering and receiving in between lines.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I.... don't get the praise for yesterday's performance to be honest, he was one of the better players to be fair, but...

A: First half he wasn't great. He got dragged down by Torreira, but he didn't exactly produce much either.

B: He fell into old habits yesterday which squandered multiple goal opportunities because he was spinning around in the opponents box until someone took the ball from him when it became 4 vs 1. Instead of passing it or taking the shot early.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The bar is so low now it's not even funny. The clamour to sign this guy on based on a few good halves and performances are ridiculous.

He performs well in a low block defensively. He doesn't have to run far. You know why that helps him? Because he is as slow as ****. In a large space he does the exact same thing as Xhaka, dives in and just let's the man go. It makes it look like he tried to do something as if he just runs alongside the player they just pull away and make him look slow. That part Grealish just ran down the wing and Ceballos tried to slide tackle but got no where near him, that will happen al the ****ing time. That will happen to Ceballos, Gendouzi, Torreirs and Xhaka. You know why? Because they are all ****ing slow.

But I can forgive lack of pace and strength if you contribute to the attack in the final third, but that isn't the case. We had the ball, we were playing Villa and he spent most of the time 'looking busy'. That is the exact same thing Guendouzi does, except every now and then Guendouzi actually takes the game and wins it.

There is no final ball from Ceballos, there is no driving, dribbling or even shooting.

How is this forum now ignoring when he loses the ball now? It's the same ****ing **** that Xhaka did and got criticised for. Remember that Sterling chance that he missed with his left foot. That came from Ceballos ****ing around with the ball on the right hand side. He started loads of counter attacks yesterday by dribbling into a penalty area thinking he was a 15 year old playing against 6 year old kids on the play ground and could somehow dribble through.

**** me the bar is low. We don't create anything as we have no creators in central areas. The forwards are constantly showing between the lines. The midfielders just do not pass the ball between players. They go back, they go sideways, they go wide, they go back, they go sideways they go wide CONSTANTLY.

It's a ****ing joke, and if I were Chelsea, I would give Arsenal the ball, force us wide, press Ceballos, hit us on the break. Rinse repeat till they go 3- 0 up.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The bar is so low now it's not even funny. The clamour to sign this guy on based on a few good halves and performances are ridiculous.

He performs well in a low block defensively. He doesn't have to run far. You know why that helps him? Because he is as slow as ****. In a large space he does the exact same thing as Xhaka, dives in and just let's the man go. It makes it look like he tried to do something as if he just runs alongside the player they just pull away and make him look slow. That part Grealish just ran down the wing and Ceballos tried to slide tackle but got no where near him, that will happen al the ****ing time. That will happen to Ceballos, Gendouzi, Torreirs and Xhaka. You know why? Because they are all ****ing slow.

But I can forgive lack of pace and strength if you contribute to the attack in the final third, but that isn't the case. We had the ball, we were playing Villa and he spent most of the time 'looking busy'. That is the exact same thing Guendouzi does, except every now and then Guendouzi actually takes the game and wins it.

There is no final ball from Ceballos, there is no driving, dribbling or even shooting.

How is this forum now ignoring when he loses the ball now? It's the same ****ing **** that Xhaka did and got criticised for. Remember that Sterling chance that he missed with his left foot. That came from Ceballos ****ing around with the ball on the right hand side. He started loads of counter attacks yesterday by dribbling into a penalty area thinking he was a 15 year old playing against 6 year old kids on the play ground and could somehow dribble through.

**** me the bar is low. We don't create anything as we have no creators in central areas. The forwards are constantly showing between the lines. The midfielders just do not pass the ball between players. They go back, they go sideways, they go wide, they go back, they go sideways they go wide CONSTANTLY.

It's a ****ing joke, and if I were Chelsea, I would give Arsenal the ball, force us wide, press Ceballos, hit us on the break. Rinse repeat till they go 3- 0 up.
I get what you mean, but for example, a player like Modric is not fast or anything, but his technical perfection makes up for that. Not sure if Ceballos could develop in that way because I remember Modric when he was 20, he was on another level there already.
If the club decides to keep both Xhaka and Ceballos, I can totally agree with what you're saying and it will be a problem for us, the same goes for Torreira.

Was hilarious in a matchday thread when people were calling for Xhaka to replace Torreira because we couldn't create anything. People here do believe that Xhaka is just a younger and stronger version of Pirlo. Both Xhaka and Ceballos are playing the same role with a different style and without any effect. Easy sideways passing and some diagonal passes to make it look pretty. Can't remember when was the last time any of them made a forward pass

Not sure if I want to keep any of them, even Torreira who I like, struggles in the open space as he did yesterday.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
You'd be praising that performance if it was xhaka.. honestly, no consistency with some of you.

I wouldn't. What are you talking about?

Cebellaos imo has been great for multiple games before this and improved massivly over them. What I've seen yesterday was the resurgence of some of his flaws. (Reasons I don't know. Tired maybe)
That's all I'm saying.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Decent player, but nothing more. Still limited in his ability to impact games.

He is just not athletic enough for the EPL. And it's not like he is Bernado Silva, David Silva or Cazorla level technician.

Won't mind another season loan as he has shown growth under Arteta, but we still need two more midfielders. You can't really go anywhere with Xhaka and Ceballos as your main options.

They don't have a high ceiling as players, they are limited physically and athletically without being supreme technicians with a high football intelligence like a Pirlo, Xavi or Iniesta (although Iniesta was pretty agile in his prime).

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Only on AM do people love writing full blown essays about how sh*t/not suited our players are :lol:

You guys are all spoilt and miserable.
Do I think Ceballos is decent and has scope to grow? Yes
Do I think Ceballos is perfect? No
Do we need to sign another CM if we can? Definitely

No need to cry let’s just see what happens he may even go back to Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom