<

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by krengon, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shalmaneser V

Shalmaneser V Well-Known Member

I could’ve sworn that’s a Ronaldo quote from an old interview.

2. Marjorie

Marjorie Thread Monopolizer

Ceb has been one of our best players recently since the restart.

3. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Ceballos has low football IQ and plays poorly when he has no space to operate...... his effectiveness is inversely proportional to how close he is to his opponent's goal. Arteta is setting himself up to be disappointed if he thinks he can turn Ceballos into an AMC.

FreddieLjungberg likes this.
  4. scytheavatar

And we are a mixed bag since the restart so who cares? Important thing is that Ceballos is a mid table player and we are setting ourselves to be a midtable club if we are content with his level.

FreddieLjungberg likes this.
  5. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

I probably shouldn't reply since it seems pretty clear you have an agenda but the first sentence is kind of funny. Dani's strengths are maneuvering in short spaces. He has demonstrated this for a number of teams from the beginning of his career and is demonstrating it now. He definitely does not have low football IQ either haha. That said, the second sentence is true, Dani is not a final third player and is absolutely not going to be effective as our most offensive midfielder and link between midfield and attack.

6. scytheavatar

Ceballos's strengths are maneuvering in short spaces to make sideward and backward passes. Why are we struggling to break our opponent's down? Precisely because of players like Ceballos.

7. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

Right, could be that...or could be that we play without any creative attacker to link midfield and attack whatsoever, haha.

Dani can't pass it forward if there's no one to pass it to. He's done a fine job without having any willing recipient in between lines ahead of him as a pivot player. Villa a perfect example. Imagine having Lacazette and Nketiah as the main players offering ahead of you in between lines. Good luck.

8. Big Weng 4 LYF bby

Big Weng 4 LYF bby Active Member

Big fan of Ceballos. How incredibly depressing is it that the player with the most technical ability on our team and probably our best midfielder is on loan from Madrid lol.

Makingtrax likes this.
  9. Marjorie

Marjorie Thread Monopolizer

Good today?

10. Camron

Camron Established Member

Great. Top defensive contributions solid on the ball. Now rested for the final.

11. akhil

akhil Well-Known Member

Thought he way worse from his earlier games. Played some stupid passes and was getting bullied a decent amount losing the ball right in front of the back 4.

12. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

He's a good player. Good enough for us.

Mrs Bergkamp, Impact and Trilly like this.
  13. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

Least.of our problems.

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I think next season if he stayed will be great us specially if we added a good midfielder since restart he been perfect

15. akhil

akhil Well-Known Member

I like him a lot, just thought he didn't have a good game. Making him permanent is a no brainer if we can afford it.

Jury likes this.
  16. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I liked what bits I saw him doing defensively for us. Showed good positioning and awareness. Stuff he's not really noted for, so that has to be good.

17. nick gould

nick gould Well-Known Member

been good at intercepting the ball. His confidence is growing. It's his first season here. I would keep him as a number 8.

18. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He seems alright. Better than Douzi and basically any other option we have anyway

19. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

I still find him lacking.

20. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

I like him and and you see him looking for a good forward attacking pass but our players off the bAll movement is atrocious. Def would like to get him as I think he will be even better next season but do need to get Other better players all over

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.