• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Ceballos further forward is going to make us very sterile. He's best as we're using him now, as a deep lying playmaker who gets on the ball often and dictates play, and occasionally makes an incisive pass from deep (as vs. Liverpool or Leicester last season). He's Arteta's 'brain' and that's where we're going to get the best out of him, a Ceballos-Thomas pivot is quite balanced in the 4-3-3/3-4-3 set-up, I wouldn't really consider him in the conversation of players that will regularly be taking up positions in the 10 space (Saka, Willian, Lacazette--ugh--and ESR).

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We're in a mild panic that we won't be able to sign him in the summer but with rumours that Madrid want Aouar, can he and Dani actually play together in their system? I think both are an option for us but it will be interesting to watch both this season.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
We're in a mild panic that we won't be able to sign him in the summer but with rumours that Madrid want Aouar, can he and Dani actually play together in their system? I think both are an option for us but it will be interesting to watch both this season.

Why not? Aouar-Ceballos-Thomas is a very balanced midfield for a top club, especially if we continue to evolve into a more protagonistic style.

Aouar is not a natural 10 himself at this point, the big d0ubt on him is whether he can create enough to be an effective 10, or whether he needs to improve a bit defensively and just be a creative 8. So Aouar alongside a relatively creative deep lying playmaker (Ceballos) and a do it all midfielder (Thomas) is probably the best use for him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Why not? Aouar-Ceballos-Thomas is a very balanced midfield for a top club, especially if we continue to evolve into a more protagonistic style.

Aouar is not a natural 10 himself at this point, the big d0ubt on him is whether he can create enough to be an effective 10, or whether he needs to improve a bit defensively and just be a creative 8. So Aouar alongside a relatively creative deep lying playmaker (Ceballos) and a do it all midfielder (Thomas) is probably the best use for him.
As I said, that trio is an option for us and it was what I hoped we could pull off. My point is whether Madrid would want both. If not, we probably have a better chance of keeping Dani.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If he continues playing the way he's doing, it could put him out of our price range by ending of the season.

Hopefully Zidane's hatred for him continue to grow.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
As I said, that trio is an option for us and it was what I hoped we could pull off. My point is whether Madrid would want both. If not, we probably have a better chance of keeping Dani.

Oh **** mate, I totally misread that post, sorry! Thought you were talking about with us.

Nah, there's no way back for Dani at Madrid, IMO...a ton of things would have to happen (Zidane sacked, new manager selling Casemiro and Kroos, not rating Valverde, etc.--a couple of those might happen but all very unlikely).

Aouar could go there, yeah, but I also think that even next summer money is going to be very tight and they want Mbappé, Haland, Camavinga, and a CB to replace Ramos. Doubtful they'll be able to fit Aouar into that but we shall see. Not too worried, definitely not worried about Ceballos who we should sign next season permanently if we qualify for CL (or maybe even without, given the wages we will be trimming off), and Aouar to them I think is a longshot, anyways there are lots of interesting attacking midfielders out there in the game and if Brahim plays well this season for Milan I wouldn't mind taking him should they go for Aouar, as they can't fit Ødegaard, Aouar, Brahim, Vinicius, Rodrygo all in the same team.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Really like Dani. Strong personality, winning mentality along with his footballing talents. I really hope we can sign him at the end of the season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What's the most people are willing to pay for him?

I'm expecting a pretty good season, we might have to drop like 50M on him.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

not worth it right now.

Doesn't score enough. in fact, he hasn't scored a goal I think.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
He was playing as an 8 for spain last night. Looked great. I don't think a lot of arsenal fans have seen anywhere near the best of Dani. If we give him the opportunity to play higher up the pitch and put good, technically proficient players around him - anyone but Xhaka basically - he'll go up another gear.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I personally would, he has a lot of upside and I don't really obsess over transfer fees I'm a believer of get your man.

He get's the club, we have developed him - when I saw rumours of him costing 25-30mil early in the summer and I thought that was a no brainer.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He was playing as an 8 for spain last night. Looked great. I don't think a lot of arsenal fans have seen anywhere near the best of Dani. If we give him the opportunity to play higher up the pitch and put good, technically proficient players around him - anyone but Xhaka basically - he'll go up another gear.
Agree with all but leave Gunner Granit out of this.

StefanB

€30-40m is a decent price.

Think his potential is massive. With Aouar staying and Partey coming in we should look to switch over to a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-3) with Partey and Ceballos as the driving midfielders behind Pepe, Auba and Willian/Saka.

You'll have two very aggressive and technical ballwinners who also possess the ability to drible out of pressure, shoot or pass. Think it might be a very good combination for us.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He is an Özil with better tekkers, better reading of the play all over the pitch and plays with more heart. Excellent player

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

I so hope Real and Zidane will not rethink him next season and just let him force his way out of the club.

But I fear they're going to **** us over in the summer. Loans without at least an option to buy suck. Can see that be another **** saga next summer that takes way too long.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Just saw a stat that Ceballos was our midfielder who won possession the most for us, and made the most interceptions. It passes the eye test as well tbf, he definitely puts in a defensive shift for us. I genuinely believe the balance of a Ceballos-Xhaka-Partey midfield is perfect.

The extra protection for Xhaka means we'll see him spray more of those laser-like passes into the final third. Because he's been so deep it's been difficult for him to influence the game in an attacking sense, but when you see passes like this one into Pepe;

You're reminded of how much of a weapon his passing really is. Then you have Ceballos who will also flourish, his assist for Nketiah against West Ham, and his almost inch perfect ball for Auba against Sheffield Utd prove his does have a killer pass in him.

Really excited to see how our midfield does. It's just as well our next game is against Citeh. An acid test of course but if we can hang, and potentially outplay those guys, we could be in for an exciting season.

Top Bottom