<

Dani Ceballos: Back For Another Season

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by yousif_arsenal, Sep 4, 2020.

1. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Pre covid it wasnt working, since the restart and formation change he has looked really good. Better version of jorginho

2. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

He lost form for a while and overdid a lot of things. After he simplified his game he went up a level and so did our midfield. He didn’t deserve to be on the losing side away to Spuds, he was excellent that day.

I’d like him to score a few more goals. He’s capable and has fantastic technique. Pleased we have him for another season but would’ve preferred to keep him permanently.

celestis, SA Gunner and bingobob like this.
  3. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

If Pires got Hleb pregnant and they had bottom baby, Ceballos would be that baby. Shades of both players in Ceb.

CaseUteinberger, Trilly and Pop Tart like this.
  4. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Look forward to his bond strengthening with the prophet Mikel so that he only envisions his future at the carpet.

CaseUteinberger and Macho like this.
  5. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

I’m glad he’s back myself. Any one with tenacity and drive such as him is welcome in my book. Really got us going in the final third of our season and he’s still young too.

CaseUteinberger and Pop Tart like this.
  6. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Unknown Member

Technical quality few in the league can match. Need him in midfield with Xhaka and Partey :drool:

7. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Moronic incident in the pre-match warm-up aside, it's clear to see from Ceballos' cameo that he is ready to pick up where he left off last season.

That moment where he sold the defender, nutmegged him and then Cruyff turned and found Bellerín with the backheel, absolutely sublime.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  8. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Hopefully no bad blood with Eddie these things happen in trainings most the time tho.

9. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Came on and we looked instantly more sexy. Obviously going to be a big part of anything we achieve this season.

10. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

11. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

He looked razor sharp today. It's only Fulham, but you can see him quality.

12. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Different level of quality. He looks like he is physically bigger as well.

truth_hurts likes this.
  13. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Unknown Member

Partey is needed far more than Aouar to add a physical mobile presence to the midfield. Dani has the talent to support the attack as an 8.

Ceballos/Xhaka/Partey has beautiful balance, I hope we get to see it.

buji banton, Pyres7, Macho and 4 others like this.
  14. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Unlikely we will if we play 3 at the back. We would have to play a 4 which we could do against small teams.

15. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

He receives the ball and its always about looking forward and going with purpose. Him, Partey and Aouar would be my preferred midfield three. Hes certainly picked up where he left off and it will be great if he can perform well the whole season.

16. Pop Tart

Pop Tart Well-Known Member

Smoother than a cashmere codpeice

17. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

He really is quality on the ball. Good with both feet. Turn quickly with it. He always moves to get the ball even in difficult areas.

18. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Indications are he could have a breakout season this ting... if he gets on the pitch

Taylor Gang Gunners likes this.
  19. AberGooner

AberGooner Well-Known Member

Quite like that he seems to have a bit of ****housery to his game. Type of player who could annoy the opposition and we need more of that.

20. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

You have to assume if he continues how he finished last season we will buy him. Maybe we'll even bid in January or before seasons over.

Wonder what the longer term plan is. Xhaka and Ceballos seems kind of redundant and doubt either would be happy with rotation roles