<

Dani Ceballos: Back For Another Season

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by yousif_arsenal, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Could it be that he was simply unfit during Emery's tenure? Lad is bang on quality and has been incredibly sharp in both initial games for us since joining from Madrid.

2. Taneruit

Taneruit Well-Known Member

No. Not that his abilities weren't quality at the time, but Emery simply couldn't use him right/bring the best out of him.

Arteta focused on coaching him post-lockdown, often concentrating on him during games. As I said before I'll probably never get DANI DANI DANI out of my head. It paid off.

SingmeasongSong and celestis like this.
  3. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Think the entire squad was unfit as was evident during Arteta's initial analysis and insistence on a mid-season training camp. Not saying Emery set up Dani for success but ultimately he's such a quality footballer that I think under most circumstances, he will perform. Obviously didn't until Arteta, but maybe he was unfit? Just a thought.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  4. Taneruit

Ehh, I dunno. Even during post-lockdown his worst performance was first half against Villa where Arteta was more hands-off with him.

In terms of individual quality I agree. In terms of decision making and discipline I think he improved a lot under Arteta.

I also think that's/was the reason he's not highly rated by Zidane. Your view on it may be different, of course.

EmeryCouldnt and Gooner416 like this.
  5. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Didn't Emery usually play him in a pressing 10?

He's clearly a deep playmaker really, he's kinda like a less skillful more aggressive Xabi Alonso...wonder if Unai would have played Xabi in attacking midfield :lol:

TakeChillPill likes this.
  6. Taneruit

Emery played Torreira in a 10, says it all really.

Always wondered if he got that idea from Chelsea when they played Kante in a 10. :lol:

7. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

He’s always been an attacking midfielder to be fair. It’s actually Arteta playing him out of position - with loads of hands on coaching like mentioned above.

8. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

It’s where he made his name. Attacking midfielder or very attacking no.8 for Real Betis and Spain U21.

Not sure where or how he played for Madrid.

Ibadan, EmeryCouldnt and GoonerJay24 like this.
  9. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

He’s going to take the piss this season. The youtube compilations are going to be mad!

@Riou you give a player of his talent a second chance to play as an 8/10. Don’t think we can draw too many conclusions from his first stint there.

Riou likes this.
  10. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Agreed, still prefer him deeper though...hope we can eventually transition away from a 10 though in a 3 man midfield, would like a 6 with 2 attacking 8s like City in hopefully the near future.

Looking at his stats he has quite low numbers, even at Betis...did he play as a number 10 there?

Think Dani is a quality player, think he is our best midfielder from a deep position...if we signed Partey it would be Dani to play next to him for me.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  11. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Agree, a bit like cazorla at CM

12. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

13. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

He really is nice on the ball.

Pop Tart likes this.
  14. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

Could always shift to 3-5-2 with Lacazette replaced by a AM

OSBK and Pyres7 like this.
  15. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

One of the best games I've seen of him, no more spinning top motions, this is the ceballos I thought we signed originally...

16. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Yeah that s true I swear I heard it first half:lol: wtf

17. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

And the lockdown helped Ceballos hear Artetas instructions, instead of being drowned by the crowd noise.

18. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

Did Arteta tell him to do all that?

truth_hurts likes this.
  19. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Deserves a goal. Lacazette should be trying harder to get on the end of that.

20. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Actually the one great benefit we had during those covid times .

Arteta was already having a hard time with the players to adjust to a completely new level of tactical play, given that he's never had any kind of pre-season or really a few weeks to do some stuff due to our nightmare schedule, the ability to interfere during the game without fans has been vital