• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Guendouzi is not on Ceballos's level............. there is absolutely nothing Guendouzi can do better than Ceballos. He doesn't defend better, doesn't pass better, doesn't play with more intelligence or creativity, doesn't have more strength, doesn't perform more consistently..........

Ceballos doesn't really do anything of the things you mentioned to a high standard either. He's had a handful of good games since being here, there isn't much in it between the pair of them.

It's not really that relevant as neither are starters, or should be considered starters. Both are fine as squad players, so go with the cheaper option.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If you end up keeping Guendouzi on a new deal, why would you then go and spend 20m on Ceballos when they’re very similar players with similar weaknesses?

Apart from being young and wanting the ball (even in tight spaces), there are very few similarities between the styles of he two players.

Guendouzi is an energetic, box to box type with a large passing range. Positionally naive, but great on the press.

Ceballos is a playmaker, who is very happy to take the ball under pressure. He's a fairly progressive passer. He has a far superior technical ability to Douzi but is slower on the ball and lacks the drive.

In terms of type - Partey, Ceballos and Douzi would be a quality flat 3. For some games though, you play Douzi or Ceballos deeper, with Partey driving and a playmaker.

Realistically though, we probably sell Douzi and buy Ceballos. It's a shame because we need more mobility in midfield.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Ceballos seems like the odd man out. He just seems lightweight in every way. The flashes of technique are great but there's just that little something missing. Some have said that they'd like to see him next to Partey and so would I, but we can't try everyone next to Partey to see if they improve. He's been here two years and his memorable games barely fill one hand.

Pop Tart

Established Member
El Neny has had more good games than him this season. Obviously Dani is a potential baller but if your funds are limited and your team is maybe finishing 10-15th, I rather cut him and try something else.

Over 2 seasons he simply hasn’t shown anything.
Shown more hairstyles then good games.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Probably better to save the money for more assured talent and Guendouzi could probably come back and easily fill his position which means we're 100% going to buy him, probably offer £40 Mil and £150k a week then shoehorn him into every game.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
This is the problem when you judge players on a game by game basis. No one was thinking about Dani until his little ‘ masterclass’ against Leeds. I bet you any money if he disappeared like he usually does, there would be no talk of a new contract. In 2 years he’s had about 3 or 4 standout games at best.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is the problem when you judge players on a game by game basis. No one was thinking about Dani until his little ‘ masterclass’ against Leeds. I bet you any money if he disappeared like he usually does, there would be no talk of a new contract. In 2 years he’s had about 3 or 4 standout games at best.

It was the same last season, no one was bothered about him until he went on that wee run of good games post lockdown. Then he reverted to type and all of a sudden one good game after half a year and people are back saying 20 million would be a good investment on a player who's shown up 5 times in a year and a half. :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He was one of our better players in project restart tbh. The stats even back this up, this 5 good games or less theory simply isn't true and mostly recency bias.

With that 20 mil though maybe we could take a chance on someone from ligue 1. Or "play the kids/Azeez".

Really makes zero difference whichever of these options we pick really.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Don't think he wants to stay, feel he would rather join a midtable club in warm Spain than play for a midtable club in England

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The issue with Ceballos is that he only gets a run when Partey is out, even then he has missed out to Elneny. I'd like to see him played with Partey in games where we are more likely to be dominant. He's a hot & cold player but how much of that is down to not getting a run is hard to tell. After last seasons restart he was one of our best players, he played regularly all the way through to winning the FA Cup and gave consistent performances. There is definitely a very good player in there, he's only 24. I hope Arteta keeps playing him while Partey is out and possibly keeps him in when Partey returns.

moloso

El Neny has had more good games than him this season. Obviously Dani is a potential baller but if your funds are limited and your team is maybe finishing 10-15th, I rather cut him and try something else.

Over 2 seasons he simply hasn’t shown anything.

Lol which games?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't think he wants to stay, feel he would rather join a midtable club in warm Spain than play for a midtable club in England

People are acting like Ceballos is the best we can get. You can find a faster more athletic version of Ceballos for the same price. Why buy him just because he has been around for two seasons?

If we want to improve then we improve on the inconsistent physically lacking players.

Laca, Xhaka, Bellerin and Ceballos. If we replaced those 4 players with consistent physical contributors, we would be challenging for top four.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
People are acting like Ceballos is the best we can get. You can find a faster more athletic version of Ceballos for the same price. Why buy him just because he has been around for two seasons?

If we want to improve then we improve on the inconsistent physically lacking players.

Laca, Xhaka, Bellerin and Ceballos. If we replaced those 4 players with consistent physical contributors, we would be challenging for top four.

One of the players most similar to Ceballos stats wise is Boubakary Soumare, who's a much better athlete, could just buy him instead.

https://fbref.com/en/players/c0617e2b/Dani-Ceballos

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Doesn't matter who we get that's the thing.

We brought a serial CL player and lynchpin from a very good team for 45 mil, ended up pushing him on to the pitch, he's currently missed the majority of the season so far and overall has had very little impact.

The club is just what it is, and some of you guys can go round blaming each individual player all you want but it doesn't matter lol.

Modern day Arsenal is horrendous at acclimatising talent from abroad particularly the French league as well, so buy Soumare if you want but it will just be the same story.

The Xhaka hecklers will just add his thread to the rotation after the are done with Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny.

Özil, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Torreira, Guendouzi have left the club, the team is still what it is and people still haven't got the hint.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Doesn't matter who we get that's the thing.

We brought a serial CL player and lynchpin from a very good team for 45 mil, ended up pushing him on to the pitch, he's currently missed the majority of the season so far and overall has had very little impact.

The club is just what it is, and some of you guys can go round blaming each individual player all you want but it doesn't matter lol.

Modern day Arsenal is horrendous at acclimatising talent from abroad particularly the French league as well, so buy Soumare if you want but it will just be the same story.

The Xhaka hecklers will just add his thread to the rotation after the are done with Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny.

Özil, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Torreira, Guendouzi have left the club, the team is still what it is and people still haven't got the hint.

As much as I don't feel we handled the situation right in terms of his injury. Partey has had little impact based on the amount of games, but when he has played, its evident he is our best player.

Personally I feel we should be targeting players like Gravenberch, Camavinga and Soumare. The latter are definitely available. No matter what you say, they won't be in the same bracket as Xhaka as they are not physically insecure. They don't have massive weaknesses in their game.

Quality stands out. ESR does as much off the ball as he does on it. I am sick of seeing players being dribbled past, unable to get to a loose ball, unable to beat a man and drive, losing duels constantly because we lack the technical and physical ability.

Every signing we make needs to be either a mixture of technique and athletic ability or if they lack athleticism they need to have extreme technique.

Ødegaard is the perfect example. He is better than Ceballos technically and he is more agile. I would be all for that signing. However we also need Camavinga and Soumare.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

As much as I don't feel we handled the situation right in terms of his injury. Partey has had little impact based on the amount of games, but when he has played, its evident he is our best player.

Personally I feel we should be targeting players like Gravenberch, Camavinga and Soumare. The latter are definitely available. No matter what you say, they won't be in the same bracket as Xhaka as they are not physically insecure. They don't have massive weaknesses in their game.

Quality stands out. ESR does as much off the ball as he does on it. I am sick of seeing players being dribbled past, unable to get to a loose ball, unable to beat a man and drive, losing duels constantly because we lack the technical and physical ability.

Every signing we make needs to be either a mixture of technique and athletic ability or if they lack athleticism they need to have extreme technique.

Ødegaard is the perfect example. He is better than Ceballos technically and he is more agile. I would be all for that signing. However we also need Camavinga and Soumare.
Until we have a clear identity on the pitch and a manager who knows how to win football matches, I don't think it will matter who the hell we sign in the immediate future.

The Emirates chews and spits out players casually, it's a bit of a joke now. We have no system to integrate anybody into or nothing, so everybody just comes and looks crap instead of looking like Jota or Raphinha.

Only way around this current situation in my opinion is to buy ready made players in their prime or close to from the Premiership who can manage themselves. Otherwise, it's just really pointless.

As technically sound and exciting as Ødegaard is, talking about him in CM is just not serious he's too lightweight. Similar sentiments with Azeez at his age.

akhil

Until we have a clear identity on the pitch and a manager who knows how to win football matches, I don't think it will matter who the hell we sign in the immediate future.

The Emirates chews and spits out players casually, it's a bit of a joke now. We have no system to integrate anybody into or nothing, so everybody just comes and looks crap instead of looking like Jota or Raphinha.

Only way around this current situation in my opinion is to buy ready made players in their prime or close to from the Premiership who can manage themselves. Otherwise, it's just really pointless.

As technically sound and exciting as Ødegaard is, talking about him in CM is just not serious he's too lightweight. Similar sentiments with Azeez at his age.

The more direct solution would be to replace the manager first then wouldn't it. Or have the DoF with a long term view of squad building rather than having it tightly coupled with the manager/coach.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

The more direct solution would be to replace the manager first then wouldn't it. Or have the DoF with a long term view of squad building rather than having it tightly coupled with the manager/coach.
Personally, that would be my solution but it seems he is not going anywhere.

If Arsenal insist on Arteta + Edu then they will need high quality players that will hold them up with minimal input or coaching.

We can't sign players that need development or time for adaptation of any kind anymore, that's all done. We don't have the personnel or infrastructure for it, players just go in the bin if they are not Tierney straight out of the box. Do we have the funds and the pull for this though?

Latest posts

Top Bottom