• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

Zaza

Anyone who blames Ceballos for the goal isn't serious. Leno is 100 percent responsible. Same as against Burnley.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I remember the days when an Arsenal midfielder could take the ball from the keeper or centre backs on a half turn and not lead to a goal. This is similar to the Xhaka incident but this one annoyed me more. Cellabos is right footed, he could have switched the ball out to Bellerin on the first touch instead he overestimated his ability and causes a goal.
This is his second poor outing in Europe. For someone who dreams of Real Madrid he should at least conquer Europa level teams first.

I couldn't find any other gifs or clips but you get my drift. I think it's lazy to blame Leno. I know our midfield is poor but these guys can handle a press. I've seen us do it against City, Liverpool and Leeds so why have we been idiots against Burnley and Olympiakos? It's frustrating because I see us make a move one direction, to only make mistakes I thought we overcame.
Because its unnecessary risk. Any mistake and there is a good chance you can concede a goal. To say they should always beat the press, if all the players could always beat the press. There would be no need to ever press. But that is not the case and never will be.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Though he showed some good signs last year, things have gone down the road this year. I don't see a reason why we would pay to keep him.

Pop Tart

Established Member
His fault or not his season is worse then his first one here. Two errors in last round nearly cost us dearly. Think he also had a error which lead to a goal in the league cup defeat against city? Nothing is standing out that is good this season or in general even though he had a bit of decent form after the first lockdown.

Zaza

rubbish posting btw.
Lool not Ceballos fault. Leno could've passed the ball to the right. I find it interesting no one is talking about how poor Leno is at communicating with his backline/players. Lehman once said this and I'm starting to see why...

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Lool not Ceballos fault. Leno could've passed the ball to the right. I find it interesting no one is talking about how poor Leno is at communicating with his backline/players. Lehman once said this and I'm starting to see why...

In both instances the players could of done something else to not lose the ball. Only the pass to Ceballos is questionable from Leno. Also you have absolutely not idea about Lenos communication.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Barely starts, when he does start, it's rarely a top performance. Why would we want to sign him and why would he want to stay?

I like Ceballos, but this season has been a huge disappointment.

Let's play Aubamawang

A bit harsh that BBC accredited the mistake leading to a goal to Dani. His control was dreadful, but Leno should not have been passing him the ball in that position with at least two opposition players closing down space around him.

I don't think and I hope we don't make his move permanent as he's too inconsistent and we don't need more inconsistency.

But I also wish we kept Emi over Leno. I said at the time that we clearly sold the wrong keeper but folks moaned about experience etc. Those people can't still say Leno is better as Emi has been incredibly consistent unlike Leno, and we didn't make as many mistakes at the back. But when we did, Emi was able to cover for them.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Our best player in the first half creating both chances for Pepe and PEA. Played at a high tempo and worked hard.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The 1st half was good should had assist. But he not helping himself with these bad decisions in Olympiakos goal he had ESR Auba wide open and he chose the wrong decision

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Anyone who blames Ceballos for the goal isn't serious. Leno is 100 percent responsible. Same as against Burnley.
He's a bit unlucky that everytime he loses the ball it results in a goal.

You see it happen to our other midfielders a lot, but they get really lucky. The mistakes in the first leg were far worse.

Whether he has the quality for Arsenal is a different discussion - but yeah I can't get onto his mistakes too much myself.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That is not misfortune, it is being ****.
We've seen Partey, Ødegaard, Xhaka lose the ball in bad areas over the past few weeks and they've gotten away with it.

The only one that doesn't is Elneny really who's eager to get rid of it ASAP and never hangs onto it for long. You could be right though :lol:

Pop Tart

Established Member
We've seen Partey, Ødegaard, Xhaka lose the ball in bad areas over the past few weeks and they've gotten away with it.

The only one that doesn't is Elneny really who's eager to get rid of it ASAP and never hangs onto it for long. You could be right though :lol:
Yeah partey especially but I put that down to mor having any rhythm because of hardly playing consistently for us.

Dani hangs on to the ball far too long, does unesscarily flicks,etc and that is why he gets caught all the time. Should be not be getting any more minutes for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom