• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

goonergaz

I liked him, I liked his effort - I loved he'd actually get a decent tackle in...looked liked he gave a crap more than some of the permanent players at times since he's been here, but it just seems whenever he makes a mistake it costs a goal.

Iceman10

Established Member
But is Bissouma a potentially elite CM? He looks like a good player who could be relatively inexpensive, but how high is his ceiling?

I know he's nowhere near it right now and he may well never get there, and he may be sold first thing in the summer, but I still think Guendouzi's ceiling is that of an elite player. Tall, good frame, stamina, can receive under pressure and pass forwards. It's basically all the tools of an elite modern CM.

Bissouma is a safer bet but I wonder if the rewards aren't so great.

I just put the brakes on calling any player elite but for 30m I don’t think there is a better option out there, probably not even for 40m. I am open to other players around that price (30m) being discussed though.

Regarding Guendouzi, probably best to point you to the Guendouzi thread to look through the last few pages in that thread of comments basically giving up on him and saying we should just cash in. I agree with most of those comments.

Iceman10

Established Member
I'm all for getting him (Rotation + Possible Starter depending on use), but while Bissouma gets brought up a lot he isn't really a replacement for Xhaka. They don't really do the same things. (Very visible if you compare stats)

So for a Xhaka replacement you'd still need someone else. Rodri, Thiago, Jorginho (though better than Jorginho since I don't think that'd be much of an upgrade). Those are the sort of players you'd be looking at.

I’m not looking for a direct replacement for Xhaka, instead just an effective double-pivot overall where I would expect some natural adjustment from Partey when he plays alongside Bissouma when Bissouma takes the more defensive position in the rotation or Xhaka naturally adjusts when Bissouma plays when Partey has to be rested*. Nevertheless, I do see what you mean with certain things Xhaka does that are not always obvious on casual viewing, so this is important discussion overall, and something I hope Edu and others give good consideration to.

(* yes, this means I see Bissouma as being capable of being anything between DM and b2b based on who he plays alongside, something that contributed to me making Bissouma a preferred target signing over the last few months)

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Ceballos looking fit these days.
ExwoPRYXIAEQGbi

dbig

Wanted him gone since the Newcastle game early last season. Hope Arteta doesn't make his move permanent or we'll be saddled with another turd.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
However many goals Xhaka has cost us over the years it shows how bad this guy is when you'd take Granit over him 11 times out of 10.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He poverty Spain New generation is poverty send him back to Madrid he nothing but midtable la liga player

TinFish

Untitled.jpg

life is coming at Dani fast...
Just like how you can identify a council house chav here Dani is the Spanish equivalent. A proper puta.

Needs to go, but then we also need to recruit in the middle as there is no depth in quality there. Unless we accept mediocrity and our stance as a third tier club and bring back products like Willock.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Pop Tart

Established Member
How he keeps getting trusted is beyond me. He has tried for the past three Europa games to get us knocked out. He needlessly does back passes and spins for no reason and loses the ball. Overly flashy. Crap passing, invisible.

I really hate him.

Top Bottom