• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: Time To Saybyeos?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Nice flick for Laca's goal, but he is simply awfully un-athletic. Plus lingers on the ball at times. He combines nicely around the opposition box though. Can do that in tight spaces. Wouldn't like him as a permanent signing though.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'd say he's had more good games than people would like to admit, but there is also enough evidence to say that he won't be good enough if we aim for the top 4/6.
One thing is to compare him to the likes of Elneny and Xhaka where he would maybe look decent, and the other is to compare him to Modric and Verrati. We just need better players to move forward, but I still believe he will have a decent career somewhere else

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Even in a poor season:

Tbh, there's no excuse for Elneny ever starting above Dani when Thomas is the partner (with Xhaka that midfield lacks athleticism and defensive solvency, so I can understand--seen in Dani's lack of pressures/pressure regains). He's got to improve defensively (positioning so to not be eliminated so easily-- isolated mistakes that he's made both in possession and defending), but still, there are levels, and Dani is just a better player than Elneny, and Elneny being chosen over him with Thomas just reeks of over-conservativism from Arteta, something he has suffered from a good bit.

Dani and Xhaka against lower table sides also should be chosen over Elneny. In short, Arteta in his conservative leanings has chosen Elneny too often, really.

Last edited:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Im not on the DC bangwagon at all but willock is very much not the answer for us. He did some tricks against actual farmers and thats it. His performances for newcastle have been very hit and miss, he has a knack for a goal but he wont get 10-15 a season.

We deffo need something. Whilst im all for youth, we cannot afford to give the top teams anither 2-3 seasons of getting ahead of us.
Willock should be competing with Xhaka to be next off the bench next season while we get a midfield partner for Partey

Melquiades

He seems to have about 1 game a month where he's really involved and making things happen (usually against a mediocre opponent) and then goes back to being totally ineffective for another 3-4 matches after that.

OSBK

Established Member
Willock should be competing with Xhaka to be next off the bench next season while we get a midfield partner for Partey

Why would we want willock warming a bench. Surely we need players on the bench challenging for the starting spot and not a place on the bench

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Why would we want willock warming a bench. Surely we need players on the bench challenging for the starting spot and not a place on the bench
We will probably only be able to afford one starting mid in the summer unless we sell well. Just have to use what we already have afterwards

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He's going to do it again. Come in to form at the right time.
Yeah but it's a bit annoying.

Frankly he's been dogsh!t for most of the season, so when you see the quality it's frustrating.

Should we risk up to 25M - 30M on him? I don't think so, but hopefully he can be useful especially in the EL.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He ran a lot and was tenacious in defence but he killed a few attacks too. So many times, he tried to press but he's so slow that he didn't get near the ball. Elneny does the same. I don't see tonight as a game for plaudits. It was just typical without errors.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Yeah but it's a bit annoying.

Frankly he's been dogsh!t for most of the season, so when you see the quality it's frustrating.

Should we risk up to 25M - 30M on him? I don't think so, but hopefully he can be useful especially in the EL.
If he scored the winner in the final, I'd name a stand after him.

Realistically though, we should not be buying him.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom