• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why are we still talking about Wenger anyway? Is this American Gooner bringing him up so we stop talking about the elephant in the room that it was Emery who took all the decisions last season and most of them just weren't that good.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Areola
Meunier Marquinhos Silva Maxwell
Krychowiak Verratti Motta
Lucas Cavani Matuidi

Not THAT strong of a side either

Okay ours wasnt that strong either...

0spina
Jenkinson Mustafi Koscielny Gibbs
Coquelin Ramsey
Sanchez Özil Iwobi
Giroud

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
9 defensive players against Huddersfield at home, Wenger would never

Dt5jiYuXgAAoUCI

As per usual, we barely escaped with a win. That's the day I went full anti-Emery.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It wasn't an odd bad game in the last two seasons, it was drab most of the time. Don't pretend like people weren't constantly moaning about the quality of play in that period.
Gdeep was being more general than that. He was talking about posters berating fans for complaining. Even when good things happened under Wenger fans always complained and nobody defended the club except me, @GDeep™ , @razörist , @Tir Na Nog (except he’s either reinvented himself or someone’s taken over his identity) and a couple of others :lol:
And @hydrofluoric acid, forgot ;)

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Spanish manager convinces spanish player with help from spanish director to join club, temporarily. Big deal. Finally Emery's limited language capabilities came to good use at least, I'll give him that. I reckon he actually did nothing and we had to do our best to hide Emery's roots from Ceballos, going to be an unpleasant surprise for him.

****. Imagine he finds out one day while sitting on the subs bench in a match. His reaction would create a meme.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
No need to bash Wenger either. Our greatest ever manager.

Just think Emery should be given more than a year. If the football and results are bad next year we find a new head coach. Not the end of the world.

100%. I will always prefer Wenger over any over manager and I'm likely to never enjoy football as much again as under his reign, but Emery has shown me a nice new way and dawn, with games where we've played our hearts out and had some of the most beautiful goals I've ever seen.

Scratch the last 8 games, we've been poverty the last two years most of the time too, which includes the "beautiful game" as well.

As of now, for me, we are going into the new season with 9 new exciting players because I'll compare it to the last third of our season, where we haven't had Holding, Bellerin as well as the assumption we'll finally add a LB and winger.

You'll be better off having Holding+Sokratis+Chambers at the center. You'll be much better off with Tierney and Bellerin on the wings and Willock+Ceballos in the center because those are the positions you, especially with the way Emery plays out of the back, initiate, create and transition your game.

It's also the most vital part as to how we can cope with pressing on the flanks and in the center. It's a completely new side in that sense.

A quality winger will then further help to make it count when we receive possession.

All these things will eventually allow Emery to realize his ideas, not like last season, where he's been cut short in terms of both quality as well as worst-case injuries to two of our most important players in that area.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
9 defensive players against Huddersfield at home, Wenger would never

Dt5jiYuXgAAoUCI

As per usual, we barely escaped with a win. That's the day I went full anti-Emery.
Forgot about this lineup as I was at a Christmas Party.

Putting out that Team is a sackable offence

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Gdeep was being more general than that. He was talking about posters berating fans for complaining. Even when good things happened under Wenger fans always complained and nobody defended the club except me, @GDeep™ , @razörist , @Tir Na Nog (except he’s either reinvented himself or someone’s taken over his identity) and a couple of others :lol:

I wasn't a member at that time so can't really comment who said what about Wenger. I generally believe though, that criticism of a manager should mainly be his role as a manager. Unless of course he does something outside the scope of his role that deserves criticism on a personal level. Fans in general do this all the time though. When the results or the football turns ugly, they start to ridicule/insult/demean etc. You can still criticise his work, no one has issues with that.

It is the same mentality that saw some of our fans laugh at Wenger when he fell down at that train station. They had enough of him as a manager but couldn't wait to mock and ridicule him.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Nah, @GDeep™ directed his comment at me in particular which is nonsense. I'm still waiting for him to produce proof of the claim that I mocked the idea of new signings being convinced to join by Wenger.

Of course Wenger had a certain pull with players that few managers could match, but if every manager had that then it wouldn't have made AW the icon he was. That's why I'm baffled by GDeep's constant line of argument that Emery can't convince players like AW did, because it could easily be said for 99% of the managers in the game.
Why are we still talking about Wenger anyway? Is this American Gooner bringing him up so we stop talking about the elephant in the room that it was Emery who took all the decisions last season and most of them just weren't that good.
GDeep was the one bought Wenger up for no reason again.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I wasn't a member at that time so can't really comment who said what about Wenger. I generally believe though, that criticism of a manager should mainly be his role as a manager. Unless of course he does something outside the scope of his role that deserves criticism on a personal level. Fans in general do this all the time though. When the results or the football turns ugly, they start to ridicule/insult/demean etc. You can still criticise his work, no one has issues with that.

It is the same mentality that saw some of our fans laugh at Wenger when he fell down at that train station. They had enough of him as a manager but couldn't wait to mock and ridicule him.
It’s mainly just banter on here, but those idiots at Stoke train station in 2014 let the club down big time. At the time Wenger was on his way to his 19th top 4 finish and 19th humiliation of Sp**s. The narrative was already in full swing though. Any Arsenal manager could have beaten the 4 clubs outspending us.

Anyway, I don’t think Cellabos is a bad acquisition. Emery has little time to prove himself, so short-termism is maybe in his thinking.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Just had a text from Arsenal to say it’s official! So we have a new good addition to the squad at last, even if it is just a loan.

Beggars can’t be choosers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom