• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The loan was a good move even if we don't get to keep him btw.

Lad was man of the match in an FA cup final. More than worth what we gave up for him.

This is how I feel. I like Ceballos and feel like he’s a player that will be a great midfielder once he learns how to be consistent.

However he did a job for us and is going back, not the end of the world and we shouldn’t even be desperate to sign him.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
AMN in more comparable to Partey. Nothing like Ceballos. He was our Thiago in role. We won't get a player like that. Ceballos even improved a lot defensively.

Losing him is the most painful one for me, we won't get an CM 8 player with technical ability to deal constantly with pressure (because Mr. Static Xhaka can't) good defensively and his engine at the age of 22 and PL experience for 20-25M.

Madrid wanted the money but cheap board wanted the loan. Now they have to spend it anyway in not proved player. Awful move. If I were Auba I wouldn't renew, this board never change
I hear you but maybe we will have to find a slightly different way to play without Ceballos. Partey still needs a back up and AMN can be that but we still need someone else. If we don't buy, I think an existing player will plug thd gap.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Xhaka Partey
Pepe Willian Auba
Laca

And let's forget about Dani if a deal cant be struck.

REWB

lol they changed their minds after seeing him play well against city and winning the FA cup. after seeing themselves against city they are now like "wtf maybe he's better than the old dross we have" :lol:. Especially defensively he might mold into a better DM than Casemiro. Less physical but he's much better technically.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Tbf its not the end of the world in a balancing sense. He, Xhaka and Partey wouldnt be able to play with eachother.

If we get Partey we can pait him with Xhaka behind a 10 or go to a 3 man midfield with a no.8. Even though Ceballos has the ability to be better than Xhaka very soon, he's neither an 8 or 10.

Last edited:

Peterq

They should also review our negotiation team. That Huss dude is so slow. Why every contract took them ages to be sign? :facepalm:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Xhaka Partey
Pepe Willian Auba
Laca

And let's forget about Dani if a deal cant be struck.
Saka Auba Pepe
Beundia Willian
Partey

I'd give this more of a chance to succeed, focus on hard work and ability on the ball and under pressure. I know its not Willian's best position but it would suit us and him better in the team we have. I would be rotating in Nelson a bit as well to take the pressure off Saka and Pepe. Still a bit/very iffy even if we got Partey and Beundia (who we haven't been linked to) and get Auba on to a new contract.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I mean, surely we would've known going into this deal that Madrid might decide to use him if he was successful here? He's not our player, we should have planned for this. I assume we've got an alternative.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I mean, surely we would've known going into this deal that Madrid might decide to use him if he was successful here? He's not our player, we should have planned for this. I assume we've got an alternative.

You'd hope so but we handed messed up so badly last summer, we waitedd until last minute to try and get Upamenco and instead brought in Luiz. We messed up with Partey and brought in... I dont think we brought in anyone. Like Ceballos seemed to have already been in the works so we left ourselves short in midfield.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Saka Auba Pepe
Beundia Willian
Partey

I'd give this more of a chance to succeed, focus on hard work and ability on the ball and under pressure. I know its not Willian's best position but it would suit us and him better in the team we have. I would be rotating in Nelson a bit as well to take the pressure off Saka and Pepe. Still a bit/very iffy even if we got Partey and Beundia (who we haven't been linked to) and get Auba on to a new contract.

That above team isnt what a particularly want. It's what I think we will ultimately have based on a few things. Xhaka is a fav of everyones.

Willian probably wasnt signed to be on the bench. If so what is the point?

Unless we move Auba centre forward which I dont see Arteta doing then we only have a certain number of spaces.

I for one have said I'd prefer Buendia than Coutinho on loan. However I think hes the one you put in front of say Xhaka and Partey. Willian would have to go on the wing or bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom