• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Olmo

Wizzard

According to croation media, Arsenal is interested in spanish youngster Dani Olmo from Dinamo Zagreb. Coming out of Barcas Academy, he joined Zagreb in 2014, even though he was regarded as a big talent in Barcelona.
He can play on both wings and has scored 4 times alongside 5 assists in 17 games in croatias highest league with only 19 years of age.

Ps. Dailystar now reporting, too.

zhaggy

I think this is our transfer strategy, sign promising young players that might turn into stars.
Hopefully with Sven & co we will unearth a couple of gems.

Zaza

So we are practically going back to project youth only with the occasional additional of a "marquee" signing every season?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So we are practically going back to project youth only with the occasional additional of a "marquee" signing every season?
Nope we are rich club unlike 10 years ago but we need to sign young players too so we can build in both sides.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Think this was pretty clear by getting Sven in. Difference now is that we'll likely go on a more Chelsea-like vibe, loaning most of them and bringing back the exceptional ones.

Someone wrote how it's a matter of 2-3 good players out of 10 signings.

We'll probably make some good bank for the next manager with this approach too, who (if this board allows it) would have more money available for the marquee signings/wages.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hm if we want a left-sided prospect I'd go for Pione Sisto. A bit older and more expensive than this Olmo guy, but a lot cheaper than Lemar or Hirving Lozano for example. So good technically, assist king, lovely player.

jpphlst

Hm if we want a left-sided prospect I'd go for Pione Sisto. A bit older and more expensive than this Olmo guy, but a lot cheaper than Lemar or Hirving Lozano for example. So good technically, assist king, lovely player.

Much more expensive. I've followed Sisto for four years as he is from Denmark. His talent is indisputable: Pace, dribbling especially, but he lacks in the combined play. It may come but as for now, with Sanchez leaving, we don't need a new Arshavin.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Much more expensive. I've followed Sisto for four years as he is from Denmark. His talent is indisputable: Pace, dribbling especially, but he lacks in the combined play. It may come but as for now, with Sanchez leaving, we don't need a new Arshavin.

Not near Lemar levels of expensive though? I suppose it depends how he does at the World Cup, could be very expensive after that.

Don't his assists this season indicate his combined play is actually quite good? You've watched him more than me though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Many quality Croatian players came from Dinamo Zegreb academy Kovacic Pcaja if I'm not wrong too

Eduardo_da_Silva

Meh quality of Croatian league is nothing to write home about.

Modric, Mandzukic, Kovacic, Pjaca, Vrsaljko, Kalinic, Srna and many many more talents came from Croatian league.

Dinamo football academy is one of the best in the world and when You take into account there are only 4,5 milion people in Croatia, the ammount of talent we produce is just crazy...

Masterdon

Not really. We should be adopting the
Chelsea model of buying talented young players and sending them out on loan to see who is good enough to make it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom