• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Braaten

KingReyes

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=257843&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Agent+claims+Arsène+interest&channel=Football_Home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... tball_Home</a>

Asterix

Established Member
He's big and strong - he looked OK I thought when we smashed Rosenborg - I think he could offer something good.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Well, Scandinavians generally settle in the premiership pretty quickly, so thats a bonus. Beyond that, I know nothing about this guy.

Soler

Established Member
Wasn't Hoyte the one marking him? He (Justin) had a lot of difficulty with him IIRC.

Asterix

Established Member
Yep, he was playing down the left largely, had a few tricky little turns - was good for drawing a fewfouls from the defence as well. And you're right Gazza, the Scandinavians do settle well - I was just thinking last night it could be a good area to plumb.

siddharth

I'd welcome Daniel Braathen . We really need someone like him upfront especially in tight matches ( Europe :eek:ops: ). If wenger is indeed looking for a physical presence upfront then he should take a close look at John Carew , yeah the one who knocked us out 2 times :eek:ops: . I think he's playing for Besiktas and would be a good signing.

That said if we were to sign such a forward we would need our wingers and fullbacks to put in quality crosses in the box . :?

Soler

Established Member
siddharth said:
I'd welcome Daniel Braathen . We really need someone like him upfront especially in tight matches ( Europe :eek:ops: ). If wenger is indeed looking for a physical presence upfront then he should take a close look at John Carew , yeah the one who knocked us out 2 times :eek:ops: . I think he's playing for Besiktas and would be a good signing.

That said if we were to sign such a forward we would need our wingers and fullbacks to put in quality crosses in the box . :?

Carew is ****, which makes it even more depressing he's knocked us out twice. Tony bloody Popovic kept him quiet in a friendly too.

A

Anonymous

Yeah bu tin his prime Popovic was a good palyer. Its just now hes in his 30' and trying to play in the premier league for the first itme. Its impossible

Mark

Established Member
Well I have to be honest here. I don't remember any Rosenborg players really standing out. Maybe he is good, but I still think we should be aiming higher.

kel varnsen

Established Member
braathen is not bad, but i don't think he is arsenal quality. he is lazy and even though he is 20-something, he still haven't impressed on the pitch over time. overrated and hyped.

btw, john carew is sh*te. no ball control whatsoever!!!

Ziontrain

I watched Braaten play when I lived in Norway the past couple of years. It actually makes sense.

Braaten is not the finished article, but that is quite consistent with Wenger's transfer philosophy - he looks for young guys who can cope technically and athletically and then he moulds their game e.g. Ljunberg, Edu, Henry, Anelka, Toure, Viera.

So ignore the snide comments you may get from some people, even Norwegians. The Norwegian league is mostly kick & rush footbal. They do not have many talents of Braatens athletic (or technical) ability - not do such talents really reach full bloom there. This is why a guy like Solskjær for example looks totally ordinary when playing for Norway.

But at the end of the day, and at the end of the day, that is a critical requirement for a player looking to make the grade at a CL -level team live Arsenal. In contrast the bulk of Norwegian players will top-out of in English lower league or at the Blackburns of the world.

Braaten is a whole different animal - a CL level talent. He has sufferend from not being fit enough and not focusing well, but when you consider that this time last year, he was a PART-TIME football player with lower-league club Skeid, hell that's no surprise. A person who has to go to work everyday before they play football is not going to be in the shape of a porefessional athlete that trains and nothing else.

But the dude is naturally strong as an ox,quick, left footed and willing to learn. Last summer, he suddenly went from norwegian lower league to playing for Rosenborg in the CL - and he never looked out of place. That's really what's important about him.

If you are Wenger and looking for a cheap way to trawl up a striker, Braaten is exactly what you want. The kid has an unlimited upside (I dont say that lightly) and just needs a mentor and the proper context. We have both at Arsenal.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Wasn't Hoyte the one marking him? He (Justin) had a lot of difficulty with him IIRC.

yes but he crossed paths with sol and i have to say sol came out looking pretty silly in trying to knock him off the ball. the only other striker i'v seen do that to sol is yakubu. that said, sol has been having a bad season on all counts.

that little match-up with sol i.e the show of strength there is the sort of thing that impresses wenger which is why i wouldnt be suprised if there was some sort of interest.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Ziontrain said:
I watched Braaten play when I lived in Norway the past couple of years. It actually makes sense.

Braaten is not the finished article, but that is quite consistent with Wenger's transfer philosophy - he looks for young guys who can cope technically and athletically and then he moulds their game e.g. Ljunberg, Edu, Henry, Anelka, Toure, Viera.

So ignore the snide comments you may get from some people, even Norwegians. The Norwegian league is mostly kick & rush footbal. They do not have many talents of Braatens athletic (or technical) ability - not do such talents really reach full bloom there. This is why a guy like Solskjær for example looks totally ordinary when playing for Norway.

But at the end of the day, and at the end of the day, that is a critical requirement for a player looking to make the grade at a CL -level team live Arsenal. In contrast the bulk of Norwegian players will top-out of in English lower league or at the Blackburns of the world.

Braaten is a whole different animal - a CL level talent. He has sufferend from not being fit enough and not focusing well, but when you consider that this time last year, he was a PART-TIME football player with lower-league club Skeid, hell that's no surprise. A person who has to go to work everyday before they play football is not going to be in the shape of a porefessional athlete that trains and nothing else.

But the dude is naturally strong as an ox,quick, left footed and willing to learn. Last summer, he suddenly went from norwegian lower league to playing for Rosenborg in the CL - and he never looked out of place. That's really what's important about him.

If you are Wenger and looking for a cheap way to trawl up a striker, Braaten is exactly what you want. The kid has an unlimited upside (I dont say that lightly) and just needs a mentor and the proper context. We have both at Arsenal.

couldn't disagree more. he's got a lousy attitude and he is a lazy ****. not that talanted either; nowhere near good enough for the arsenal...

Top Bottom