• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Braaten

Dr. Alban

My dad knows the chairman of Braathens former club, Skeid. He said that Braahen's biggest problem was his attitude. They didn't really know what to do with him, and in fact, some of the players and staff in Skeid were happy to see him leave for Rosenborg.

Braathen didn't bother to work hard in training and was completely lazy. He acted like a big star, a primadonna. That's his biggest problem. He's got technical ability and talent, no doubt, but he doesn't behave like a top athlete.

At Rosenborg, tests showed his stamina was poorer than anything they'd ever seen before. They were shocked.

It's a petty that Daniel Braathen lacks the professional attiude - otherwise he could have been a top quality player at an international level.

nnaife

He's definitely got talent but if his attitude isn't focused then he's not the player for us. We really need to add strong determined players to the squad.

We already have too many players who haven't got the right attitude to succeed (Pennant, VanPersie, and to some extent Reyes).

I would be heistant at signing Daniel Braathen.

I look at the attitudes of Robben, C.Ronaldo and Rooney they are all strong willed and focused on their football despite having tons of talent, these are the sort of players wenger needs to bing into the club.

Without the right attitude, talent never quite lives up to its full potential.

nnaife

malagar said:
rooney " the grannyshagger" focused on football dont make me laugh

On the football pitch he certainly is focused, off it he's a ****ing philistine of the most depraved sort.

Ziontrain

I have heard that story about Braaten's fitness. There is some truth to that, yet at the same time I'd take the whole thing with a grain of salt. He is the type of person that Norwegians are always trying to cut down.

For one thing Norwegians are socially very conservative people and the nail that stands out tends to get stamped down. In that respect, anybody who thinks highly of themselves gets a bad "reputation".

But lets put it this way: Braaten is not any more arrogant than Glenn Johnson, Defore Bellamy, Quincy/Van P or any young footballer in England. Norwegians just don't get it: that most young footballers are that way these days. Its really only in Norway that people spend time dwelling on this. But if you look under the covers, some of the young footballers in this league are incredibly arrogant people. Difference is that its London, not Norway - and that sort of stuff is not news here. You get yourself in legal trouble, that's one thing. Otherwise, that's just passé stuff.

On top of which many of the young blackNorwegian footballers tend to get the hard end of the stick. People stereotype all their ability as "God-given", refuse to give them any credit for what they do - and generally look for something to bring them down with.

John Carew for example, is no better or worse than a targetman like Emile Heskey, who is a bona-fide premiership player. Carew has been able to prove himself as a pro in LaLiga and Serie A. Outstanding? No, but certainly good enough to be on the first team squad of teams like Roma and Valencia - something which maybe only 1% OR Norwegian footballers could actually do.

Yet if Carew was in Norway today, he'd be getting all kinds of stick for being "lazy" and all sorts of noise about his off-the-field life, "ego", bla bla bla. He might not even be a starter on a team in Norway - yet he's clearly in the best 1% of their footballers! That's what I mean by Norwegians being very negative and difficult towards these guys. There is some subtle negativity towards some of their locally born black footballers.

So I personally wouldn't put much stock in people trying to bring the kid down. He has the basic tools that few have - and like Quincy, if he's in a top-level environment with the kind of players and structure we have, then anything is possible. Ego and bad attitude can be stamped out, but the actual talent/ability must be there to begin with.

And at the end of the day, THAT is the key thing if you are looking young talent for cheap: you have to focus on what is possible and what you can mould with the raw player, not waste time being negative and petty like the Norwegians.

Latest posts

Top Bottom