• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Aliko Dangote was interested a couple of years back,don't know if he's still in the mix.

He said he had other business ventures to focus on but would be ready for Arsenal in 2021, not sure if that's still the case.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah I mean we have spent a lot, enough to get into the top 4 100%, recruitment has been poor. But to push to that next level of CL success it would have to be a jump to the next level. For example since Arsène left we've spent £300M, Chelsea have spent £450M and City £370M but that was with an already stacked squad.

Realistically to get anywhere near the top and win a CL we'd need maybe £400M spend in the next two summers. Which isn't happening.

Our scouting and recruitment have been poor though, spending 100m on Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez. Spending 50 mill on Lacazette just to spend then same on Auba did we really need that? Pepe was a colossal waste of money, Torreira Sokratis etc pointless Sven signings.

If Chelsea make a flop signing they just sell/loan them and just buy another one, every one of our transfers has to work we don't have their unlimited money.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Is Ek going to allow something like this?

Not sure this is of much benefit really, from the clubs perspective it connects the fans to the board but nothing more than a token gesture.

Can you actually imagine Phil the Chelsea fan sitting across the table from Roman Abramovich or high level execs, it would be so intimidating they would more than likely just agree with everything that is said.

Would be similar to when AFTV interviewed Gary Neville, a waste of time :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Yeah I mean we have spent a lot, enough to get into the top 4 100%, recruitment has been poor. But to push to that next level of CL success it would have to be a jump to the next level. For example since Arsène left we've spent £300M, Chelsea have spent £450M and City £370M but that was with an already stacked squad.

Realistically to get anywhere near the top and win a CL we'd need maybe £400M spend in the next two summers. Which isn't happening.

Getting in financial backing should not only assist us on the field, but also help us in the areas where desperate help is needed (board decision making, buying and selling players, experienced football people behind the scenes in football direction, scouting, etc). That is what comes with this takeover and support.

I am confident that this is what Wenger, Bergkamp, Henry and Vieira would be considering.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Look at the reaction from the three clubs to the
Morata/Lukaku/Lacazette signings.

Chelsea bin Morata off after a couple of years and make a huge chunk back. United get their money back for Lukaku after a couple of years and trust in their youth. Arsenal will end up selling for nothing or even let him go on a free after four poor seasons.

Different standards.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah, they're going to spend a bit of cash this summer, for sure

They aren't going to sell...ever?

If the super league is still in the pipeline then yeah, they'll never sell. But everything will pressure them to open the wallets. In the wish-list thread I did a decent write up on what I think we need squad wise. Works out as 7 signings (Ryan permanently, GK, LB backup, RB, two CM's and a LW/AM) and for what I'd personally want would cost around £230M. That's the benchmark, if they want this club to challenge then its going to take around £200M spent on footballers this summer.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
krtwcnsuvax61.jpg

This image is so big it must be true
A123-FB9-C-7-ECA-4335-93-BA-28-FBA4872-AC0.gif

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't think many of the current crop lack the application or professionalism to be honest, they just lack the ability, which is why most people think the "Arsenal DNA" has gone, at least on the players side. If they were better at football I don't think this Arsenal DNA thing would be as big a question. It comes down to connection between players and supporters, and it's hard to get emotionally attached to a player that doesn't meet the standard we as supporters set for Arsenal players.

I think you'll always get situations where players are at the club to milk it dry, I dont think that scenario would just stop happening if we got our DNA back.

In terms of Woj, that guy was one of the most unprofessional players I can remember at the club. Not sure he is a credible example of a player that encapsulates application and professionalism, but I do get your point.
It is the lack of ability that has permeated through the entire squad and dare I say, changed our DNA. I think the current crop are quite professional but not good enough. This leads to the standards bring lowered and the goal posts moved to justify this new breed. It's unacceptable. I don't want to harp on and call out certain players, but a few would have been booted out years ago or beaten up in training. If Ek takes over and Paddy, Bergkamp and Henry look the steady Eddie types in the eye and tell them they're not good enough, there's no way some fans will keep defending certain players at the expense of the club.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
hopefully this exit will make Kroenke sell? I doubt we can get any decent players unless they see there is a change.

baccy_man

Established Member
This loss tonight might be a blessing in disguise with drop in revenue because of not playing European games it might help Kroenke. decide to sell up and take as much profit out of the club as he can get,
The club is going to need a lot of money spent on new players to get us back into the European games again,
And we are going to need a manager that can convince the top players to want to play for us in the future.

ChefMan21

For sale: former European powerhouse now mid-table club languishing at a crossroads. Much loved club by previous owners, current owner selling as deceased estate. Would suit renovator or first home buyer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think this is his best chance he need to put his bid and test kroenke keeping talking about it won't do nothing we need actions

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I am not sure with this EK takeover bid. He is not mega rich. His bid might resort to multiple bank loans and refinancing and put the club in deeper debt. Not ideal.

I respect Ek's intention to bring the old Arsenal back, but that should happen at the sporting level.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom