• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why anyone thought this would end any different. They already said they were selling. "iF tHeY wErE sElLiNg tHeY wOuLdN't CoMe OuT aNd sAy", A-M logic undefeated once again.
You sound happy Sheamus?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
very difficult you make an owner who own multi franchises worth 10Billion to sell. i don't want anything from Kroenke just freaking invest some money to club you own so this is least he should do.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
All a publicity stunt. As Arsène said the deals that get done aren't done publicly.

If he wants to buy Arsenal it has to be an offer too good to refuse. And if he has went in with 1 offer how comes he's on social media talking about it. How many big deals are done on the first offer. There's surely some back and forth negotiating.

Iceman10

Established Member
very difficult you make an owner who own multi franchises worth 10Billion to sell. i don't want anything from Kroenke just freaking invest some money to club you own so this is least he should do.
Remember this isn't just about money. It is about his distance from the club and not knowing anything about football. The sporting passion, care, and oversight of day to day running of the club is not there. Mediocre hires have been made and there is no accountability.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
All a publicity stunt. As Arsène said the deals that get done aren't done publicly.

If he wants to buy Arsenal it has to be an offer too good to refuse. And if he has went in with 1 offer how comes he's on social media talking about it. How many big deals are done on the first offer. There's surely some back and forth negotiating.

Pretty stupid publicity stunt for him to put out a statement so easily refutable by the Kroenkes.
He defo made a bid (costing him money to make it by the way) and that was defo the answer, so how was it a publicity stunt?
And in a year where streaming services saw their highest gross ever, why would he need PR?

samshere

Why so serieuse?
There's a big part of me that believes this was all just a massive publicity stunt and Ek never genuinely believed he had a chance. It's all been good PR for him.
How is it good PR if he's not able to get the deal through. The man who almost bought arsenal is hardly a title worth the effort.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
How is it good PR if he's not able to get the deal through. The man who almost bought arsenal is hardly a title worth the effort.

If anything this will now make the butt of jokes all over the footballing fan world. It's not exactly good for his image.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Pretty stupid publicity stunt for him to put out a statement so easily refutable by the Kroenkes.
He defo made a bid (costing him money to make it by the way) and that was defo the answer, so how was it a publicity stunt?
And in a year where streaming services saw their highest gross ever, why would he need PR?
Not really. How many people had even heard of Daniel Ek before? How many people were talking about him in the general media? I have had spotify for about 2 years and never once heard of him.

Now I do. He's become a known figure to the masses of football followers who don't maybe study business/economics.

Tell me this. If he isn't doing it for publicity what benefit to him is it making everything public? What does he get saying I made a bid and it was rejected other than fame and popularity among Arsenal fans.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

A lot more people know who Daniel Ek is than before this. Also spotify has come under fire a lot for how they pay artists. Throughout this whole thing the media has painted him as a hero ready to save Arsenal, he's made sure to tell people he was a true fan who wasn't doing it to make money it was for his love of Arsenal. It hasn't done him any harm. There's no way in hell he genuinely believed his bid was ever gonna be enough and by the sounds of things there won't be another bid.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
as Wenger said also these things should go to public you not buying simple thing you buying a football club that worth near 2B. either way i just don't think Kroenke will sell up and i'm waiting to see what he'll do this summer if nothing then he accepting we being mediocre and this will be extremely worrying.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Stan Kroenke already winning the fans back with that shiny new kit and he’s currently locating that “war chest” from the back of his sofa, so we can show some intent with a Grealish bid.

:drool:

This new Arsenal feels different imo.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Not really. How many people had even heard of Daniel Ek before? How many people were talking about him in the general media? I have had spotify for about 2 years and never once heard of him.

Now I do. He's become a known figure to the masses of football followers who don't maybe study business/economics.

Tell me this. If he isn't doing it for publicity what benefit to him is it making everything public? What does he get saying I made a bid and it was rejected other than fame and popularity among Arsenal fans.

Publicity stunts are used to spotlight a product, but he's not a Kardashian, he's not the product. Spotify is and it doesn't need it. Unless he's going into politics or show business, he doesn't need the personal PR for his business model. Spotify's success is based on its business code. It is unique. Eke's name is not of benefit. In fact, the more the names of the people behind internet services are known, the more these services become subject to negative press targeting the personality of the owner. How many people know Reed Hasting's name? Very few. There's a reason for it, same reason Eke has always been publicity shy.

And again, he wouldn't make a false statement so easily refutable. He must have made the bid.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom