• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
So many whiny, cynical AM bastards. I thought you wanted different ownership? What on Earth is embarrassing about a 2B plus bid? I'm not saying it's likely to happen or that I'm sure of Ek's intentions but honestly what do you prats think a takeover looks like? If you think someone is likely to come along and immediately slap 3B plus on the table you're living in a bloody dreamland.

I think virtually every Arsenal fan wants different owners. It's about the only thing we all can agree on. Lets not make Ek out as some form of saviour in waiting though.

Kroenke as a businessman is only going to sell for a price that forces his hand to sell. That's the reality of the situation. Either Ek forces his hand by massively overpaying or he'll be owner forever or until someone does pay up.

It's perfectly reasonable to think given Ek's fairly modest net worth ( within the context of buying an asset valued at around £2b) his heightened profile on social media recently, his deployment of Arsenal legends who realistically have no business whatsoever being involved in anything off field related beyond PR, that he is not a serious suitor for Arsenal given the circumstances and is using his interest in Arsenal for ulterior motives.

If Ek was realistic about buying the club he wouldn't be putting in bids of £1.8-2b he'd be hovering around the £2.5b mark. That would still be rejected but it would probably make Kroenke's ears perk up in terms of Ek being someone seriously willing to push the boat out to buy the club.

It's not about being cynical, it's about being realistic. Ek just doesn't add up.

Last edited:

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I think virtually every Arsenal fan wants different owners. It's about the only thing we all can agree on. Lets not make Ek out as some form of saviour in waiting though.

Kroenke as a businessman is only going to sell for a price that forces his hand to sell. That's the reality of the situation. Either Ek forces his hand by massively overpaying or he'll be owner forever or until someone does pay up.

It's perfectly reasonable to think given Ek's fairly modest net worth ( within the context of buying an asset valued at around £2b) his heightened profile on social media recently, his deployment of Arsenal legends who realistically have no business whatsoever being involved in anything off field related beyond PR, that he is not a serious suitor for Arsenal given the circumstances and is using his interest in Arsenal for ulterior motives.

If Ek was realistic about buying the club he wouldn't be putting in bids of £1.8-2b he'd be hovering around the £2.5b mark. That would still be rejected but it would probably make Kroenke's ears perk up in terms of Ek being someone seriously willing to push the boat out to buy the club.

It's not about being cynical, it's about being realistic. Ek just doesn't add up.
I agree it doesn't seem likely Ek will be successful in his takeover of the club, what I was trying to point out is that many people on this thread seem to be arrogant enough to think they can divine his intentions with certainty. I also agree that what you lay out is a possible explanation for what we are observing from Daniel Ek at the moment. That being said Ek is a man of considerable but in this context limited means, to want him to put down an offer of 2.5B considering his 4B net worth is very high standard to set indeed, particularly considering most Billionaire's assets are not liquid, it maybe that Ek is doing his best with what he has to put pressure on the club, to try to force some type of a change, he could see it as a form of activism if his attempt is unsuccessful. From a business perspective he's done fine thus far without using this type of a tactic to raise his profile, if his only objective were money I don't see this as the most efficient use of his time, what specifically does he gain that he can leverage in a way that is significant for a man like him? He could be involving himself with other more high profile clubs if it this were just a ruse, he also has a Spotify as a public platform that absolutely dwarfs whatever audience he's reaching with an Arsenal takeover bid.

You and I and everyone else are dealing with extremely limited information and its likely Ek is too regarding what the Kroenkes want specifically so I don't see what is so offensive about a man worth 4B bidding 2B to try to buy a club valued at about 2B. As for what sum of money is likely to do what, you're pulling them out of your arse just like everyone else is.

Maybe his intentions are some how purely self serving and he has no intention of buying or helping the club, I don't have a ****ing clue.
I agree it's realistic to think the bid is unlikely to be successful but I believe the people who think they know Ek's devious intentions are indeed being extremely cynical.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I agree it doesn't seem likely Ek will be successful in his takeover of the club, what I was trying to point out is that many people on this thread seem to be arrogant enough to think they can divine his intentions with certainty. I also agree that what you lay out is a possible explanation for what we are observing from Daniel Ek at the moment. That being said Ek is a man of considerable but in this context limited means, to want him to put down an offer of 2.5B considering his 4B net worth is very high standard to set indeed, particularly considering most Billionaire's assets are not liquid, it maybe that Ek is doing his best with what he has to put pressure on the club, to try to force some type of a change, he could see it as a form of activism if his attempt is unsuccessful. From a business perspective he's done fine thus far without using this type of a tactic to raise his profile, if his only objective were money I don't see this as the most efficient use of his time, what specifically does he gain that he can leverage in a way that is significant for a man like him? He could be involving himself with other more high profile clubs if it this were just a ruse, he also has a Spotify as a public platform that absolutely dwarfs whatever audience he's reaching with an Arsenal takeover bid.

You and I and everyone else are dealing with extremely limited information and its likely Ek is too regarding what the Kroenkes want specifically so I don't see what is so offensive about a man worth 4B bidding 2B to try to buy a club valued at about 2B. As for what sum of money is likely to do what, you're pulling them out of your arse just like everyone else is.

Maybe his intentions are some how purely self serving and he has no intention of buying or helping the club, I don't have a ****ing clue.
I agree it's realistic to think the bid is unlikely to be successful but I believe the people who think they know Ek's devious intentions are indeed being extremely cynical.
Yeah I agree with this as well. It's very arrogant in the context of supporting Arsenal) to think that Ek is using this for some sort of personal gain, financial or reputational. Arsenal simply isn't a big enough club to do so (no football club is), given the context of him being the founder and ceo of Spotify.

I'm 100% sure that he has a genuine interest in owning Arsenal and trying to revitalize the club. I'm also 100% that he won't put massive warchests on the table for the transfer windows. He might have something up his sleeve to kickstart the process of a rebuild, but I don't expect a much bigger investment than Kroenke. I don't expect him to sack Arteta the first thing either. I do however expect that he'll look to put experienced football people in key positions over time and that we'll see the likes of Vinai and Edu out the door. I also expect him to be very clear about his expectations of the manager and that he'll eventually look for a Wenger mk2. Not that there will necessarily be one, but in terms of values, view on football and ability to bring through exciting players.

ChefMan21

Investment bankers and AM billionaires please step forward, because I'm not sure anyone on here has the foggiest about what does and doesn't happen - and indeed what is and isn't needed - for something of this nature.

SK___

Investment bankers and AM billionaires please step forward, because I'm not sure anyone on here has the foggiest about what does and doesn't happen - and indeed what is and isn't needed - for something of this nature.
I’m an investment banker, how can I help?

bonzka

This is such a half arsed takeover attempt. Apart from getting endorsements from the old guard, there seems to be zero conviction with these bids.

Surprised the Saudis haven’t changed their focus from Newcastle. We’d be rich pickings for a positive PR hungry state.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Getting a bit tired of EK now. I think he's a bit of a chancer / PR merchant to be honest.

Kroenke will only accept a bid that's too good to turn down. We all know that. He views Arsenal as a low risk / long term investment. You're probably talking £3b+ to get him twitching.

Ek messing around with bids around market value or just above is a waste of everyone's time to be honest.

Judging from the bids Arsenal DNA runs strong in him 😂 I’ll give him that much.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I think everyone should give up on this unfortunately, numerous articles have come out saying Kroenke has no thoughts about selling, if he has any chance of selling Eke or anyone would have to come in with a much higher bid then 2b unfortunately. He is still so selfish & has no respect towards our club unfortunately, all he has is thoughts about himself & his business.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Found out I missed out on a virtual lecture Ek was holding today for people from my Uni (I'm enrolled at the same one that he once went to). Should I have attended and badgered him about Arsenal?
What university is that? Bara nyfiken!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Maybe Trump can buy Arsenal, he's got the money. Then could really MAGA!!!

👿👿👿👿👿
Now that would be epic! But doubt he has enough to buy us. Compared to Ek I think Trump is a bit of a pauper. Trump is just super leveraged wading in debt he doesn't serve. Might as well as Deutsche Bank to buy us right away...

Top Bottom