• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The Onion.

Who the hell names these things, ffs :lol:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Bergkamp: 'We want to restore Arsenal's DNA'

Google Translated this from Dutch website vi.nl. Full Article

Arsenal's season ends again on a bad note this week. With a final place in the middle of the Premier League, far below the London club's standings. And so something has to be done. Although his first offer was recently declined, Spotify owner Daniel Ek wants to continue with his acquisition plans. The Swedish multi-billionaire has played an important role for club legends Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira. Bergkamp provides text and explanation for the first time.

When did you decide to intervene at Arsenal?
'After I left the club I always kept in touch with Thierry and Patrick. And of course I continued to follow the games of Arsenal. I have played an important part of my career there, I have had a testimonial there. The club is in my heart, I have become a fan of players. Just like Patrick and Thierry, I recognize the Arsenal from our own time less and less. The ambition to win top prizes is in Arsenal's DNA. Never accepting loss. That mentality has slowly disappeared. I sense resignation about the current situation. That is serious. As if, given the financial situation, it is normal for Arsenal to end in the middle bracket. That does not belong to this club. Arsenal's DNA must be restored. '

How and when did contact with Daniel Ek come about?
Daniel has been an Arsenal fan all his life. A real. He also appeared to be worried about the downturn at the club for some time. When the Super League dominated the news for days, Daniel just about exploded. That was when he wanted to continue and contact us. During a Zoom meeting with Thierry, Patrick and I, he shared his concerns and plans with us. That made an impression from the first moment. It immediately became clear to me how deep the supportership is with Daniel. I think that's important: Daniel doesn't see a takeover as buying a nice toy. On the contrary.'
'He understands the passion of a football fan. Because he is one himself. He also wants to significantly increase the influence of the fans. Among other things, by giving them a place in the club management. We think that is very important. We want to get close to the supporters. Daniel likes transparency anyway. Just look at how he communicates about this, via Twitter, clear to everyone. Another important point is that Daniel understands that Arsenal's problems cannot be solved just like that. With some extra money pumping in and firing the trainer, for example, you will not get there. If Arsenal wants to be at the top next season, they will have to achieve a world topper in every line. While the club has long lacked the appeal for this category of players. Hence, structural changes must take place. This is the backbone of Arsenal. This is a major long-term project. '

Where do you start if the club's working methods have to be changed deep down into the DNA?
'You have to start at the top. Hence, an acquisition is crucial. So that Arsenal can continue with an owner who understands that a football club should not be run like a company. No matter how much money is involved in English football, Arsenal is and will remain a football club. Which must also be managed as such, in all layers of the club. '

Are there any similarities with the Cruijff revolution ten years ago at Ajax, in which you played a pioneering role?
'The need for changes, the leading role of football, the great ambitions that we want to bring back: these are indeed parallels. But at Arsenal I am not looking for a revolution. We really hope that we can talk to the current owners in a good way. We don't want to harm anyone, it's not about us personally. This revolves around our views on an improved Arsenal. As players, we contributed to the transition from Boring Arsenal to a squad called The Invincibleswas named. Thanks to that period, I have now been inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame, which I am extremely proud of. The quality, mindset and passion of that time must once again become the norm. Thierry, Patrick and I have ideas about that. Which fit perfectly with Daniel's plans. '

Ek's first offer of nearly two billion euros has been rejected by the current owners, the Kroenke family. What now?
'We can't force anyone to sell. I understand that, in addition to that offer, Daniel has now reached out twice to Josh Kroenke and his bankers. Whatever Kroenke's intentions are, it would be good if we at least have a conversation with each other. In the interest of the club. Regardless, Daniel is not a quitter and neither are we football boys. We are here to stay. The crazy thing is that we cannot imagine how the current players feel. Because we have always played for the championship ourselves. We do know how the fans feel. We have already had a meeting with a supporter delegation. We also sense more and more enthusiasm on their side. That is very stimulating. '

If the takeover succeeds, what exactly should your role and that of Henry and Vieira be?
'Football, passion and ambition must again be central. We have plenty of ideas about the technical details, but it makes little sense to anticipate them now. First, Daniel has to come to a takeover. After that, it would make sense to use the knowledge we have gained during and after our careers. We are ready and so is Daniel. Fans are thrilled. Now the current club management.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
A 2 billion takeover won't be a straightforward affair. Think of the trouble we have for buying a player without a release clause and multiply than by 100. But I have hope that it eventually goes through. In any case it puts a bit of pressure on Kroenke to invest and get Arsenal towards the top end of the table.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Goldbridge > any other football YouTuber

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The football Gerbil is about to release some big, big news apparently....
Yeah I saw one of those supposed ITK's big news tonight was that Ronaldo wants to return to United if Juve don't qualify for the CL.

Reactions: roz

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

of-a-nervous-and-anxious-bird-pacing-around-the-coffee-cup-like-some-kind-of-addicted-trash-pigeon

Tom Mix

It is not the end. Dennis Bergkamp has said they will keep on at it. The fans must demonstrate and there will be an investigation into ownership from Parliament.

Iceman10

Established Member
I guess that is the end of it?
Don't want to be negative, but DB10's statement kind of downsizes everything to wanting a sit down with Kroenke's to discuss the clubs future, which sort of gives impression of resignation towards a range of options other than buyout. Fans do need to keep up pressure though, not liking how little Josh seemed to cede at the fans forum today, already just token stuff with confrontation against him apparently eased, which kind of ties in with some concerns I have over AST, even though that is pretty much all we have got.

Top Bottom