• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Looks the ESL is dead in the water so that option is gone.
Doensn't rule out a breakaway league tbh.

The fine is minor. As for the points deduction, risky but even we would have stayed up this year with a 30 point deduction.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The fine is minor. As for the points deduction, risky but even we would have stayed up this year with a 30 point deduction.
Points deduction doesn't necessarily mean it would be for the current season. We could've started next season with -30 points, similar to how Sheffield Wednesday started with -6 points after they broke spending rules.
But if the 30 point deduction is only for current leagues, then who gives a f? ESLis hardly going to deduct points form day 1. £20m would seem small bickies for the ESL clubs.
The ESL was supposed to replace the CL for these clubs, this "breakaway" narrative was inaccurate. If Arsenal began the season with -30 points and went into the Championship it would make the club's place in the SL a farce.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Points deduction doesn't necessarily mean it would be for the current season. We could've started next season with -30 points, similar to how Sheffield Wednesday started with -6 points after they broke spending rules.
Yeah I know but my point is. The big 6 are all good enough to pick up enough points to avoid relegation, using our horrible 61 point season as an example. We still would have finished with 31 points in 17th place.

That's before you factor in the increased quality/depth we'd have from signing players.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah I know but my point is. The big 6 are all good enough to pick up enough points to avoid relegation, using our horrible 61 point season as an example. We still would have finished with 31 points in 17th place.

That's before you factor in the increased quality/depth we'd have from signing players.
That was 61 points with a lot of rotation in the Europa. The best players would probably play the midweek games against Bayern and them man so the league form could easily be worse than that.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

you sure this is happening? 😶

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
The faster we are rid of Kroenke and his ilk, the better. But I don't now how much this wil affect our spending in the transfer market.

Although, I'm not that hopefull that they will actually sell.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

While I am as eager as anyone to get rid of the current ownership, I worry that Ek will not have enough firepower to make us competitive.

Sad to say, it would take owners like at Chelsea or City to achieve that. That being said, it would be nice to have an owner that knows who Andy Linighan is. It makes all the difference.

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
While I am as eager as anyone to get rid of the current ownership, I worry that Ek will not have enough firepower to make us competitive.

Sad to say, it would take owners like at Chelsea or City to achieve that. That being sad, it would be nice to have an owner that knows who Andy Linighan is. It makes all the difference.
even if we continue at a self sustaining model...but with proper management...it will be a big improvement.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Sad to say, it would take owners like at Chelsea or City to achieve that. That being sad, it would be nice to have an owner that knows who Andy Linighan is. It makes all the difference.

He's a self made man, unlike the Kroenkes who married and inherited it. He'll know how to run a business efficiently, who to hire to run it, and how to raise money. He's also a football fan, a genuine football fan, who will have the desire to win, and feel the pain of losing, not just make money.

Last edited:

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name

We need to find some human rights abusers that like the club and will invest. Sadly the US took out OBL because they hate Arsenal

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's a self made man, unlike the Kroenkes who married and inherited it. He'll know how to run a business efficiently, who to hire to run it, and how to raise money. He's also a football fan, a genuine football fan, who will have the desire to win, and feel the pain of loosing, now just make money.
Yes, when put that way, it would promise to be a great improvement. I do think that people should not see this as a quick fix that would instantly propel us to the league.

At the end of the day, money matters in football, and it will be hard to compete against the financial firepower that Chelsea and City has.

We need rid of the current ownership though.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Sad to say, it would take owners like at Chelsea or City to achieve that. That being said, it would be nice to have an owner that knows who Andy Linighan is. It makes all the difference.

If he's present and actually oversees his investment that would be a huge upgrade and would put us on the road to being competitive much quicker than promoting Vinai thrice over after he got scammed by a Chinese woman posing as an executive.

We're rotten from the top down, having someone with the least bit of ambition would revolutionize this club.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Yes, when put that way, it would promise to be a great improvement. I do think that people should not see this as a quick fix that would instantly propel us to the league.

At the end of the day, money matters in football, and it will be hard to compete against the financial firepower that Chelsea and City has.

I think fans just want to see a club well run.

Football heads on key positions. Proactive moves and laid-out plan, going with the values of the club. Fans would like a Liverpool or Leicester style (even Tottenhem under Poch) improvement.

Meaning exciting out-of-the-blue young signings, rewarding academy players, etc... just no more freezing out youth because they don't lick the head coach's butt, or uninspiring football and shady mediocre signings on high wages and long term contacts.

I think we could live with that. The narrative fans are impatient and want only superstar signings is plain wrong. Remember when Guendouzi broke out? Why not more of that, etc.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I see Ek's potential ownership as start of a rebuild of the club that would go down the same route as Leicester seem to have done last years, albeit us being a bigger club would position us less as a selling club.

Competent people with good footballing knowledge and lots of experience, good scouting and smart buys of players that aren't readymade but rather ready for a step up. I think that way you look at Europa League as a first step and then a couple of years more to make the CL.

Fwiw I don't think any squad improvement that have even the slightest chance of happening will automatically get us to CL or be "top 4" guaranteed, so still think EL first is the way forward and everything above is a bonus. That includes the likes of Grealish.

Latest posts

Top Bottom