• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The club needs to lose the arrogance... accept our position as an underdog & embrace it.

Now these juggernauts are in the league we are never going to win it playing like the Invincibles or a Pep knockoff... multiple clubs have greater funds, better players & better managers. We need to be the Leicester 16, Porto 04, Simeones Atletico etc.

Since Wenger left we've spent the second most net behind United and have the second highest wage bill behind United.

We aren't an underdog at all, we're an underperforming big club. We are no Dortmund or Porto. You can't be one of those and then give out 350k a week wages to single players.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Since Wenger left we've spent the second most net behind United and have the second highest wage bill behind United.

We aren't an underdog at all, we're an underperforming big club. We are no Dortmund or Porto. You can't be one of those and then give out 350k a week wages to single players.
💯 nailed it... changing exactly this train of thought 🤣

Preacher

Always Crying
Summary from reddit user:

The money doesn't matter. Arsenal are not profitable at the moment. Around 2.5 billion might tempt him. Central midfield priority. Left back wanted. Not easy to sell outgoings. Club are fully behind Arteta. His position is not under threat. The styllistic direction of Arteta is stronger than Emery and Wenger. Ornstein thought Arteta was a massive gamble. Mikel Arteta is backed by players, staff in a way that was not towards the end of Emery's reign.

Also mentioned that Saliba may go on loan again, nothing about a permanent move.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

@Gooner416 you're my go-to finance guy now, explain this for me plz, is football tearing itself apart or is some even richer broadcaster just gonna take it on and the whole circus will continue?

So it appears BT is less aligned to streaming sports content due to the costs and viewership associated (they had to package it for free to entice users to BT). I would assume the new CEO would rather allocate those funds elsewhere. Another broadcaster will overpay for the rights instead and the whole circus will continue. These rights are so monopolized that it ends up at the highest bidder. It appears selling BT sport to another streaming service packaged with their UFC and football rights will provide a sizeable kitty to cover other strategic avenues and service debt.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

The money doesn't matter. Arsenal are not profitable at the moment. Around 2.5 billion might tempt him. Central midfield priority. Left back wanted. Not easy to sell outgoings. Club are fully behind Arteta. His position is not under threat. The styllistic direction of Arteta is stronger than Emery and Wenger. Ornstein thought Arteta was a massive gamble. Mikel Arteta is backed by players, staff in a way that was not towards the end of Emery's reign.

Also mentioned that Saliba may go on loan again, nothing about a permanent move.

What do they mean the “stylistic direction” of Arteta is stronger than Wenger? Huh?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
BT Sport in the mud 😍 Hope DAZN or Amazon get the rights

Actually really like DAZN. Some of their pundits are a bit suspect, but on the other hand they consistently do the 2 pundit style which we haven't got on any other channel in Germany - it's usually one guy talking bollocks for 90 minutes so that's fresh. Also got some leftfield experts as pundits and not the usual suspects. Also way more coming from a football angle and not so much this mainstream enterntainment "we need to adapt football for the event fans" style public channels do. Also got loads of sports and good prices. E.g. a month of just Sport on Sky is 30€ and that's Bundesliga, Formula 1 and a bit of boxing. DAZN is 12€ a month and I share that with a mate so it's just 6 ****ing Euros a month. The only problem I have with them is they ended their support for PS3 this month so I need to get another Amazon Fire Stick.

TheEconomist

Established Member
Arsenal Holdings PLC is listed on the Aquis stock exchange. If fans were willing to pop about £35k for one share then that might be possible, but I highly doubt that. For context, Booking.com is £2k per share, and that’s a company worth £50bn (compared to Arsenal’s £2.5bn).

KSE say they’re unwilling to sell, so it would probably take a seismic offer - well above market value, to tempt them and I don’t see that being a Stuart who lives on Essex Road sadly.

Football is now global. We can’t put this genie back in the bottle unfortunately, but we can use our democratic rights to petition the Govt for reforms in corporate governance of football clubs.

What does that mean? Example: A democratically elected non executive director on the board.
Thanks for the response
I work in asset management so I'm fairly familiar with how buying shares works.

What I was suggesting wasn't that individual fans start buying up shares, that wouldn't work, even if people did, most of the shares are owned by kroenke so the amount that are still traded publicly will be negligible. However, if we say arsenal fair value is under 2bn, a large crowd fund could offer kroenke 3bn, giving him a 50% uplift in current value, and in the grand scheme of things an extra billion amongst arsenal fans globally isn't a huge amount given all the inflated valuations in tech stocks, crypto etc in the market right now.

I agree that we need a group of decision makers acting in the long term interest of arsenal, as opposed to maximising revenue, and they government protection would nd be helpful, but I don't personally trust the government to intervene successfully. I think we'll have to do what we can to get kroenke out

Last edited:

Joestlaachmkr

I’m def on the Kroenke train. But i can’t take this Daniel Ek guy seriously, he seems more like a clown to me. And it’s pretty clear that Kroenke has no intensions of selling the club anyway.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006

Isnt it a big step for Ornstein to say that they may be willing to sell if the money is right?

Vicki

What do they mean the “stylistic direction” of Arteta is stronger than Wenger? Huh?
Key word = jacket

EhGCA5Z.gif

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

He looks better on the touchline and behind the presser table.
Arteta wears more and nicer black jackets/roll-necks/zip-ups than Wenger.

Ek is clearly more of a t-shirt and jacket guy.

As a team we plainly need to splice our touchline style.

If the buyout succeeds, our next manager Is nailed on to be the god of thunder.

1619766526133.jpeg

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Pathetic. Hope the club disappears.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Arteta wears more and nicer black jackets/roll-necks/zip-ups than Wenger.

Ek is clearly more of a t-shirt and jacket guy.

As a team we plainly need to splice our touchline style.

If the buyout succeeds, our next manager Is nailed on to be the god of thunder.

View attachment 2744

Get this guy on the touchline and I promise to buy a season ticket for every trusted member on this forum (not for Admin or riff raff from my category).

just-lot-take.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom